    When I saw the actual exam questions I thought I was sitting the wrong exam!
    It was tough going, being so unprepared, I thought.

    Which book or which prep test exams should I use ?

    JC, Jan 23, 2006

  2. JC

    kpg Guest

    JC <> said something like

    > I took 70-291 today and failed. Got 635. I studied like a
    > fool. I used Fravo test exams and the CertGuide book.

    Next time, don't study like a fool.

    kpg, Jan 23, 2006

  3. JC

    Lasher Guest

    You stupid cheating a$$fusker. You deserve what you got cheating. Go rot
    and study with real material and don't try and cheat your way through this
    time.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP 110010

    Lasher, Jan 24, 2006
  4. JC wrote:
    > I took 70-291 today and failed. Got 635. I studied like a fool. I used
    > Fravo test exams and the CertGuide book.
    >
    > When I saw the actual exam questions I thought I was sitting the wrong exam!
    > It was tough going, being so unprepared, I thought.
    >
    > Which book or which prep test exams should I use ?

    I think that Lasher summed this up the best. So, I'm going to give you
    some links to some excellent training material.

    http://www.microsoft.com/virtualpc
    http://www.microsoft.com/virtualserver (These two are for the
    assumption that you don't have a lot of computers to make a network with).

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver (For a few evaluation copies of
    Windows Server 2003 R2)

    Now for the important ones..

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=br_ss_hs/102-9867888-6178502?search-alias=aps&keywords=70-291
    (Search results for 70-291 at amazon)

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-291.asp (should be obvious)

    http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/5433.asp (You'll find this at
    amazon also)

    http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/6469.asp (This is at amazon also)

    Now.. Here's something to think about. You spent some $$$ on the cheat
    tools, then spent about $100 or so to fail the test. So, spend the $$$
    on these books and products, and then spend the $100 or so on the test.
    You may be surprised.

    And, next time when you prepare for the next exam, remember how
    wonderfully you did using the cheat tools. Then, go to Microsoft and
    the different book ordering sites, and get the right things. It will be
    money well spent. Simply because, you can't use the cheat sheets as
    reference later on when you have an issue come up. You can with these
    books and tools.

    --
    Patrick Dickey <>
    http://www.pats-computer-solutions.com

    Patrick Dickey, Jan 24, 2006
  5. JC

    Ben Smith Guest

    In article <dr35ec$21k$>, ess
    says...
    > I took 70-291 today and failed. Got 635. I studied like a fool. I used
    > Fravo test exams and the CertGuide book.
    >
    > When I saw the actual exam questions I thought I was sitting the wrong exam!
    > It was tough going, being so unprepared, I thought.
    >
    > Which book or which prep test exams should I use ?

    Take a look at the exam outline on the web site. Think about which area
    of the test gave you the most trouble and cross reference the outline.

    Ben Smith, Jan 24, 2006
  6. JC

    Ben Smith Guest

    In article <Xns9754BFF81CABDlashertokenid@207.46.248.16>,
    says...
    > Subject: Re: Wasn't prepared for 70-291!
    > From: Lasher <>
    > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >
    > You stupid cheating a$$fusker. You deserve what you got cheating. Go rot
    > and study with real material and don't try and cheat your way through this
    > time.

    Be nice. JC did ask for a book, which presumably he/she was going to
    study from.

    Ben Smith, Jan 24, 2006
  7. JC

    Lasher Guest

    Ben,

    Reference Fravo and CertGuide and you'll find they're br@indump sites. I
    do agree with your next post though. Go get an MSPress box set or
    something.

    Ben Smith <> wrote in

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP 110010

    Lasher, Jan 24, 2006
  8. JC

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Reference Fravo and CertGuide and you'll find they're br@indump sites.

    Maybe Ben & Co should look into this then?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 24, 2006
  9. JC

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
    > >Reference Fravo and CertGuide and you'll find they're br@indump sites.

    > Maybe Ben & Co should look into this then?

    <crickets.wav>

    Actually, that's not Ben's job.

    But the people that should be looking into it are busy with Vista right now.

    Frisbee®, Jan 24, 2006
  10. JC

    JaR Guest

    the plaintive wail of Frisbee®:

    >> Maybe Ben & Co should look into this then?

    > <crickets.wav>
    >
    > Actually, that's not Ben's job.
    >
    > But the people that should be looking into it are busy with Vista
    > right now.

    Or getting coffee and curry for the people that are busy with Vista.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110

    JaR, Jan 24, 2006
  11. JC

    Neil Guest

    did you hear JaR <> say in

    > Or getting coffee and curry for the people that are busy with Vista.

    shouldm't we be getting coffee too?

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP#30

    - Short Cut: The longest distance between two points.

    Neil, Jan 24, 2006
  12. JC

    JaR Guest

    plaintive wail of Neil:

    >> Or getting coffee and curry for the people that are busy with Vista.

    > shouldm't we be getting coffee too?

    Make mine black, please. No sugar.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110

    JaR, Jan 24, 2006
  13. JC

    kpg Guest

    Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> said something like

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\187350.htm (1/24/2006
    > 11:32:17 AM) # did you hear JaR <> say in
    >
    >> Or getting coffee and curry for the people that are busy with Vista.

    > shouldm't we be getting coffee too?

    Didn't I already read this thread?

    kpg, Jan 24, 2006
  14. JC

    Neil Guest

    did you hear kpg <ipost@thereforeiam> say in

    > Didn't I already read this thread?

    it could have been this month and STILL a thousand posts ago

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP#30

    - "I travel by motorcycle," said he triumphantly.

    Neil, Jan 24, 2006
  15. JC

    Neil Guest

    did you hear JaR <> say in

    > Echoed forth from the dank caverns of microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse,
    > the plaintive wail of Neil:
    >
    >>> Or getting coffee and curry for the people that are busy with Vista.

    >> shouldm't we be getting coffee too?

    > Make mine black, please. No sugar.

    $1.55. please drive through....

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP#30

    - Think of DOS as an apple, and OS/2 as trees of oranges...

    Neil, Jan 24, 2006
  16. JC

    JaR Guest

    plaintive wail of Neil:

    >> Make mine black, please. No sugar.
    >>

    > $1.55. please drive through....

    Hmmm....tastes weaker than I had imagined...

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110

    JaR, Jan 24, 2006
  17. JC

    Neil Guest

    did you hear JaR <> say in

    >> $1.55. please drive through....

    > Hmmm....tastes weaker than I had imagined...

    ijits, that's TEA!

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP#30

    - There are three stages to sex in a person's life: Tri Weekly, Try Weekly,
    and Try Weakly.

    Neil, Jan 24, 2006
  18. JC

    Ben Smith Guest

    In article <Xns97555C1CEA1FFTalleywhacker@207.46.248.16>,
    says...
    > Echoed forth from the dank caverns of microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse,
    > the plaintive wail of Frisbee®:
    >
    > >> Maybe Ben & Co should look into this then?

    > > <crickets.wav>
    > >
    > > Actually, that's not Ben's job.
    > >
    > > But the people that should be looking into it are busy with Vista
    > > right now.

    > Or getting coffee and curry for the people that are busy with Vista.

    Funny. I certainly could use someone to get me coffee.

    Ben Smith, Jan 25, 2006
  19. JC

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Ben Smith" <> wrote in message
    In article <Xns97555C1CEA1FFTalleywhacker@207.46.248.16>,
    says...
    > Echoed forth from the dank caverns of microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse,
    > the plaintive wail of Frisbee®:
    >
    > >> Maybe Ben & Co should look into this then?

    > > <crickets.wav>
    > >
    > > Actually, that's not Ben's job.
    > >
    > > But the people that should be looking into it are busy with Vista
    > > right now.

    > Or getting coffee and curry for the people that are busy with Vista.

    Funny. I certainly could use someone to get me coffee.

    PLZ 2 B READING ATTASHED RESUME

    RGS

    Frisbee®, Jan 25, 2006
  20. JC

    JaR Guest

    plaintive wail of Ben Smith:

    > Funny. I certainly could use someone to get me coffee.

    Ask the tctips guy. He's not doing anything at the moment.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110

    JaR, Jan 25, 2006