Watch out - Virus about!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by BBNet, Nov 30, 2004.

  1. BBNet

    BBNet Guest

    I work for a virus detection company, still under creation!.

    Recently I had been doing research into new viruses when I found the Wertons
    Virus. The virus makers had practically created the name thierselfs. They
    try to fool people by making the virus look like an actual virus detector!.

    All this virus does is makes a message appear which says - Warning - you
    have a virus, shutting down computer.
    It'll happen everytime you start-up your computer.

    It can be found in the popular P2P programs, but can't be detected by most
    virus blockers.
    If you have the virus, start-up your computer in safe mode. Click Start
    menu, go to Start-up, and delete (by right-clicking, then left clicking
    delete) the files you have never heard of. Do not download files from Kazaa
    which say "artist - [...][...]".

    Hope this helps you,
    JuiMagolongjoug Virus Protection Corporation International (c) 2004 (r)
    2004,
    #0001454
    BBNet, Nov 30, 2004

  2. BBNet wrote:

    > I work for a virus detection company, still under creation!.

    Yes, and I work for the Klingons, and it really pisses us off when some
    dumbass acts as though he's discovered a computer virus when he's done
    no such thing. Now run along and don't warn us anymore.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 30, 2004

  3. BBNet

    Hammerer Guest

    "BBNet" <> wrote in message

    > I work for a virus detection company, still under creation!.

    Jesus!

    > Recently I had been doing research into new viruses when I found the

    Wertons
    > Virus. The virus makers had practically created the name thierselfs. They
    > try to fool people by making the virus look like an actual virus

    detector!.
    > All this virus does is makes a message appear which says - Warning - you
    > have a virus, shutting down computer.

    Translation - "It caught me out - even though I work for a virus detection
    company"

    > It'll happen everytime you start-up your computer.

    No it won't, because I wouldn't download it in the first place. Much less
    execute it.
    Hammerer, Nov 30, 2004
  4. BBNet

    GFG Guest

    This post is a little suspect in my view,although I have not always been
    correct in my assessments. That being said looking at the responses to your
    post thus far it doesn't appear that you are "winning any friends and
    influencing people" as a How To book title describes it. I'm just going to
    leave the Wertons Virus to its' own devices, carrying on fooling people as
    it travels around. I need something more official than your post to convince
    me that I should follow your advice.

    GFG, Nov 30, 2004
  5. BBNet

    °Mike° Guest

    On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:53:12 GMT, in
    <siYqd.53224$>
    BBNet scrawled:

    >I work for a virus detection company, still under creation!.

    Sure you do.

    >Recently I had been doing research into new viruses when I found the Wertons
    >Virus. The virus makers had practically created the name thierselfs.

    "theirselfs", eh?

    <snip>

    >It can be found in the popular P2P programs, but can't be detected by most
    >virus blockers.

    Yeah, right! How convenient for your supposed new company.

    >If you have the virus, start-up your computer in safe mode. Click Start
    >menu, go to Start-up, and delete (by right-clicking, then left clicking
    >delete) the files you have never heard of.

    Bullis! Is that you?

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 30, 2004
  6. BBNet

    Scraggy Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:
    > BBNet wrote:
    >
    >> I work for a virus detection company, still under creation!.

    > Yes, and I work for the Klingons, and it really pisses us off when
    > some dumbass acts as though he's discovered a computer virus when
    > he's done no such thing. Now run along and don't warn us anymore.

    If you work for the Klingons then you are my sworn enemy.

    --
    To restrict a segment of the population to such hardship is unthinkable
    in an evolved culture.

    "The Cloud Minders," stardate 5818.4
    Scraggy, Nov 30, 2004
  7. BBNet

    gb Guest

    Theirselfs?

    gb, Nov 30, 2004
  8. BBNet

    Hackworth Guest

    "gb" <> wrote in message
    > Theirselfs?

    Hmmmm. Him talkum plenty good English.

    > "BBNet" <> wrote in message
    >>I work for a virus detection company, still under creation!.
    >>
    >> Recently I had been doing research into new viruses when I found the
    >> Wertons Virus. The virus makers had practically created the name
    >> thierselfs. They try to fool people by making the virus look like an
    >> actual virus detector!.

    <snip>
    Hackworth, Dec 1, 2004
  9. You don't always have to willingly download something.. If your OS has a
    security hole it can leak right through. :)

    That can be fixed though, just need a good firewall to prevent rouge
    connections.

    ChaosBlizzard, Dec 2, 2004
  10. BBNet

    Hammerer Guest

    "ChaosBlizzard" <ChaosBlizzard7c1@hotmailNOspam_remove.com> top-posted
    in message news:6iwrd.14957$...

    > You don't always have to willingly download something..
    > If your OS has a security hole it can leak right through. :)

    No it can't. My firewall is good enough to prevent rouge connections.

    > That can be fixed though, just need a good firewall to
    > prevent rouge connections.

    See? Heh!
    Hammerer, Dec 2, 2004
  11. You said no it can't before the if statement.. Therefore your first
    statement is invalid. :)

    You see, it would work if you said that after the second statement. lol

    ChaosBlizzard, Dec 2, 2004