  1. Smelly Feet

    Smelly Feet Guest

    Was Battlestar Galactica released today?
    Smelly Feet, Dec 29, 2004

  2. Smelly Feet

    Jordan Guest

    It's been out for a while, even the normal boxed edition.
    Jordan, Dec 29, 2004

  3. Smelly Feet

    Justin Guest

    Smelly Feet wrote on [Wed, 29 Dec 2004 00:06:37 GMT]:
    > Was Battlestar Galactica released today?

    The mini series, yes.
    Justin, Dec 29, 2004
  4. Smelly Feet

    Justin Guest

    Jordan wrote on [28 Dec 2004 16:14:49 -0800]:
    > It's been out for a while, even the normal boxed edition.

    The mini series hasn't
    Justin, Dec 29, 2004
  5. Smelly Feet

    Alan Figgatt Guest

    Jordan wrote:
    > It's been out for a while, even the normal boxed edition.

    I think the question is about the recent mini-series version shown on
    the Sci-Fi channel which was indeed released today. Since the original
    mini-series aired on Sci-FI about a year ago, I am somewhat surprised it
    was not out on DVD sooner. But they obviously delayed the release of the
    mini-series on DVD until they could tie it to the new series starting on
    Sci-Fi in mid January.

    Alan F
    Alan Figgatt, Dec 29, 2004
  6. In article <>, Alan Figgatt
    <> wrote:

    > Jordan wrote:
    > > It's been out for a while, even the normal boxed edition.

    > I think the question is about the recent mini-series version shown on
    > the Sci-Fi channel which was indeed released today.

    Actually, it's been on DVD for about 6 months.

    That is, of course, unless your DVD player is still region-crippled.

    Derek Balling, Dec 29, 2004
  7. Jordan wrote:

    > It's been out for a while, even the normal boxed edition.

    He means the--YEESH!!--cheapo Sci-Fi Channel version, that even its own
    star tried to warn fans out of watching.

    (Oh, brother: Sexy sweeps-week "Cylons"?...
    What is this, "V: the Series"??)

    Derek Janssen (and we thought the ORIGINAL was 70's!)
    Derek Janssen, Dec 29, 2004
  8. Smelly Feet

    Rclrk43 Guest

    In the latest issue on Cinescape magazine there is a full page ad to write to
    Glen Larson to bring back the original actors of Battlestar Galactia. If anyone
    is intrusted here is a link. http://www.colonialfanforce.org/
    Rclrk43, Dec 29, 2004
  9. Smelly Feet

    Jordan Guest

    Sorry, my confusion. I did pick it up last night and found it to be
    really pretty good. Well, despite having Mcauley Culkin as Starbuck.
    :^)

    I am kind of surprised that they present it without episode breaks, at
    least what I saw of the first side, it's just one continuous movie.
    - Jordan
    Jordan, Dec 29, 2004
  10. On 29 Dec 2004 05:38:27 GMT, Rclrk43 <> scribbled:
    > In the latest issue on Cinescape magazine there is a full page ad to write to
    > Glen Larson to bring back the original actors of Battlestar Galactia. If anyone
    > is intrusted here is a link. http://www.colonialfanforce.org/

    Richard Hatch appears an upcoming episode of the new series, by the
    way. Considering Hatch's disapproval of the whole idea of the new
    series, it is quite the reversal.
    Vincent J. Murphy, Dec 29, 2004
  11. Smelly Feet

    Justin Guest

    Jordan wrote on [29 Dec 2004 08:00:58 -0800]:
    > Sorry, my confusion. I did pick it up last night and found it to be
    > really pretty good. Well, despite having Mcauley Culkin as Starbuck.
    > :^)
    >
    > I am kind of surprised that they present it without episode breaks, at
    > least what I saw of the first side, it's just one continuous movie.

    It was just two two hour long shows.
    Justin, Dec 29, 2004
  12. Smelly Feet

    Justin Guest

    Vincent J. Murphy wrote on [Wed, 29 Dec 2004 10:25:02 -0600]:
    > On 29 Dec 2004 05:38:27 GMT, Rclrk43 <> scribbled:
    >> In the latest issue on Cinescape magazine there is a full page ad to write to
    >> Glen Larson to bring back the original actors of Battlestar Galactia. If anyone
    >> is intrusted here is a link. http://www.colonialfanforce.org/

    > Richard Hatch appears an upcoming episode of the new series, by the
    > way. Considering Hatch's disapproval of the whole idea of the new
    > series, it is quite the reversal.

    Yes he does. And he even speaks with the new Apollo
    Justin, Dec 29, 2004
  13. Smelly Feet

    Jordan Guest

    Justin wrote:
    > Jordan wrote on [29 Dec 2004 08:00:58 -0800]:
    > > Sorry, my confusion. I did pick it up last night and found it to be
    > > really pretty good. Well, despite having Mcauley Culkin as

    Starbuck.
    > > :^)
    > >
    > > I am kind of surprised that they present it without episode breaks,

    at
    > > least what I saw of the first side, it's just one continuous movie.

    > It was just two two hour long shows.

    Ah, that explains it then... I don't have cable so didn't see the
    original run. I thought "mini-series" in the traditional sense.
    - Jordan
    Jordan, Dec 29, 2004
  14. Smelly Feet

    Rclrk43 Guest

    >Vincent J. Murphy"
    >Wrote:
    >Richard Hatch appears an upcoming episode of the new series, by the
    >way. Considering Hatch's disapproval of the whole idea of the new
    >series, it is quite the reversal.

    That is strange why he would appear is the new one he so disapproves of? But I
    guess producers haven't been banging down his door for parts in anything. So he
    has to do what is necesary to earn some money.
    Rclrk43, Dec 29, 2004
  15. Smelly Feet

    Justin Guest

    Jordan wrote on [29 Dec 2004 09:32:34 -0800]:

    > Justin wrote:
    >> Jordan wrote on [29 Dec 2004 08:00:58 -0800]:
    >> > Sorry, my confusion. I did pick it up last night and found it to be
    >> > really pretty good. Well, despite having Mcauley Culkin as

    > Starbuck.
    >> > :^)
    >> >
    >> > I am kind of surprised that they present it without episode breaks,

    > at
    >> > least what I saw of the first side, it's just one continuous movie.

    >> It was just two two hour long shows.

    > Ah, that explains it then... I don't have cable so didn't see the
    > original run. I thought "mini-series" in the traditional sense.
    > - Jordan

    It was two episodes that had a continuing story. That seems to be a mini
    series to me.
    Justin, Dec 29, 2004
  16. Smelly Feet

    David Kehler Guest

    On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 20:50:30 -0800, Derek Janssen
    <> wrote:

    >Jordan wrote:
    >
    >> It's been out for a while, even the normal boxed edition.

    >He means the--YEESH!!--cheapo Sci-Fi Channel version, that even its own
    >star tried to warn fans out of watching.
    >
    >(Oh, brother: Sexy sweeps-week "Cylons"?...
    >What is this, "V: the Series"??)
    >
    >Derek Janssen (and we thought the ORIGINAL was 70's!)

    Fortunately, the people with open minds who are actually watching the
    new show almost universally agree that the new Battlestar Galactica is
    the best science fiction television series to come along in quite some
    time. At least since Firefly, anyways.

    David
    David Kehler, Dec 31, 2004
  17. Smelly Feet

    David Kehler Guest

    On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 13:52:41 -0800, Derek Janssen
    <> wrote:

    >David Kehler wrote:
    >>
    >>>He means the--YEESH!!--cheapo Sci-Fi Channel version, that even its own
    >>>star tried to warn fans out of watching.
    >>>
    >>>(Oh, brother: Sexy sweeps-week "Cylons"?...
    >>>What is this, "V: the Series"??)

    >> Fortunately, the people with open minds who are actually watching the
    >> new show almost universally agree that the new Battlestar Galactica is
    >> the best science fiction television series to come along in quite some
    >> time. At least since Firefly, anyways.

    >Quite an acheivement, since, IIRC, it's the ONLY sci-fi TV series to
    >come along since "Firefly"--
    >
    >At least, not including "Farscape", and of course, *nobody* liked
    >"Farscape"....
    >
    >Derek Janssen

    Firefly notwithstanding, the new Battlestar Galactica is at least on
    par with Deep Space Nine and actually holds its own quite nicely
    against other top dramatic series' on TV, today. Pretty good
    considering the source material that it's based on (the original
    Battlestar Galactica) was hardly more than a campy Star Wars ripoff
    that admittedly, I liked when I was a kid.

    David
    David Kehler, Dec 31, 2004
  18. Smelly Feet

    jayembee Guest

    Derek Janssen <> wrote:

    >> Fortunately, the people with open minds who are actually watching the
    >> new show almost universally agree that the new Battlestar Galactica is
    >> the best science fiction television series to come along in quite some
    >> time. At least since Firefly, anyways.

    > Quite an acheivement, since, IIRC, it's the ONLY sci-fi TV series to
    > come along since "Firefly"--

    At the very least, there's STARGATE: ATLANTIS and the Canadian series
    ReGENESIS. And CENTURY CITY.

    And THE DEAD ZONE, JEREMIAH, and ODYSSEY 5 just barely pre-date it.

    > At least, not including "Farscape" [...]

    FARSCAPE pre-dates FIREFLY by three and a half years.

    At any rate, I was mostly indifferent to the BSG mini-series, but most
    of the episodes so far of the on-going series have been terrific. And
    I suspect that when I watch the mini again, I'm probably going to like
    it better (just as the pilot & first season of BABYLON 5 improve with
    the weight of later seasons under them).

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Dec 31, 2004
  19. Smelly Feet

    Justin Guest

    Derek Janssen wrote on [Fri, 31 Dec 2004 13:52:41 -0800]:
    > David Kehler wrote:
    >>
    >>>He means the--YEESH!!--cheapo Sci-Fi Channel version, that even its own
    >>>star tried to warn fans out of watching.
    >>>
    >>>(Oh, brother: Sexy sweeps-week "Cylons"?...
    >>>What is this, "V: the Series"??)

    >> Fortunately, the people with open minds who are actually watching the
    >> new show almost universally agree that the new Battlestar Galactica is
    >> the best science fiction television series to come along in quite some
    >> time. At least since Firefly, anyways.

    > Quite an acheivement, since, IIRC, it's the ONLY sci-fi TV series to
    > come along since "Firefly"--

    Hmmm, Stargate: Atlantis, maybe more...? At least get some of your facts
    right

    > At least, not including "Farscape", and of course, *nobody* liked
    > "Farscape"....

    Yeah... there was certainly no fan support on that show
    Justin, Dec 31, 2004
  20. Smelly Feet

    Smelly Feet Guest

    "Smelly Feet" <> wrote in message
    > Was Battlestar Galactica released today?

    For any who were confused, yes I did mean the recent mini-series. I thought
    it was obvious since it was scheduled to be released that day. I asked
    because Netflix has it on "very long wait" already.
    Smelly Feet, Dec 31, 2004