! Washington's Birthday Day Tip #2 : Savoir-Faire

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bucky Breeder, Feb 15, 2010.

  1. An American professor of Linguistics (NOT "linguini" the noodle; but,
    "linguistics" the study of what "noodle" really means in all those
    primitive languages who don't properly speak the American English yet...)
    met three staid members of L'Académie Française in Paris... and
    subsequently asked for *their* definition of "savoir-faire" to include in
    his modern tourists' translation dicitionary software.

    "Ahh, theez iz not deefeecult," the first one said, "Eef I go to home and
    find my young and beeuteeful wife een our bed entangled in the pazzun of
    the secckkkssing weeth another man; theen, I teep my beret to heem and say,
    'Pleeze excuse me.' -- *that* iz zee 'savoir-faire'!"

    "Not quite," said the second one, "Eef I go home and find my young and
    beeuteeful wife een our bed entangled in the pazzun of the secckkkssing
    weeth another man; theen, I teep my beret to heem and say 'Excuse me...'
    and theen I say 'but, pleaze continue,' -- *that* iz zee 'savoir-faire'."

    "No, no, no - not quite," perused the third one, fingering his goatee's
    handlebar mustache, "Eef I arrive at my home, proceed to zee boudoir to
    hang my red beret on zee beret-rack and deezcover my young, voluptuous and
    beeuteeful wife een our bed entangled in the pazzun of the secckkkssing
    weeth another man and I teep my beret, curtsey to theem and say 'Excuse me,
    but pleaze continue,'" - and theen *he* - *can* continue -- that *iz* zee
    'savoir-faire'!"

    HTH
    HAND
    LLF
    PTL
    WWJD
    NRA
    ADL
    AARP
    FEMA
    UNICEF

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ;
    and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER'

    My newest GF (she makes my emoticons drool) :

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifA1AQe_NF0

    Do-over without the Spanish accents? Pleasssseeee...:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C7caO19sB4

    Winter Olympics : WITHOUT steroids and iron-curtain
    sex change operations, it's just a ghaa-hay-snow-slide.

    You should not view the world in terms
    and finding acceptance of them as such.

    I could help you with that... but...
    I really just don't like you that much.

    Bucky Breeder, Feb 15, 2010

  2. Bucky Breeder

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-02-15, Bucky Breeder <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out> wrote:
    > An American professor of Linguistics (NOT "linguini" the noodle; but,
    > "linguistics" the study of what "noodle" really means in all those
    > primitive languages who don't properly speak the American English yet...)
    > met three staid members of L'Académie Française in Paris... and
    > subsequently asked for *their* definition of "savoir-faire" to include in
    > his modern tourists' translation dicitionary software.

    [...]

    Odd that the alledged francophones can't tell savoir faire from sang froid!

    Or were they demonstrating savoir faire by tricking the alledged professor
    into revealing his own abysmal ignorance?

    --
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Feb 15, 2010