Washing machine vibration

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Cub, Mar 20, 2007.

  1. Cub

    Cub Guest

    Hiya

    We have a Hotpoint front loader that seems to have developed excessive
    vibration during the spin cycle when a normal load is being washed.

    With no load and the machine set to spin at its max 1200 RPM the washer is
    fine.

    There is no excessive movement when you move the drum by hand so the
    bearings seem fine.

    The washer has an auto balance feature that I'm not sure how to check

    Anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot vibration probs ?

    Regards

    Cub

    Cub, Mar 20, 2007

  2. Cub

    Tab Guest

    "Cub" <> wrote in message
    > Hiya
    >
    > We have a Hotpoint front loader that seems to have developed excessive
    > vibration during the spin cycle when a normal load is being washed.
    >
    > With no load and the machine set to spin at its max 1200 RPM the washer is
    > fine.
    >
    > There is no excessive movement when you move the drum by hand so the
    > bearings seem fine.
    >
    > The washer has an auto balance feature that I'm not sure how to check
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot vibration probs ?
    >

    > Regards
    >

    > Cub

    Make sure it is standing on a level solid surface.

    Tab, Mar 20, 2007

  3. Tab wrote:
    > "Cub" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hiya
    >>
    >>We have a Hotpoint front loader that seems to have developed excessive
    >>vibration during the spin cycle when a normal load is being washed.
    >>
    >>With no load and the machine set to spin at its max 1200 RPM the washer is
    >>fine.
    >>
    >>There is no excessive movement when you move the drum by hand so the
    >>bearings seem fine.
    >>
    >>The washer has an auto balance feature that I'm not sure how to check
    >>
    >>Anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot vibration probs ?
    >>

    >>Regards
    >>

    >>Cub
    >>

    > Make sure it is standing on a level solid surface.

    Just reading between the lines of his post, I think he knows enough to
    do that.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 20, 2007
  4. Cub wrote:
    > Hiya
    >
    > We have a Hotpoint front loader that seems to have developed excessive
    > vibration during the spin cycle when a normal load is being washed.
    >
    > With no load and the machine set to spin at its max 1200 RPM the washer is
    > fine.
    >
    > There is no excessive movement when you move the drum by hand so the
    > bearings seem fine.
    >
    > The washer has an auto balance feature that I'm not sure how to check
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot vibration probs ?

    You may get a very good answer here, but there's experienced appliance
    repairmen hang out in news:alt.home.repair

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 20, 2007
  5. Cub

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:13:30 +0000, Cub wrote:

    > Hiya
    >
    > We have a Hotpoint front loader that seems to have developed excessive
    > vibration during the spin cycle when a normal load is being washed.
    >
    > With no load and the machine set to spin at its max 1200 RPM the washer is
    > fine.
    >
    > There is no excessive movement when you move the drum by hand so the
    > bearings seem fine.
    >
    > The washer has an auto balance feature that I'm not sure how to check
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot vibration probs ?
    >

    > Regards
    >

    > Cub

    Make sure the tub hasn't lost one of its suspension points or devices.

    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Mar 20, 2007
  6. Cub

    SteveW Guest

    On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:13:30 -0000, "Cub" <> wrote:

    >Hiya
    >
    >We have a Hotpoint front loader that seems to have developed excessive
    >vibration during the spin cycle when a normal load is being washed.
    >
    >With no load and the machine set to spin at its max 1200 RPM the washer is
    >fine.
    >
    >There is no excessive movement when you move the drum by hand so the
    >bearings seem fine.
    >
    >The washer has an auto balance feature that I'm not sure how to check
    >
    >Anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot vibration probs ?
    >

    >Regards

    Did you do a clean reboot ?
    --

    Steve

    SteveW, Mar 20, 2007
  7. Cub

    Fred Guest

    "Cub" <> wrote in message
    > Hiya
    >
    > We have a Hotpoint front loader that seems to have developed excessive
    > vibration during the spin cycle when a normal load is being washed.
    >
    > With no load and the machine set to spin at its max 1200 RPM the washer is
    > fine.
    >
    > There is no excessive movement when you move the drum by hand so the
    > bearings seem fine.
    >
    > The washer has an auto balance feature that I'm not sure how to check
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot vibration probs ?

    Could be a broken mounting inside cabinet.

    Fred, Mar 20, 2007
  8. Cub

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:13:30 +0000, Cub wrote:

    > Hiya
    >
    > We have a Hotpoint front loader that seems to have developed excessive
    > vibration during the spin cycle when a normal load is being washed.
    >
    > With no load and the machine set to spin at its max 1200 RPM the washer is
    > fine.
    >
    > There is no excessive movement when you move the drum by hand so the
    > bearings seem fine.
    >
    > The washer has an auto balance feature that I'm not sure how to check
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot vibration probs ?
    >

    > Regards
    >

    > Cub

    Probably the most expensive vibrator you'll ever buy for the wife.

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06

    Aardvark, Mar 20, 2007
  9. Cub

    Cub Guest

    "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:13:30 +0000, Cub wrote:
    >
    >> Hiya
    >>
    >> We have a Hotpoint front loader that seems to have developed excessive
    >> vibration during the spin cycle when a normal load is being washed.
    >>
    >> With no load and the machine set to spin at its max 1200 RPM the washer
    >> is
    >> fine.
    >>
    >> There is no excessive movement when you move the drum by hand so the
    >> bearings seem fine.
    >>
    >> The washer has an auto balance feature that I'm not sure how to check
    >>
    >> Anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot vibration probs ?
    >>

    >> Regards
    >>

    >> Cub

    > Probably the most expensive vibrator you'll ever buy for the wife.
    >
    > --
    > Registered Linux User 413057.
    > Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06
    > You can have it all. My empire of hurt.

    Come to think, she has been doing a lot of washing of late ...

    Cub, Mar 20, 2007
  10. Cub

    Jim S Guest

    On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 23:53:21 -0000, Cub wrote:

    > "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:13:30 +0000, Cub wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hiya
    >>>
    >>> We have a Hotpoint front loader that seems to have developed excessive
    >>> vibration during the spin cycle when a normal load is being washed.
    >>>
    >>> With no load and the machine set to spin at its max 1200 RPM the washer
    >>> is
    >>> fine.
    >>>
    >>> There is no excessive movement when you move the drum by hand so the
    >>> bearings seem fine.
    >>>
    >>> The washer has an auto balance feature that I'm not sure how to check
    >>>
    >>> Anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot vibration probs ?
    >>>

    >>> Regards
    >>>

    >>> Cub

    I had something similar. It was on of the two 'shock absorbers'. It was so
    old I had to buy a new one.
    --
    Jim S
    Tyneside UK

    Jim S, Mar 21, 2007
  11. Cub wrote:

    > We have a Hotpoint front loader that seems to have developed excessive
    > vibration during the spin cycle when a normal load is being washed.

    For the Oldtimers: "Man, that washing machine's vibrating like a
    drive!"

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups