WARNING TO FILE SHARERS

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Lucas Tam, Apr 13, 2004.

  1. Lucas Tam

    Lucas Tam Guest

    I just heard in an irc channel that anyone using Winmx or Kazaa in the
    last 2 hours has been tagged by the RIAA for a lawsuit. If you don't
    believe it, check your Peer Guardian or Protowall logs after 9PM
    Pacific time and you will see.
    Lucas Tam, Apr 13, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Lucas Tam

    Theo Guest

    (Lucas Tam) wrote in
    news::

    > I just heard in an irc channel that anyone using Winmx or Kazaa in the
    > last 2 hours has been tagged by the RIAA for a lawsuit.


    troll....

    I would just loooooove to see them sue 10s of millions of people.
    Theo, Apr 13, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 23:13:54 -0700, Lucas Tam wrote:

    > I just heard in an irc channel that anyone using Winmx or Kazaa in the
    > last 2 hours has been tagged by the RIAA for a lawsuit. If you don't
    > believe it, check your Peer Guardian or Protowall logs after 9PM
    > Pacific time and you will see.


    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....stupid fucktard.

    --
    Michael Turner
    Email (ROT13)
    michael turner, Apr 13, 2004
    #3
  4. Lucas Tam

    ^^artnada^^ Guest

    Lucas Tam wrote:
    || I just heard in an irc channel that anyone using Winmx or Kazaa in the
    || last 2 hours has been tagged by the RIAA for a lawsuit. If you don't
    || believe it, check your Peer Guardian or Protowall logs after 9PM
    || Pacific time and you will see.

    I heard from a friends mate, who is closely related to some bloke that works
    near a music store that has a girl working behind the counter, that she
    knows some dewd who thinks he may have heard part of a conversation about
    some people who may have been file sharing, who have possibly been tagged by
    some person in the RIAA.

    However, I cannot substantiate this claim!

    But, if you listen carefully in the mp3's you downloaded yesterday, you may
    just hear some geezer in the background who knows an uncle who used to speak
    to a bus driver that took a bloke from the cd making factory at EMI, and he
    said that some time soon the RIAA the BPI may possibly actually get thier
    fat flabby arses into gear and actually give the music buying public cd's at
    a reasonable and sensible price. Unlike the extortionate rip off prices they
    are demanding at the moment!!

    OK :)
    ^^artnada^^, Apr 13, 2004
    #4
  5. Lucas Tam

    Mike Guest

    (Lucas Tam) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I just heard in an irc channel that anyone using Winmx or Kazaa in the
    > last 2 hours has been tagged by the RIAA for a lawsuit. If you don't
    > believe it, check your Peer Guardian or Protowall logs after 9PM
    > Pacific time and you will see.



    Rico Act--

    Section 1962(b) makes it unlawful for a person to acquire or maintain
    an interest in an enterprise through a pattern of racketeering
    activity. Section 1962(b) is perhaps the most difficult RICO claim to
    express in practical terms. A stereotypical violation of section
    1962(b) occurs when a victim business owner cannot make payments to a
    loan shark; upon default, the loan shark says: "you're either going to
    die or you're going to give me your business." Given the threat to
    this life, the victim transfers control of his business to the loan
    shark. Usually, the victim business owner remains the owner on paper
    but the loan shark controls the business and receives all income from
    the business. Thus, the loan shark has acquired and maintained
    interest or control over an enterprise (i.e. the business) through a
    pattern of racketeering (i.e., loan sharking and extortion).



    -- Does this sound like it applies to the RIAA?

    Mike http://www.mmeproductions.com
    Mike, Apr 13, 2004
    #5
  6. Lucas Tam

    Jeremy Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Rico Act--
    >
    > -- Does this sound like it applies to the RIAA?
    >



    No, because copyrighted intellectual property has become our country's
    single most profitable product. Our politicians over the past 30 years have
    shifted production of virtually everything overseas.

    We don't make cameras, televisions, vcrs, or shoes in the USA anymore.

    Do you remember that commercial from the International Ladies' Garment
    Workers Union, with the song, "Look For The Union Label?" When is the last
    time they ran THAT on television? The reason is because we make hardly any
    clothing here anymore.

    Sorry to be so sarcastic, but all that we have left is the "entertainment"
    business--and the government is going to protect them. (I seem to recall
    reading that they were contemplating extending the limits on the copyright
    laws, because Mickey Mouse's copyright was finally about to run out!).

    Ross Perot made an interesting observation a decade ago: one day, they will
    have sold us so much that we will not have any money left. And then they
    will own us.

    Again, sorry to be so sarcastic, but a growing amount of evidence suggests
    that entities like the RIAA will prevail. Imagine getting a huge fine, just
    for downloading a Michael Jackson tune! That speaks volumes about where our
    culture has gone.
    Jeremy, Apr 13, 2004
    #6
  7. On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 16:39:10 +0000, Jeremy wrote:

    >
    > "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> Rico Act--
    >>
    >> -- Does this sound like it applies to the RIAA?
    >>

    >
    >
    > No, because copyrighted intellectual property has become our country's
    > single most profitable product. Our politicians over the past 30 years have
    > shifted production of virtually everything overseas.
    >
    > We don't make cameras, televisions, vcrs, or shoes in the USA anymore.


    How's Detroit these days ? Your car industry must have taken a bit of a
    hammering.

    When I was last in the States, I rented a Dodge Neon car. A car which was
    advertized and sold in the United Kingdom as the Chrysler Neon, 'All
    American Car' or similar was the slogan.

    But when I look to find who actually owns Dodge and Chrysler at
    www.hoovers.com, I see:

    DaimlerChrysler AG
    Epplestrasse 225
    70546 Stuttgart, Germany

    Oops...

    --
    Michael Turner
    Email (ROT13)
    michael turner, Apr 13, 2004
    #7
  8. Lucas Tam

    Theo Guest

    "Jeremy" <> wrote in news:OIUec.5982$l75.5974
    @newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

    > Imagine getting a huge fine, just
    > for downloading a Michael Jackson tune!


    Anyone downloading a Jackson tune should be tarred and feathered. But thats
    another matter

    "fight cross posts!!!"
    Theo, Apr 13, 2004
    #8
  9. On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 17:59:52 +0100, michael turner wrote:

    > When I was last in the States, I rented a Dodge Neon car. A car which was
    > advertized and sold in the United Kingdom as the Chrysler Neon, 'All
    > American Car' or similar was the slogan.
    >
    > But when I look to find who actually owns Dodge and Chrysler at
    > www.hoovers.com, I see:
    >
    > DaimlerChrysler AG
    > Epplestrasse 225
    > 70546 Stuttgart, Germany
    >
    > Oops...


    PS.

    AFAIK there are no British owned major car manufacturers left. Even that
    supposedly most British of cars, the Rolls-Royce is in fact:

    Volkswagen AG
    Brieffach 1848-2
    38436 Wolfsburg, Germany

    I suppose there's always Ford and General Motors, both US owned, but who
    knows where their cars are made.

    --
    Michael Turner
    Email (ROT13)
    michael turner, Apr 13, 2004
    #9
  10. Lucas Tam

    Mike Guest

    "michael turner" <> wrote in message
    news:p...
    > On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 16:39:10 +0000, Jeremy wrote:
    >
    > >
    > > "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > > news:...
    > >> Rico Act--
    > >>
    > >> -- Does this sound like it applies to the RIAA?
    > >>

    > >
    > >
    > > No, because copyrighted intellectual property has become our country's
    > > single most profitable product. Our politicians over the past 30 years

    have
    > > shifted production of virtually everything overseas.
    > >
    > > We don't make cameras, televisions, vcrs, or shoes in the USA anymore.

    >
    > How's Detroit these days ? Your car industry must have taken a bit of a
    > hammering.
    >
    > When I was last in the States, I rented a Dodge Neon car. A car which was
    > advertized and sold in the United Kingdom as the Chrysler Neon, 'All
    > American Car' or similar was the slogan.
    >
    > But when I look to find who actually owns Dodge and Chrysler at
    > www.hoovers.com, I see:
    >
    > DaimlerChrysler AG
    > Epplestrasse 225
    > 70546 Stuttgart, Germany
    >
    > Oops...
    >
    > --
    > Michael Turner
    > Email (ROT13)
    >



    Okay. So what is your point?

    Mike http://www.mmeproductions.com
    Mike, Apr 13, 2004
    #10
  11. Lucas Tam

    Randy Guest

    Ford.........Canada and Mexico

    --
    All email has been scanned with NAV prior to being sent.
    Randy, Apr 13, 2004
    #11
  12. Lucas Tam

    ryanm Guest

    "Jeremy" <> wrote in message
    news:OIUec.5982$...
    >
    > Sorry to be so sarcastic, but all that we have left is the "entertainment"
    > business--and the government is going to protect them. (I seem to recall
    > reading that they were contemplating extending the limits on the copyright
    > laws, because Mickey Mouse's copyright was finally about to run out!).
    >

    You mean again. The term has already been extended for Mickey once,
    thanks to the large amount of lobby money Disney has at their disposal..

    ryanm
    ryanm, Apr 15, 2004
    #12
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Silverstrand

    Research: File-sharers big legal download spenders.

    Silverstrand, Jul 27, 2005, in forum: Front Page News
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    753
    Silverstrand
    Jul 27, 2005
  2. =?Utf-8?B?Um9k?=

    Firewall warning keeps coming up...

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9k?=, Jun 8, 2005, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    4,452
    kapil [MSFT]
    Jun 9, 2005
  3. Charles

    Warning: WARNING

    Charles, Aug 15, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    4,656
    =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=
    Aug 16, 2005
  4. zxcvar

    Converting JPG file ppt file [Powerpoint] file

    zxcvar, Nov 4, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    28,293
    TheMountain
    Jun 22, 2009
  5. Evan Platt

    Open File - Security Warning on Windows XP

    Evan Platt, Oct 25, 2008, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    16
    Views:
    1,018
    John Holmes
    Oct 26, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page