    Replacing the Wall pack might be a bit harder, as its 7.5v at 1 amp.

    This Wall pack was about 10-11 months old but the chap had no invoice for it
    as it was brought by some one else..

    CSE, Apr 25, 2005

  2. Re: WARNING: DSE 4 Port Router XH1151

    In article <>, "Hank" <> wrote:
    >Haha, my one of these developed a fault over the weekend. Any device
    >plugged into any one of the ports would drop on and off the network
    >every second or so.
    >
    >Brought it about 13 months ago so no warranty for me :( $100 down the
    >drain. Was ok though when it worked.

    Take it back. Has to last a "reasonable" time ... worth a try :)

    Bruce

    -------------------------------------
    - George Bernard Shaw
    - Ambrose Bierce

    (if there were any)

    Hank, Apr 26, 2005
  4. CSE

    Hank Guest

    Re: WARNING: DSE 4 Port Router XH1151

    Yes I think I might give it a try at the local DSE and see if they'll
    replace it. Still got the reciept so can't hurt.

    Hank, Apr 26, 2005
  5. CSE

    CSE Guest

    On 25 Apr 2005 20:16:23 -0700, "Hank" <> wrote:

    >Haha, my one of these developed a fault over the weekend. Any device
    >plugged into any one of the ports would drop on and off the network
    >every second or so.
    >
    >Brought it about 13 months ago so no warranty for me :( $100 down the
    >drain. Was ok though when it worked.
    >
    >Hank.

    No its not down the drain.

    This was the fault with this one, cut open the Power Pack and replaced the
    2200uf 16v cap, also updated the firmware to 2.03 Surecom one..

    This is why I posted the Warning..

    CSE, Apr 26, 2005
  6. CSE

    CSE Guest

    Re: WARNING: DSE 4 Port Router XH1151

    On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 02:26:34 GMT,
    z (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:

    >In article <>, "Hank" <> wrote:
    >>Haha, my one of these developed a fault over the weekend. Any device
    >>plugged into any one of the ports would drop on and off the network
    >>every second or so.
    >>
    >>Brought it about 13 months ago so no warranty for me :( $100 down the
    >>drain. Was ok though when it worked.

    >Take it back. Has to last a "reasonable" time ... worth a try :)
    >
    >Bruce
    >

    >-------------------------------------
    >The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
    >- George Bernard Shaw
    >Cynic, n: a blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be.
    >- Ambrose Bierce
    >
    >Caution ===== followups may have been changed to relevant groups
    >(if there were any)

    Bruce its just a small Elect Cap in the Power Supply (Wall pack), far to
    small, I fitted a much larger one 2200uf 16v, size I was refering to..

    The one that I have here was doing the same thing..

    CSE, Apr 26, 2005
  7. Re: WARNING: DSE 4 Port Router XH1151

    In article <>, "Hank" <> wrote:
    >Thanks. Did you find yours started playing up once the power pack
    >heated up? I've left mine powered off overnight and have just tried it
    >again just now and it appears to be working ok at the moment.
    >
    >Went to DSE, they told me to get lost, not interested in helping.

    If the local sales droid (or even the managing sales droid) refuses to help,
    write a letter to their head office. You may be pleasantly surprised :)

    Bruce

    -------------------------------------
    - George Bernard Shaw
    - Ambrose Bierce

    (if there were any)

    Hank, Apr 27, 2005
  9. CSE

    CSE Guest

    Re: WARNING: DSE 4 Port Router XH1151

    On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 01:27:52 GMT,
    z (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:

    >In article <>, "Hank" <> wrote:
    >>Thanks. Did you find yours started playing up once the power pack
    >>heated up? I've left mine powered off overnight and have just tried it
    >>again just now and it appears to be working ok at the moment.
    >>
    >>Went to DSE, they told me to get lost, not interested in helping.

    >If the local sales droid (or even the managing sales droid) refuses to help,
    >write a letter to their head office. You may be pleasantly surprised :)

    Just replace the 2200uf 16v cap at around $3 and stop wanking around..

    CSE, Apr 27, 2005
  10. CSE

    CSE Guest

    On 26 Apr 2005 19:03:43 -0700, "Hank" <> wrote:

    >Thanks. Did you find yours started playing up once the power pack
    >heated up? I've left mine powered off overnight and have just tried it
    >again just now and it appears to be working ok at the moment.
    >
    >Went to DSE, they told me to get lost, not interested in helping.

    Could be but was not my system, it belongs to a friend that I had installed
    for him.

    The connection kept going off and on all the time, the Fixed power pack now
    works great and have updated the firmware to the Surecom one..

    The Cap can go O/C when hot, just replace the 2200uf 16v cap, they cost about
    $3, they need long wires if the are large, but the one I fitter was about 20mm
    wide and some 20mm tall, plenty of room for the larger cap..

    Use a 25v one if you can't get a 16v one

    The original one is 10mm wide 25mm tall

    CSE, Apr 27, 2005
  11. CSE

    Hank Guest

    Re: WARNING: DSE 4 Port Router XH1151

    Im not too keen to start soldering at this stage. I feel DSE should
    come to the party and fix it for me. Im going to write to their head
    office and complain. Im in no rush since its been replaced already.

    Hank, Apr 27, 2005
  12. CSE

    CSE Guest

    On 26 Apr 2005 19:54:00 -0700, "Hank" <> wrote:

    >Im not too keen to start soldering at this stage. I feel DSE should
    >come to the party and fix it for me. Im going to write to their head
    >office and complain. Im in no rush since its been replaced already.

    I would point out its a known fault, I am a Tech and can back it up..

    CSE, Apr 27, 2005
  13. CSE

    CSE Guest

    Re: WARNING: DSE 4 Port Router XH1151

    On 26 Apr 2005 19:54:00 -0700, "Hank" <> wrote:

    >Im not too keen to start soldering at this stage. I feel DSE should
    >come to the party and fix it for me. Im going to write to their head
    >office and complain. Im in no rush since its been replaced already.

    If you get stuck I will fix it for Free you just pay the frieght..

    CSE, Apr 27, 2005