    curiosity and an observation. I don't want Divx revived, I don't
    support Divx or other pay-to-use media, and I didn't support Divx when
    it was around.
    Matt Casey, May 14, 2009

  2. On Thu, 14 May 2009 10:55:21 -0700 (PDT), Matt Casey
    <> wrote:

    >..., there has to be competition in the marketplace.

    No options now, there HAS TO BE competition! Perhaps the government
    should file suit against all of those companies that did not choose to
    compete? That could include virtually all of the high-tech firms,
    plus all of the major supermarket chains. Only the porn industry
    could possibly elude prosecution.
    Richard Cranium, May 14, 2009

  3. Matt Casey

    Richard C. Guest

    "Matt Casey" <> wrote in message
    : Was it a violation of antitrust laws to kill the Divx format? If
    : I remember the antitrust laws correctly, there has to be competition
    : in the marketplace. Was it a violation of antitrust laws for Divx to
    : be killed by DVD? I think if Divx were revived or was launched now
    : instead of in the late 1990s, I believe the Obama administration would
    : force Divx to remain in production to compete with DVD. This is just
    : curiosity and an observation. I don't want Divx revived, I don't
    : support Divx or other pay-to-use media, and I didn't support Divx when
    : it was around.

    What a crock of shit!
    Richard C., May 14, 2009