    your order from shipping. "

    What kind of store demands that it's customers don't
    contact them?

    Mobutu, Nov 30, 2003

  2. Mobutu

    Wade365 Guest

    I have had wonderful service from HiviZone.com when ordering HK DVDs... try
    them.

    Wade365, Nov 30, 2003

  3. Mobutu

    trancer Guest

    > What kind of store demands that it's customers don't
    > contact them?

    I ordered from HKFLIX in the past, it took them close to 2 weeks to ship
    something supposably 'in-stock' according to their website.

    I think its good that they say 'dont contact us', because bensonsworld only
    contact you 3-4 days after you email them with replies like "Even though you
    emailed us close to a week ago requesting a cancellation, we just shipped it
    30 minutes ago to piss you off"

    trancer, Nov 30, 2003
  4. Mobutu

    Mobutu Guest

    Wade365 wrote:

    > I have had wonderful service from HiviZone.com when ordering HK DVDs... try
    > them.

    I know about them, and www.dddhouse.com is also good. HKflix was the only place
    that had the dvd I was looking for in this instance.

    Mobutu, Nov 30, 2003
  5. Mobutu

    Me Guest

    I had a similar experience with Bensons. Never again.

    Me, Nov 30, 2003
  6. Mobutu

    Shaun Guest

    heh, i had an order at dvdboxoffice and was on back order for around 10
    months, i emailed them to cancel and wow... i get an email an hour or so
    after sending the email to say its been shipped :/

    Shaun, Nov 30, 2003
  7. Mobutu

    marcel Guest

    "Shaun" <> wrote in message
    > heh, i had an order at dvdboxoffice and was on back order for around 10
    > months, i emailed them to cancel and wow... i get an email an hour or so
    > after sending the email to say its been shipped :/
    >
    > "Me" <> wrote in message
    > > I had a similar experience with Bensons. Never again.
    > >

    > > "trancer" <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > I ordered from HKFLIX in the past, it took them close to 2 weeks to

    ship
    > > > something supposably 'in-stock' according to their website.
    > > >
    > > > I think its good that they say 'dont contact us', because bensonsworld

    > > only
    > > > contact you 3-4 days after you email them with replies like "Even

    though
    > > you
    > > > emailed us close to a week ago requesting a cancellation, we just

    > shipped
    > > it
    > > > 30 minutes ago to piss you off"

    I'm still waiting on an order placed with HKFlix a few weeks ago, but I've
    emailed them and at least had a response saying they are waiting on stock
    and stating a timescale for the delivery. Whether the stock turns up is
    another matter....

    Good luck!

    Marcel

    marcel, Nov 30, 2003
  8. "marcel" <> wrote in message

    > I'm still waiting on an order placed with HKFlix a few weeks ago, but I've
    > emailed them and at least had a response saying they are waiting on stock
    > and stating a timescale for the delivery. Whether the stock turns up is
    > another matter....

    Ha, I think I might 'cancel' my 9 October order with them to see if that
    speeds them up.

    Kevin Hendrikssen, Nov 30, 2003
  9. Mobutu

    Wade365 Guest

    << I know about them, and www.dddhouse.com is also good. HKflix was the only
    place
    that had the dvd I was looking for in this instance. >>

    What movie, just out of curiosity? I was looking for "Uzumaki" a few weeks ago
    and it suddenly just turned up on HiviZone like they had been reading my mind.

    Just curious.

    Wade365, Nov 30, 2003
  10. Mobutu

    Mobutu Guest

    Wade365 wrote:

    > << I know about them, and www.dddhouse.com is also good. HKflix was the only
    > place
    > that had the dvd I was looking for in this instance. >>
    >
    > What movie, just out of curiosity? I was looking for "Uzumaki" a few weeks ago
    > and it suddenly just turned up on HiviZone like they had been reading my mind.
    >
    > Just curious.

    I was looking for a Taiwanese movie called Yi Yi, on the Korean R3 disc. There is
    a HK R3 of this movie, but it must be terrible (a three hour movie on the single
    layer dvd).

    There are Korean stores but I can't use the sites because of the language.

    Mobutu, Dec 1, 2003
  11. Mobutu

    Wade365 Guest

    << I was looking for a Taiwanese movie called Yi Yi, on the Korean R3 disc. >>

    YEP... sounds hard to find alright!!!

    Thanks, I always wonder what other people are ordering from Hong Kong... I have
    seen some really great movies since I got out of the Region-1 prison!

    Wade365, Dec 1, 2003
  12. Mobutu

    Mobutu Guest

    Mobutu wrote:

    > Has anyone recieved an order from these people recently? I
    > ordered something from them a month ago and have heard
    > nothing from them. Luckily they have not charged me yet.
    >
    > I would advise no-one to use this incompetent online
    > store. Their attitude is clearly visible in their order
    > confirmation email:
    >
    > "Please DO NOT contact us to request the status of
    > your order unless you urgently need to change something.
    > This will only delay
    > your order from shipping. "
    >
    > What kind of store demands that it's customers don't
    > contact them?

    Follow up -

    They now say they will ship my DVD in a few days time.

    Mobutu, Dec 6, 2003
  13. Mobutu

    Wade365 Guest

    << Follow up -

    They now say they will ship my DVD in a few days time. >>

    I've been watching this all the way... didn't someone say that cancelling an
    order makes this company ship it immediately? That's too funny that they're
    following suit... sorry you're having difficulty by the way... I know how it
    feels to have an order snafu... after two months of badgering amazon I finally
    got my money back from a third-party seller for an OOP copy of "Dog Soldiers"
    that never came (which has since been re-released, wooHOO! But the seller
    claimed to have shipped it, called me a liar... it got ugly).

    Hope it arrives without incident! And in the future, try Hivizone.com (I'm sure
    I jammed that info down your throat before)... they've been excellent to me!

    Wade365, Dec 6, 2003
  14. Mobutu

    marcel Guest

    "Mobutu" <> wrote in message
    > Mobutu wrote:
    >
    > > Has anyone recieved an order from these people recently? I
    > > ordered something from them a month ago and have heard
    > > nothing from them. Luckily they have not charged me yet.
    > >
    > > I would advise no-one to use this incompetent online
    > > store. Their attitude is clearly visible in their order
    > > confirmation email:
    > >
    > > "Please DO NOT contact us to request the status of
    > > your order unless you urgently need to change something.
    > > This will only delay
    > > your order from shipping. "
    > >
    > > What kind of store demands that it's customers don't
    > > contact them?

    > Follow up -
    >
    > They now say they will ship my DVD in a few days time.

    My follow up - they say the disc I ordered is still out of stock with their
    supplier - I've since cancelled my order...

    marcel, Dec 6, 2003
  15. "marcel" <> wrote in message

    > My follow up - they say the disc I ordered is still out of stock with

    their
    > supplier - I've since cancelled my order...

    After waiting for ever, making an enquiry which got no response, and waiting
    even longer, I cancelled my order with them and got an automated response
    saying I'd hear from them within two days -- and still never got a response.

    I was kinda hoping the cancellation would spur them into shipping my order,
    unfortunately not.

    These guys truly suck. How hard could it possibly be to ship a single DVD?

    Kevin Hendrikssen, Dec 6, 2003
  16. "marcel" <> wrote in message

    > "Kevin Hendrikssen" <> wrote in message

    > > These guys truly suck. How hard could it possibly be to ship a single

    DVD?

    > It's a shame as they have some great stuff on their site that I haven't

    seen
    > elsewhere...

    I know... I ordered UROTSUKIDOJI: PERFECT COLLECTION from them because the
    price was good ($US29.95 for the 2 disc set) and better because it's
    apparantly the totally uncut version, unlike the European release and -- I
    believe -- the R4 release.

    <sigh>

    Kevin Hendrikssen, Dec 6, 2003
  17. Mobutu

    marcel Guest

    marcel, Dec 6, 2003
  18. Mobutu

    ruffbean

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Does anyone have a phone number to contact HKflix? Like others, I am waiting on an order that hasn't shown up.

    ruffbean, Dec 7, 2009