Warning on Subscribing Magazines at Magazine World

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by gjoeychan@gmail.com, Mar 7, 2006.

  1. Guest

    We believe that a majority of the users of this group are magazine
    subscriptions. So we have decided to post our thread ni this group.

    We are a group of 90+ victims around the world who were scammed by the
    fake online magazine suscription agency "Magazine World" which claimed
    themselves to be the biggest international magazine subscription agency

    with websites in 26 countries together with other fake
    information.(www.magazineworld.co.uk)

    Our members were scammed by Magazine World as early as September 2005
    when their website and service as a magazine subscription agency first
    launched. Their stradegy was carefully planned and each of our members'

    experience followed the same pattern-- we ordered for our issues,
    payment was processed and we all received our first issue on time and
    we never receive further copies. Their customer service can be
    contacted only by email and it was the same single person replying
    customer's mail from all of their "different" websites. They tell us
    all that the magazines were probably lost in the mail and they would
    look into the cases for us. We tried asking for phone contact and they
    would not give us with no reason given. We never received any further
    reply and we tried contacting them again by email, and they do not
    write back anymore.

    Luckily, we victims found each other on the Internet and shared our
    experience and realized that we were victims of the same trap. We tried

    gathering Magazine World's information on the internet in cached
    memories of different websites and sources from hosting service
    providers with much effort and realized, in shock, that this group of
    people appeared online as magazine subscription agencies using numerous

    different names and phone numbers in turn over the past years and have
    eventually arrived at this set up as this "international worldwide
    magazine subscription agency".

    We went on finding more proof and traces of Magazine World as a fraud
    than we can list out and we decided to officially file our complaints
    for legal assistance. We are currently in the process of getting our
    cases dealt with through the help from some of our members located in
    the local area of Magazine World in Australia. The local police and
    Internet Fraud Complaint Department in Australia are acknowledged of
    our situation and are trying to locate and contact Magazine World for
    us.

    We would like to post our disappointing and unhappy online experience
    here as we want to put a stop to the everyday increasing number of
    victims of the scam created by Magazine World around the world. The
    total amount involved in the fraud exceeded US$10,000 and is increasing

    everyday as new victims reach out to us for help. Please help by
    spreading this warning to your personal friends, family and online
    peers to prevent them from falling into this online magazine
    subscription trap.

    We will keep this forum posted with any update of the latest
    development of the investigation.

    Victims Association of the Magazine World Fraud

    Note: We have included the following magazine titles in our posting for
    a higher hit rate on search engines to maximize the exposure of our
    warning.

    Wired, Vanity Fair, O, The Oprah Magazine, Elle, Glamour, Golf
    Magazine, Guitar Player, Robb Report, National Geographic, Popular
    Mechanics, InStyle, Mens Health, Sports Illustrated, Maxim, Kite
    Boarding, Alternative Press, GQ, FHM, Penthouse, Foreign Policy,
    Popular Science

    , Mar 7, 2006

  2. AustinMN Guest

    wrote:
    > We believe that a majority of the users of this group are magazine
    > subscriptions.

    Troll-o-meter: 4.2 on the 10-point scale.

    > We will keep this forum posted with any update of the latest
    > development of the investigation.

    Please don't.

    Austin (knowing he's falling on deaf ears)

    AustinMN, Mar 7, 2006

  3. Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > We believe that a majority of the users of this group are magazine
    > subscriptions. So we have decided to post our thread ni this group.
    >
    > We are a group of 90+ victims around the world who were scammed by the
    > fake online magazine suscription agency "Magazine World" which claimed
    > themselves to be the biggest international magazine subscription agency
    >
    > with websites in 26 countries together with other fake
    > information.(www.magazineworld.co.uk)

    <wailing and gnashing of teeth snipped>

    Well. You ARE a bunch of dumb, sad losers! Why subscribe via an
    additional middleman, paying over the odds for a subscription?

    e.g. Amateur Photographer costs £95 via magazine world, but only £75
    direct. What's the point of paying £20 extra?

    Do you get a kick out of being ripped off?

    Why not use the website to find out what magazines are available then do
    a Google search for the publisher?

    Sheeesh!

    Stewy, Mar 13, 2006