    tia
    me
    --

    bassbag, Mar 10, 2008

  2. bassbag wrote:
    > Since WWW.bbc.co.uk has changed the layout of its webpage ,i get the page
    > taking ages to load and a firefox warning box that says
    > "A script on this page may be busy or it may have stopped responding.You
    > can stop the script now or you can continue to see if the script completes"
    > If i then click stop script the page loads.This doesnt seem to happen with
    > IE 6 ( i guess because i have "disable script debugging) ticked.How can i
    > do the same in firefox and stop the annoying delay opening the webpage?
    > tia
    > me

    nope, I don't get that message on the link you provided.
    Anyways, the script there talking about is javascript. Have
    you got that turned off? Also, try emptying the cache and
    the cookies, and see if that helps.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Mar 10, 2008

  3. bassbag

    AlanM Guest

    I just pasted your the BBC link into my Firefox browser. Three seconds
    to completely load. Obviously no help from this end, sorry.

    AlanM, Mar 11, 2008
  4. bassbag

    bassbag Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >bassbag wrote:
    >>Since WWW.bbc.co.uk has changed the layout of its webpage ,i get the page
    >>taking ages to load and a firefox warning box that says
    >>"A script on this page may be busy or it may have stopped responding.You
    >>can stop the script now or you can continue to see if the script
    >>completes"
    >>If i then click stop script the page loads.This doesnt seem to happen with
    >> IE 6 ( i guess because i have "disable script debugging) ticked.How can i do the same in firefox and stop the annoying delay opening the webpage?
    >>tia
    >>me

    >nope, I don't get that message on the link you provided. Anyways, the
    >script there talking about is javascript. Have you got that turned off?
    >Also, try emptying the cache and the cookies, and see if that helps.

    Hello..
    I have javascript turned on , and ive ive tried emptying the cache/cookies
    etc but i stiil get the message.Firefox error console brings this warning
    message up.

    Warning: Unknown property 'list-marker'. Declaration dropped.
    Source File: http://www.bbc.co.uk/home/beta/8.0/style/homepage.min.css
    Line: 1

    Is BBC homepage a beta now?.Not sure whats going on here other than IE6
    doesnt seem to have the problem.
    me

    bassbag, Mar 12, 2008
  5. bassbag

    bassbag Guest

    AlanM wrote:

    >I just pasted your the BBC link into my Firefox browser. Three seconds to
    >completely load. Obviously no help from this end, sorry.
    >
    >bassbag wrote:
    >>Since WWW.bbc.co.uk has changed the layout of its webpage ,i get the page
    >>taking ages to load and a firefox warning box that says
    >>"A script on this page may be busy or it may have stopped responding.You
    >>can stop the script now or you can continue to see if the script
    >>completes"
    >>If i then click stop script the page loads.This doesnt seem to happen
    >>with IE 6 ( i guess because i have "disable script debugging) ticked.How
    >>can i do the same in firefox and stop the annoying delay opening the
    >>webpage?
    >>tia
    >>me

    Thanks for checking.I guess its some configuration issue on my OS/browser.
    me

    bassbag, Mar 12, 2008
  6. bassbag wrote:
    > AlanM wrote:
    >
    >> I just pasted your the BBC link into my Firefox browser. Three seconds to
    >> completely load. Obviously no help from this end, sorry.
    >>
    >> bassbag wrote:
    >>> Since WWW.bbc.co.uk has changed the layout of its webpage ,i get the page
    >>> taking ages to load and a firefox warning box that says
    >>> "A script on this page may be busy or it may have stopped responding.You
    >>> can stop the script now or you can continue to see if the script
    >>> completes"
    >>> If i then click stop script the page loads.This doesnt seem to happen
    >>> with IE 6 ( i guess because i have "disable script debugging) ticked.How
    >>> can i do the same in firefox and stop the annoying delay opening the
    >>> webpage?
    >>> tia
    >>> me

    > Thanks for checking.I guess its some configuration issue on my OS/browser.
    > me

    what OS are you using? When I used to have win98, I used to
    get that message a lot. Now that I have xp I don't.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Mar 12, 2008
  7. bassbag

    Roger Hird Guest

    In article <fr9oqu$ljq$>,
    <> wrote:
    > > Thanks for checking.I guess its some configuration issue on my
    > > OS/browser. me
    > >

    > what OS are you using? When I used to have win98, I used to
    > get that message a lot. Now that I have xp I don't.

    I use Firefox 2.0.0.12 on XP - with up to date Java.

    I usually use http://news.bbc.co.uk/ for the Beeb and have no/never had
    any problems. But clicking the link from this to the home page (which has
    been radically redesigned since I last visited it some time ago) just now
    I got a delay and then a message about an unresponsive script. Clicking
    the box to stop the script I got through to the home page and was able to
    click to and fro between the home and news pages happily a couple of
    times.

    I then closed and reopened Firefox and typed in www.bbc.co.uk and it came
    up as one would expect.

    Any help?

    Ant help?

    --
    Roger Hird

    Website: http://roger.hird.orpheusweb.co.uk

    Roger Hird, Mar 13, 2008
  8. bassbag

    bassbag Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >bassbag wrote:
    >>AlanM wrote:
    >>
    >>>I just pasted your the BBC link into my Firefox browser. Three seconds to
    >>>completely load. Obviously no help from this end, sorry.

    >>Thanks for checking.I guess its some configuration issue on my OS/browser.
    >>me
    >>

    >what OS are you using? When I used to have win98, I used to get that
    >message a lot. Now that I have xp I don't.

    Im using w2k.Ive never had that message until the bbc site changed its
    layout recently.

    bassbag, Mar 13, 2008
  9. bassbag

    bassbag Guest

    Roger Hird wrote:

    >In article <fr9oqu$ljq$>,
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    ><> wrote:
    >>>Thanks for checking.I guess its some configuration issue on my
    >>>OS/browser. me
    >>>

    >>what OS are you using? When I used to have win98, I used to
    >>get that message a lot. Now that I have xp I don't.

    >I use Firefox 2.0.0.12 on XP - with up to date Java.
    >
    >I usually use http://news.bbc.co.uk/ for the Beeb and have no/never had
    >any problems. But clicking the link from this to the home page (which has
    >been radically redesigned since I last visited it some time ago) just now
    >I got a delay and then a message about an unresponsive script. Clicking
    >the box to stop the script I got through to the home page and was able to
    >click to and fro between the home and news pages happily a couple of
    >times.
    >
    >I then closed and reopened Firefox and typed in www.bbc.co.uk and it came
    >up as one would expect.
    >
    >Any help?
    >

    >Ant help?

    Mmm glad im not the only one.Its only since the site has been redesigned
    that im getting this problem.It seems to be intermittent and only at that
    site so far.

    bassbag, Mar 13, 2008
  10. bassbag

    Guest

    I have started seeing this lately on some other sites. Usually I
    choose not to stop the script, and all settled down. Thought it might
    be a delay introduced by internet security software on my machine,
    although it began under Norton Systemworks and continues under Avast.

    On 13 Mar 2008 22:38:01 GMT, "bassbag" <>
    wrote:

    >Roger Hird wrote:
    >
    >>In article <fr9oqu$ljq$>,
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    >>>>

    >>>what OS are you using? When I used to have win98, I used to
    >>>get that message a lot. Now that I have xp I don't.

    >>I use Firefox 2.0.0.12 on XP - with up to date Java.
    >>
    >>I usually use http://news.bbc.co.uk/ for the Beeb and have no/never had
    >>any problems. But clicking the link from this to the home page (which has
    >>been radically redesigned since I last visited it some time ago) just now
    >>I got a delay and then a message about an unresponsive script. Clicking
    >>the box to stop the script I got through to the home page and was able to
    >>click to and fro between the home and news pages happily a couple of
    >>times.
    >>
    >>I then closed and reopened Firefox and typed in www.bbc.co.uk and it came
    >>up as one would expect.
    >>
    >>Any help?
    >>

    >>Ant help?

    >Mmm glad im not the only one.Its only since the site has been redesigned
    >that im getting this problem.It seems to be intermittent and only at that
    >site so far.

    , Mar 14, 2008
  11. bassbag

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On 13 Mar 2008 22:36:41 GMT, in message <>,
    bassbag wrote:

    > Im using w2k.Ive never had that message until the bbc site changed its
    > layout recently.

    I've seen a couple of other cases where a site is redesigned and this
    error starts occurring -- but then the problem goes away in within a
    couple of weeks. I put it down to a few loose ends or rough edges in
    the site's new design which the site tidies up afterwards.

    I suggest that you do tell the site; the more people that do the more
    likely they are to do something (if it is what I guess).

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Ralph Fox, Mar 15, 2008