Warning about exams

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Dave Girvitz, Jul 7, 2003.

  1. Dave Girvitz

    Dave Girvitz Guest

    I recently wrote 70-229 and had a bad experience. It turned out that next
    to my exam site was a language school. In the middle of the exam, one of
    their classes let out and promptly proceeded to make a ton of noise. I
    immediately complained to the administrator and the best that she could
    offer me was a set of ear plugs. As I find ear plugs a real irritant, I
    declined and forced my way through the exam. Needless to say, I failed. I
    complained again to the administrator and she advised me to contact VUE.
    After 2.5 weeks, I finally received a voucher to retake the exam. So,
    although I'm disgruntled, at least they were willing to make amends. With
    the voucher, however, I received the following note. Anyone writing exams
    should take heed:

    "Anytime during your exam, if you experience a problem that you feel is
    going to prevent you from completing the exam you should notify the Admin
    and request to have the exam rescheduled. Once you complete the exam, you
    are stating that you feel your concentration has not been broken and you can
    continue with the exam. Also it is not guaranteed that you will receive
    compensation. "

    Caveat Emptor...

    Good luck,
    Dave Girvitz, MCAD

    ---
    Dave Girvitz, Jul 7, 2003

  2. Dave Girvitz

    Michael Guest

    Thanks for sharing this info. I also heard from people before that some exam
    centers are pretty bad; like very old PC, bad mouse, monitors, etc...

    Michael, Jul 8, 2003