    for checking account information and credit card information
    as well as PIN's.
    Do I even need to say, "DON'T DO IT!!!!"

    DudleyDumstuff, Jan 3, 2004

  2. DudleyDumstuff

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 03:47:54 GMT, "DudleyDumstuff" <> wrote:

    >There is a notice being e-mailed: AT&T Account Suspension
    >Notice It gives a link that you are supposed to go to ASAP.
    >When you click on the link, a LOG-IN page identical to
    >AT&T's appears but it is not in a secure environment! Type
    >in a ficticious username and password and see what they are
    >asking for! They have built a very official looking webpage
    >that even has working links to AT&T pages. They are asking
    >for checking account information and credit card information

    Why are they checking account information?

    >as well as PIN's.
    >Do I even need to say, "DON'T DO IT!!!!"

    -Barry
    ========

    Barry OGrady, Jan 3, 2004

  3. DudleyDumstuff

    TRADESMAN Guest

    Barry OGrady wrote:
    > On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 03:47:54 GMT, "DudleyDumstuff"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> There is a notice being e-mailed: AT&T Account Suspension
    >> Notice It gives a link that you are supposed to go to ASAP.
    >> When you click on the link, a LOG-IN page identical to
    >> AT&T's appears but it is not in a secure environment! Type
    >> in a ficticious username and password and see what they are
    >> asking for! They have built a very official looking webpage
    >> that even has working links to AT&T pages. They are asking
    >> for checking account information and credit card information

    > Why are they checking account information?

    Suck it and see.

    TRADESMAN, Jan 3, 2004
  4. Barry OGrady spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    <>
    > Why are they checking account information?

    They are not. It's a similar scam to the "We need to veryfy your Paypal
    account." scam. You give them the information that they ask, and they will
    become Barry OGrady, for instance...

    NOI

    Thund3rstruc_N0i, Jan 3, 2004
  5. Just for the sake of saying it and hoping it will help someone reading this
    message.By all means never give out any information to anyone,any company,
    or even the President of the USA over the internet asking for :

    1)Social security number
    2)Drivers license number
    3)checking account numbers
    4) Logins and passwords to anything

    Hopefully some else can add to the above.Identity theft is on the rise in
    the world and this is why its important not to give out these kind of things
    on the internet.

    Hopefully this helps..Happy New Year and be safe on the net! :)
    --
    Christech Company
    "Quality computer repair on the go"!

    REMOVE NOSPAM FROM EMAIL IF
    SENDING A EMAIL TO THIS ADDRESS

    jasonr@christech, Jan 3, 2004
  6. jasonr@christech spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and
    proclaimed in <YJAJb.8140$>

    > Just for the sake of saying it and hoping it will help someone reading
    > this message.By all means never give out any information to anyone,any
    > company, or even the President of the USA over the internet asking for :
    >
    > 1)Social security number
    > 2)Drivers license number
    > 3)checking account numbers
    > 4) Logins and passwords to anything
    >
    > Hopefully some else can add to the above.Identity theft is on the rise in
    > the world and this is why its important not to give out these kind of
    > things on the internet.
    >
    > Hopefully this helps..Happy New Year and be safe on the net! :)

    I would add:

    5) name
    6) personal information
    7) address

    but that's for other reasons... <G>

    NOI

    Thund3rstruc_N0i, Jan 3, 2004
  7. DudleyDumstuff

    anthonyberet Guest

    jasonr@christech wrote:
    > Just for the sake of saying it and hoping it will help someone
    > reading this message.By all means never give out any information to
    > anyone,any company, or even the President of the USA over the
    > internet asking for :
    >
    > 1)Social security number
    > 2)Drivers license number
    > 3)checking account numbers
    > 4) Logins and passwords to anything

    Well you have to give your logins and passwords sometimes...
    Just never do it from an unsolicted email -even if you follow a link to a
    website from the email.
    There is a recently-found weakness in Internet Explorer which allows the
    realistic faking of the address that shows in the address-bar, so watch out,
    that might not be your bank's server that you are logging into!

    Check out this demonstration, its quite frightening that the not-so-savvy
    could be exposed to this quite clever trick:
    http://www.zapthedingbat.com/security/ex01/vun1.htm

    --
    You can't email me at the moment.
    Do you use filesharing networks? If so, please visit my online poll:

    anthonyberet, Jan 3, 2004
  8. DudleyDumstuff

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 11:14:47 -0500, Thund3rstruc_N0i <> wrote:

    >jasonr@christech spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and
    >proclaimed in <YJAJb.8140$>
    >
    >> Just for the sake of saying it and hoping it will help someone reading
    >> this message.By all means never give out any information to anyone,any
    >> company, or even the President of the USA over the internet asking for :
    >>
    >> 1)Social security number
    >> 2)Drivers license number
    >> 3)checking account numbers
    >> 4) Logins and passwords to anything
    >>
    >> Hopefully some else can add to the above.Identity theft is on the rise in
    >> the world and this is why its important not to give out these kind of
    >> things on the internet.
    >>
    >> Hopefully this helps..Happy New Year and be safe on the net! :)

    > I would add:
    >
    >5) name
    >6) personal information
    >7) address
    >
    >but that's for other reasons... <G>
    >
    > NOI

    Your checking acount number is safe but never give out your cheque account number.

    -Barry
    ========

    Barry OGrady, Jan 8, 2004