    replacement, or have I got that wrong?

    I am about to return a monitor. All TasTech said in the email is "OK
    that's fine - you can return it to me."

    Nighthawk, Mar 20, 2008

  2. Nighthawk

    Charlie G Guest

    Nighthawk wrote:
    > I just want to be clear about what this is meant on TasTech's site:
    >
    > 3 Years Onsite Warranty (Courier Pickup/Return)
    >
    > I take it from this that TasTech should pay courier back to them and
    > replacement, or have I got that wrong?
    >
    > I am about to return a monitor. All TasTech said in the email is "OK
    > that's fine - you can return it to me."

    Seems evident to me - although I admit I've only had 15 years or so
    interpreting warranty claims - that they pay to have the product picked
    up by courier. Onsite must mean your site - so you don't have to send
    it to them. They then qualify that by saying courier pickup & return,
    so you can't force them to physically come to your site and do the repair.

    Anything else would be misleading.

    Charlie

    Charlie G, Mar 20, 2008

  3. Nighthawk

    thingy Guest

    Charlie G wrote:
    > Nighthawk wrote:
    >> I just want to be clear about what this is meant on TasTech's site:
    >> 3 Years Onsite Warranty (Courier Pickup/Return)
    >>
    >> I take it from this that TasTech should pay courier back to them and
    >> replacement, or have I got that wrong?
    >> I am about to return a monitor. All TasTech said in the email is "OK
    >> that's fine - you can return it to me."

    > Seems evident to me - although I admit I've only had 15 years or so
    > interpreting warranty claims - that they pay to have the product picked
    > up by courier. Onsite must mean your site - so you don't have to send
    > it to them. They then qualify that by saying courier pickup & return,
    > so you can't force them to physically come to your site and do the repair.
    >
    > Anything else would be misleading.
    >
    > Charlie

    I thought some manufacturers did on site for three years as std?
    viewsonic and philips? Dell seem to do so...depending on the area though.

    I would read tastec's warrantee as you pack it up, they collect it at
    their cost...

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Mar 20, 2008