Warning for iSkoot users - excessive mobile charges can be incurred

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Paul Clarke, Sep 14, 2007.

  1. Paul Clarke

    Paul Clarke Guest

    iSkoot users are warned that it is possible to incur unexpectedly high
    phone charges if there is an error in iSkoot's database.

    I've had a mobile bill which includes approx. £34 for calls to a +97 number.

    Traced this to calls made on one particular day via iSkoot, which caused my
    mobile to ring a non-UK phone number as part of the calling process (which
    makes it possible to use Skype on a mobile).

    Previous calls have used a UK number which is within my 'inclusive minutes'
    but it appears that an error in the iSkoot system accidentally changed this
    to a +97 number, with disastrous consequences for my financial wellbeing!!

    Has anybody experienced similar problems? Compensation?

    Email correspondence with iSkoot below:

    " Just used the service and horrified to discover that the phone number used
    was code 97 and not a uk number as usual. Cost me 34 ukp - about 50 dollars!
    What has good wrong?"

    "What is your SkypeID?"

    "(ID supplied)"

    " Hello. There was an error in the way your phone number was entered into
    our database. We have manually corrected it and you should only reach a UK
    access number now. Please verify that this is the case.
    Sorry for the inconvenience!"

    "Many thanks. However what about the fact that I've been charged 34 uk
    pounds by my mobile phone company? This outweighs any savings I'm ever
    likely to make by using iskoot for the foreseeable future! Any way of
    obtaining a refund? Many thanks for your attention."

    (I'm still awaiting a reply to the last point)!!!

    (end of email correspondence)

    I just thought others might be interested in this.

    --
    Paul
    Paul Clarke, Sep 14, 2007