    Immediately got this message: "The path of the executable is not in the
    registry." What am I expected to do? The roxio website is useless.
    Thanks.

    wh, Sep 28, 2003

  2. wh

    EricP Guest

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 21:25:47 GMT, "wh" <> wrote:

    >My copy of roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator Version 6 has been wasting discs
    >right and left, so I downloaded
    >
    >engine_v6.1.1.7.exe in hopes that would fix the problem.
    >
    >Immediately got this message: "The path of the executable is not in the
    >registry." What am I expected to do? The roxio website is useless.
    >Thanks.

    Roxio is useless. use Nero or anything else.
    It causes more problems/coasters than any other burning software. It
    has a particular dislike for XP

    EricP, Sep 28, 2003

  3. wh

    Richard Guest

    wh wrote:

    > My copy of roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator Version 6 has been wasting
    > discs
    > right and left, so I downloaded

    > engine_v6.1.1.7.exe in hopes that would fix the problem.

    > Immediately got this message: "The path of the executable is not in
    > the
    > registry." What am I expected to do? The roxio website is useless.
    > Thanks.

    Just a thought. Got directX installed?
    I couldn't get mine to install and work properly one time.
    Months later tried it again and it worked. The only difference being I had
    directx installed.
    Might also try using "NTI" from www.ntius.com
    Same thing basically without the hassles and it works.

    Richard, Sep 29, 2003
  4. wh

    MudBone Guest

    wh wrote:
    > My copy of roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator Version 6 has been wasting
    > discs right and left, so I downloaded
    >
    > engine_v6.1.1.7.exe in hopes that would fix the problem.
    >
    > Immediately got this message: "The path of the executable is not in
    > the registry." What am I expected to do? The roxio website is
    > useless. Thanks.

    Sorry I don't have an answer for you wh, this is more of a suggestion
    and reply to the others who have replied in a negative way towards Roxio. I
    have been using Roxio since version 3 with absolutely no problems, *none*,
    *nada*, *never* *ever*, but I have *bought* *the* *retail* *versions* of
    each. I currently use Roxio Easy CD/DVD creator platinum version 6.1.1.17
    and will soon be *purchasing* the version of Roxio Toast Titanium. My
    opinion is that the trouble lies in using the trial versions of software in
    that I believe that these trial versions are buggy as hell. I have *never*
    tried Nero so no comment on it one way or the other except from what I have
    heard it isn't very user friendly.

    MudBone, Sep 30, 2003
  5. wh

    Steve Guest

    "MudBone" <> wrote in message
    > wh wrote:
    > > My copy of roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator Version 6 has been wasting
    > > discs right and left, so I downloaded
    > >
    > > engine_v6.1.1.7.exe in hopes that would fix the problem.
    > >
    > > Immediately got this message: "The path of the executable is not in
    > > the registry." What am I expected to do? The roxio website is
    > > useless. Thanks.

    > Sorry I don't have an answer for you wh, this is more of a suggestion
    > and reply to the others who have replied in a negative way towards Roxio.

    > have been using Roxio since version 3 with absolutely no problems, *none*,
    > *nada*, *never* *ever*, but I have *bought* *the* *retail* *versions* of
    > each. I currently use Roxio Easy CD/DVD creator platinum version 6.1.1.17
    > and will soon be *purchasing* the version of Roxio Toast Titanium. My
    > opinion is that the trouble lies in using the trial versions of software

    in
    > that I believe that these trial versions are buggy as hell. I have *never*
    > tried Nero so no comment on it one way or the other except from what I

    have
    > heard it isn't very user friendly.

    I have used both Roxio and Nero (both full retail legit versions) I gave up
    on Roxio at about version 5 due to instability and lack of tech. support and
    have used Nero happily ever since. As to user friendlyness, no problem with
    Nero, it is different to Roxio, so if that is what you are familiar with,
    then Nero may take a bit of getting used to.
    Wasted CD's may not actually be down to the software, my old Yamaha CDRW
    started wasting disks shortly before it died - direct CD (packet writing)
    was the first to go, then intermittent read errors, then write errors, and
    finally complete demise. It hadn't even reached its second birthday, poor
    thing :(
    At least CDRW's are cheap now and my Lite-On 24x10x40 is still chucking out
    perfect disks (almost) every time (except for when I accidently switched off
    the burn proof setting)

    ---

    Steve, Oct 1, 2003