WARNING - HANDLE DVDs WITH CAUTION

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by listitem45y@consumerprotection.org, Jan 23, 2004.

  1. Guest

    WARNING - HANDLE DVDs WITH CAUTION

    DVDs are manufactured using a radioactive isotope, which is instantly
    fatal, if contacted in it's raw form. All DVDs currently on the
    market emit radiation and toxic chemicals that can and will cause
    cancer, and other health issues, and possibly even death.

    Proper DVD handling and use is extremely important, and must be
    followed exactly as stated in this article. Under no circumstances
    should you ever touch or contact a DVD with the naked skin. Never
    allow a DVD to play inside an unventilated area, which means they MUST
    never be played indoors. Always play DVDs outdoors, and run a wire
    indoors to your tv. Never look into a DVD under sunlight. Never
    allow a DVD to contact food or cooking utinsels. Never allow a DVD to
    come in contact with any clothing, fabrics, furniture, or other
    objects that you will contact with your skin. DVDs must be stored
    outdoors, and away from children and pets. ALways label your DVD
    container, with the words "CAUTION DVD DISKS". When you purchase a
    DVD (not recommended), do not put it into the interior of you vehicle,
    place it in the trunk ONLY. Do not smoke anywhere near a DVD, and
    never allow a pregnant woman within 1000 feet of any DVDs.

    However, the worst toxins are emitted while "burning" a DVD. Never
    burn a DVD indoors, do so only outdoors, and only with a fan blowing
    the vapors downwind from yourself. Never burn a DVD when the
    temperature is above 50 degrees, and never in sunlight under any
    circumstances.

    It can take as little as one quarter hour to cause severe and
    permanent bodily damage to yourself, or another, if you allow yourself
    or others to be exposed to a DVD disk used improperly. Intentional
    exposure to another person can result in legal consequences.

    Anyone disposing of a DVD *MUST* wrap it in an approved, air tight
    container, as listed in the federal bulletin #602c282.304 section 88F.
    After placing the DVD into the approved container, they *MUST* be
    disposed in accordance to the federal law as stated in the article
    above. Violations are subject to fine, and/or imprisonment.

    If you feel you have been improperly exposed to a DVD, within the past
    year, contact your local poison control center immediately, for
    information and further assistance.

    Currently several insurance corporations are working toward banning
    DVDs entirely. Some in the industry are recommending replacing your
    DVD collections with Video Cassettes, and properly disposing of all
    DVDs.

    Sincerely,
    Consumer Protection
    , Jan 23, 2004

  2. Brian Guest

    Smoking DVD's can be dangous to your health <grin>.

    Will accourting to this warning we should all be dead by now.

    Regards Brian

    Brian, Jan 23, 2004

  3. tom Guest

    LOL BULLSHIT!!!!

    tom, Jan 23, 2004
  4. Black Locust Guest

    Ugh. Not this crap again. The trolls must be running out of ideas.
    --
    BL
    Black Locust, Jan 23, 2004
  5. wrote:
    > WARNING - HANDLE DVDs WITH CAUTION

    WARNING - AVOID REPETITION OF USENET POSTS

    On older, non-plasma computer screens, the bombardment of electrons in
    the same patterns over extended and repeated periods of time can produce
    harmful effects on both the life of the screen, and any radiation
    absorbed by the desk user.
    Therefore, in the interest of safe computing, it is highly recommended
    NOT to repeatedly post the exact same troll gag in excess of once a
    year--Or, for the sake of safety, to *change* the identical wording from
    posting to posting at nominal intervals, so as to avoid any harmful
    effects the unchanging repetition may produce.

    Derek Janssen (remember, Safety and Originality First!)
    Derek Janssen, Jan 23, 2004
  6. Rich Guest

    I wonder if this is the same guy who posted the "DVD is a satanic acronym"
    missive last year.

    Rich, Jan 23, 2004
  7. Justin Guest

    Brian wrote on [Fri, 23 Jan 2004 21:39:00 +1300]:
    > Smoking DVD's can be dangous to your health <grin>.

    As can top posting and quoting the entire article
    Justin, Jan 23, 2004
  8. Richard C. Guest

    :
    : DVDs are manufactured using a radioactive isotope, which is instantly
    : fatal, if contacted in it's raw form. All DVDs currently on the
    : market emit radiation and toxic chemicals that can and will cause
    : cancer, and other health issues, and possibly even death.
    : <<<<<<<<<<<snip>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    =======================================

    Just wrap yourself in aluminum foil..............
    Richard C., Jan 23, 2004
  9. DarkMatter Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 01:58:50 -0600,
    Gave us:

    >WARNING - HANDLE DVDs WITH CAUTION
    >
    >DVDs are manufactured using a radioactive isotope, which is instantly
    >fatal, if contacted in it's raw form. All DVDs currently on the
    >market emit radiation and toxic chemicals that can and will cause
    >cancer, and other health issues, and possibly even death.

    You're a goddamned retarded trolling dipshit!

    Snipped retarded baby bullshit!

    Take a hike, retard boy!
    DarkMatter, Jan 23, 2004
  10. DarkMatter Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:46:56 +1100, "tom" <> Gave us:

    >LOL BULLSHIT!!!!

    So, your RETARDED ass needed to re-quote the entire 56 lines of
    bullshit, just to add your own?

    Look dipshit, you are a poster child for why top posting, and top
    posters are retarded twits on Usenet.

    Bone up on the forums in which you interlope your lame, non
    conformal wussy ass into.
    DarkMatter, Jan 23, 2004
  11. DarkMatter Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 03:03:00 -0600, Black Locust <>
    Gave us:

    >Ugh. Not this crap again. The trolls must be running out of ideas.

    It sounds like the same retard that was telling us all that it was a
    venereal disease.
    DarkMatter, Jan 23, 2004
  12. DarkMatter Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 05:15:37 -0800, Derek Janssen <>
    Gave us:

    > wrote:
    >> WARNING - HANDLE DVDs WITH CAUTION
    >>

    >WARNING - AVOID REPETITION OF USENET POSTS
    >
    >On older, non-plasma computer screens, the bombardment of electrons in
    >the same patterns over extended and repeated periods of time can produce
    >harmful effects on both the life of the screen, and any radiation
    >absorbed by the desk user.

    You're a goddamned retarded twit!

    They radiate the same regardless of the content being displayed.

    >Therefore, in the interest of safe computing, it is highly recommended
    >NOT to repeatedly post the exact same troll gag in excess of once a
    >year--Or, for the sake of safety, to *change* the identical wording from
    >posting to posting at nominal intervals, so as to avoid any harmful
    >effects the unchanging repetition may produce.

    Your idea of a fucking joke is just as lame as the original post
    was.

    You are neither safe or original.
    DarkMatter, Jan 23, 2004
  13. DarkMatter Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 14:35:31 GMT, Justin <> Gave
    us:

    >Brian wrote on [Fri, 23 Jan 2004 21:39:00 +1300]:
    >> Smoking DVD's can be dangous to your health <grin>.
    >>

    >As can top posting and quoting the entire article

    I wish. If we could legally kill these retarded Usenet asswipes,
    the forum might return to some modicum of normalcy.
    DarkMatter, Jan 23, 2004
  14. Will Dormann Guest

    wrote:

    > WARNING - HANDLE DVDs WITH CAUTION
    >
    > DVDs are manufactured using a radioactive isotope, which is instantly
    > fatal, if contacted in it's raw form.

    Bad grammar and threat of catastrophic results, all in the first
    sentence. It's gotta be true!

    -WD
    Will Dormann, Jan 23, 2004
  15. tom Guest

    Fuckoff you dirty piece of shit.

    tom, Jan 23, 2004
  16. Maverick Guest

    wrote:

    >WARNING - HANDLE DVDs WITH CAUTION

    >DVDs are manufactured using a radioactive
    > isotope, which is instantly fatal, if contacted in it's
    > raw form. All DVDs currently on the market emit
    > radiation and toxic chemicals that can and will
    > cause cancer, and other health issues, and
    > possibly even death.

    Is this for real? Why hasn't this been announced in the news? This is
    very disturbing, if true.
    Maverick, Jan 23, 2004
  17. Richard C. Guest

    "tom" <> wrote in message
    : Fuckoff you dirty piece of shit.

    ==============
    What makes you think he is dirty?
    ==============
    :
    :
    : "DarkMatter" <> wrote in message
    : news:...
    : > On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:46:56 +1100, "tom" <> Gave us:
    : >
    : > >LOL BULLSHIT!!!!
    : >
    : >
    Richard C., Jan 23, 2004
  18. Richard C. Guest

    "Maverick" <> wrote in message
    : wrote:
    :
    : >WARNING - HANDLE DVDs WITH CAUTION
    :
    : >DVDs are manufactured using a radioactive
    : > isotope, which is instantly fatal, if contacted in it's
    : > raw form. All DVDs currently on the market emit
    : > radiation and toxic chemicals that can and will
    : > cause cancer, and other health issues, and
    : > possibly even death.
    :
    : Is this for real? Why hasn't this been announced in the news? This is
    : very disturbing, if true.
    :
    Of COURSE it is for real.......
    You read it on the internet, didn't you?
    Richard C., Jan 23, 2004
  19. Today is not April 1...

    Michael Rogers, Jan 23, 2004
  20. Gabriel Guest