Warning - MP3PRO plugin for Winamp screws AAC feeds

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Tester, Dec 21, 2006.

  1. Tester

    Tester Guest

    I was using an MP3PRO stream on Streamer (P2P stream client) and I was
    told I would improve the sound quality by setting up Streamer to use
    Winamp for output and installing Thomson's MP3PRO plugin in Winamp.

    The trouble is that MP3PRO takes over from the in_mp3 plugin included
    with Winamp and it doesn't know how to do AAC streams.

    So, if you try to do an AAC stream on a Winamp that has had MP3PRO
    installed everything works up to buffering and then it just sticks.

    (You can get a free plugin that does AAC on Windows Media player but
    it requires that you change the http:// to icyx://. in the stream
    URL.)

    Finally, i googled a suggestion on a web board that I just uninstall
    MP3PRO. I didn't have to go that far - I just configured MP3PRO and
    unchecked the first enable box.

    Tester, Dec 21, 2006