WARNING CSI Photo Web Site

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Beach Runner, Jul 23, 2006.

  1. Beach Runner

    Beach Runner Guest

    Do a Frugal search for SD700, and you will a great price offered
    by CSI Photo, (also called Camera City)

    I ordered one, and then they called me wanting to sell me triple priced
    memory and batteries. They said it didn't come with a charger or a
    basic
    battery. When you order it from this American Store, also called
    Camera City, they don't say it's an IPEX, not the American version
    and does not include the regular Cannon package.

    I cancelled the order.

    I then went to EBAY, bought a package from EBAY, the seller saying
    it was the American version, and included the battery, charger, memory
    and
    What was included.

    Thene, the seller of the same product sent me that freaking foreign
    stripped version.
    Incensed, I called back CSI and spoke with the same person that tried
    to sell me the overpriced assessories, so he dropped me.

    I then realized they both came from the same name of the dealer, the
    American package
    and that foreign, incomplete package. He said I was sent the wrong
    camera. Out of the
    kindness of my heart I said I'd send the wrong camera back to him.
    Still did not
    get my SD700. he said he'd send it when he received the foreign,
    stripped version
    back.

    I need that camera for various reasons, including a trip I'm taking
    next weekend.

    In Short, stay away from CSI.
    Beach Runner, Jul 23, 2006

  2. Beach Runner

    Hebee Jeebes Guest

    Well, that's what happens why try to buy on the cheap. Go with a good
    company and stay away from screw-bay and you should be fine. B & H is a good
    place to go.

    Hebee Jeebes, Jul 23, 2006

  3. Beach Runner

    Beach Runner Guest

    Hebee Jeebes wrote:
    > Well, that's what happens why try to buy on the cheap. Go with a good
    > company and stay away from screw-bay and you should be fine. B & H is a good
    > place to go.

    > "Beach Runner" <> wrote in message
    > > Do a Frugal search for SD700, and you will a great price offered
    > > by CSI Photo, (also called Camera City)
    > >
    > > I ordered one, and then they called me wanting to sell me triple priced
    > > memory and batteries. They said it didn't come with a charger or a
    > > basic
    > > battery. When you order it from this American Store, also called
    > > Camera City, they don't say it's an IPEX, not the American version
    > > and does not include the regular Cannon package.
    > >
    > > I cancelled the order.
    > >
    > > I then went to EBAY, bought a package from EBAY, the seller saying
    > > it was the American version, and included the battery, charger, memory
    > > and
    > > What was included.
    > >

    > > Thene, the seller of the same product sent me that freaking foreign
    > > stripped version.
    > > Incensed, I called back CSI and spoke with the same person that tried
    > > to sell me the overpriced assessories, so he dropped me.
    > >

    > > I then realized they both came from the same name of the dealer, the
    > > American package
    > > and that foreign, incomplete package. He said I was sent the wrong
    > > camera. Out of the
    > > kindness of my heart I said I'd send the wrong camera back to him.
    > > Still did not
    > > get my SD700. he said he'd send it when he received the foreign,
    > > stripped version
    > > back.
    > >
    > > I need that camera for various reasons, including a trip I'm taking
    > > next weekend.
    > >

    > > In Short, stay away from CSI.

    I've been using EBAY since the 90s. Here's my conclussion. I will
    continue
    to by from individuals, but no more stores or power sellers.
    Beach Runner, Jul 23, 2006
  4. Beach Runner

    Matt Clara Guest

    "Beach Runner" <> wrote in message
    <SNIP>
    >> > I need that camera for various reasons, including a trip I'm taking
    >> > next weekend.
    >> >

    >> > In Short, stay away from CSI.
    >> >

    > I've been using EBAY since the 90s. Here's my conclussion. I will
    > continue
    > to by from individuals, but no more stores or power sellers.

    There are a couple stores on there I've used that can be trusted, but you
    won't get any big breaks from them, because they can't go too low, not on
    new equipment, anyway.

    --
    Regards,
    Matt Clara
    Matt Clara, Jul 23, 2006
  5. Beach Runner

    Beach Runner Guest

    Matt Clara wrote:
    > "Beach Runner" <> wrote in message
    > <SNIP>

    > > I've been using EBAY since the 90s. Here's my conclussion. I will
    > > continue
    > > to by from individuals, but no more stores or power sellers.
    > >

    > There are a couple stores on there I've used that can be trusted, but you
    > won't get any big breaks from them, because they can't go too low, not on
    > new equipment, anyway.

    Actually, the company that tried to rip me off was CSI, also listed as
    Camera City.

    It was NOT an EBAY deal. Go ahead an google for SD700. They don't
    list that
    it is a foreign camera, lacking everything, and then wanting to charge
    astronomical
    prices to make the camera functional.

    Beach Runner, Jul 23, 2006
  6. Beach Runner

    DFS Guest

    > Actually, the company that tried to rip me off was CSI, also listed as
    > Camera City.
    >
    > It was NOT an EBAY deal. Go ahead an google for SD700. They don't
    > list that
    > it is a foreign camera, lacking everything, and then wanting to charge
    > astronomical
    > prices to make the camera functional.

    >> Regards,
    >> Matt Clara
    >> www.mattclara.com

    CCI Camera City has a resellerratings score of 0.73 They are located in
    Brooklyn.

    .... just a couple of things you might have considered before placing an
    order.

    Of course they lie cheat and steal. That, not camera sales is their
    business.

    ds
    DFS, Jul 24, 2006
  7. Beach Runner

    Beach Runner Guest

    DFS wrote:

    > > Actually, the company that tried to rip me off was CSI, also listed as
    > > Camera City.
    > >
    > > It was NOT an EBAY deal. Go ahead an google for SD700. They don't
    > > list that
    > > it is a foreign camera, lacking everything, and then wanting to charge
    > > astronomical
    > > prices to make the camera functional.

    > >> Regards,
    > >> Matt Clara
    > >> www.mattclara.com

    > CCI Camera City has a resellerratings score of 0.73 They are located in
    > Brooklyn.
    >
    > ... just a couple of things you might have considered before placing an
    > order.
    >
    > Of course they lie cheat and steal. That, not camera sales is their
    > business.
    >
    > ds

    Obviously. But where did you find that sellers rating?
    Beach Runner, Jul 25, 2006
  8. Beach Runner

    J. Clarke Guest

    Beach Runner wrote:

    > DFS wrote:
    >> >
    >> > Actually, the company that tried to rip me off was CSI, also listed as
    >> > Camera City.
    >> >
    >> > It was NOT an EBAY deal. Go ahead an google for SD700. They don't
    >> > list that
    >> > it is a foreign camera, lacking everything, and then wanting to charge
    >> > astronomical
    >> > prices to make the camera functional.

    >> CCI Camera City has a resellerratings score of 0.73 They are located in
    >> Brooklyn.
    >>
    >> ... just a couple of things you might have considered before placing an
    >> order.
    >>
    >> Of course they lie cheat and steal. That, not camera sales is their
    >> business.
    >>
    >> ds

    > Obviously. But where did you find that sellers rating?

    resellerratings. <http://www.resellerratings.com> Always check there
    before you buy online from an unfamiliar vendor. If they're brand new or
    super specialized they may not appear on that site, but if they've been in
    business for a while they will, and .73 is _spectacularly_ bad.

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate
    J. Clarke, Jul 26, 2006
  9. Beach Runner

    Annika1980 Guest

    Beach Runner wrote:

    > I've been using EBAY since the 90s. Here's my conclussion. I will
    > continue
    > to by from individuals, but no more stores or power sellers.

    And you'll continue to get ripped off. Stick with reputable dealers
    like B&H.
    Annika1980, Jul 26, 2006
  10. Beach Runner

    J. Clarke Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:

    > Beach Runner wrote:
    >>
    >> I've been using EBAY since the 90s. Here's my conclussion. I will
    >> continue
    >> to by from individuals, but no more stores or power sellers.

    > And you'll continue to get ripped off. Stick with reputable dealers
    > like B&H.

    Personally I've never been "ripped off" on ebay--generally I've gotten what
    was described. The trouble is that one must read the description very
    carefully.

    J. Clarke, Jul 26, 2006
  11. Beach Runner

    Beach Runner Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    > Beach Runner wrote:
    > >
    > > I've been using EBAY since the 90s. Here's my conclussion. I will
    > > continue
    > > to by from individuals, but no more stores or power sellers.

    > And you'll continue to get ripped off. Stick with reputable dealers
    > like B&H.

    Actually, this is kind of rare. I pay with ways for protection.
    Thought it was worth sharing. Thanks
    Beach Runner, Jul 26, 2006
  12. Beach Runner

    Beach Runner Guest

    Beach Runner wrote:
    > Annika1980 wrote:
    > > Beach Runner wrote:
    > > >
    > > > I've been using EBAY since the 90s. Here's my conclussion. I will
    > > > continue
    > > > to by from individuals, but no more stores or power sellers.

    > > And you'll continue to get ripped off. Stick with reputable dealers
    > > like B&H.

    > Actually, this is kind of rare. I pay with ways for protection.
    > Thought it was worth sharing. Thanks

    I note that on the tha reseller's page, CSI is gone, and Camera City
    is listed in Fruggle, but I didn't see them on the reseller's page.

    I bet this activity go their attention.
    Beach Runner, Jul 26, 2006
  13. Beach Runner

    Beach Runner Guest

    Beach Runner, Jul 26, 2006
  14. "J. Clarke" <> wrote in message
    SNIP
    > Personally I've never been "ripped off" on ebay--generally I've
    > gotten
    > what was described. The trouble is that one must read the
    > description
    > very carefully.

    That assumes the description was very accurate. I wouldn't make that
    assumption, unless I knew the author (or his/her physical location)

    Bart
    Bart van der Wolf, Jul 27, 2006
  15. Beach Runner

    J. Clarke Guest

    Bart van der Wolf wrote:

    > "J. Clarke" <> wrote in message
    > SNIP
    >> Personally I've never been "ripped off" on ebay--generally I've
    >> gotten
    >> what was described. The trouble is that one must read the
    >> description
    >> very carefully.

    > That assumes the description was very accurate. I wouldn't make that
    > assumption, unless I knew the author (or his/her physical location)

    That is why there is feedback.

    J. Clarke, Jul 27, 2006