    Take a look -- you'll get the idea. And I must admit that if Olivia de
    Havilland is your typical American girl, I might be seeing you in
    person soon!
    anthony, Oct 3, 2003

  2. anthony

    damnfine Guest

    Did that make the slightest bit of sense to anyone at all?

    --
    /^\damnfine/^\
    "Bogart in 'Casablanca' was a people smuggler, discuss." - Bob Ellis
    damnfine, Oct 3, 2003

  3. On 2 Oct 2003 20:55:37 -0700, (anthony) wrote:

    >I've been asked many times what us aussies are really like.
    >In the past it's been a bit hard to describe. Now it's easy.
    >Warners in America have just released (I have it with me now, thanks
    >to Amazon) the classic movie The Adventures of Robin Hood, starring
    >one of Australia's favourite actors, Errol Flynn.
    >And I must say, when looking at him, that he is very representative of
    >us.
    >He's probably not quite as dashing or as good-looking as most of us,
    >which is why he had to piss off to America where the competition
    >wasn't as great.
    >Take a look -- you'll get the idea. And I must admit that if Olivia de
    >Havilland is your typical American girl, I might be seeing you in
    >person soon!

    Many of the aussies I've known, have been rather unattractive. You all just hang upside down there under like
    a bunch of bats, not really contributing much to anyone.

    Doc Speedbyrd
    Monsewer Byrd, Oct 3, 2003
  4. anthony

    Jeßus Guest

    I want some of whatever damnfine's using:

    : Did that make the slightest bit of sense to anyone at all?

    Hell no...

    --
    Jeßus
    Jeßus, Oct 3, 2003
  5. anthony

    doofus Guest

    "anthony" <> wrote in message
    > I've been asked many times what us aussies are really like.
    > one of Australia's favourite actors, Errol Flynn.
    > And I must say, when looking at him, that he is very representative of us.

    So we're all bisexual then?
    doofus, Oct 3, 2003
  6. anthony

    pjc Guest

    anthony wrote:

    > I've been asked many times what us aussies are really like.
    > In the past it's been a bit hard to describe. Now it's easy.
    > Warners in America have just released (I have it with me now, thanks
    > to Amazon) the classic movie The Adventures of Robin Hood, starring
    > one of Australia's favourite actors, Errol Flynn.
    > And I must say, when looking at him, that he is very representative of
    > us.

    Which part of him are you looking at?
    pjc, Oct 3, 2003
  7. no - most of us drive cars

    --

    New: "Musical Graffiti" - 100 MED-MODs (18 hours of music)
    http://www.angelfire.com/oz/med/

    The Unofficial Yes 2003 Australian Tour site:
    http://ozguitar.50megs.com/index.htm

    My main web-site:
    http://homepages.tig.com.au/~avanstar

    My mp3 site:
    http://www.mp3.com.au/AlexVanStarrex/

    My RealVideo site:
    http://www.geocities.com/~avanstar/index.html

    Alex Van Starrex, Oct 3, 2003
  8. anthony

    anthony Guest

    Well, I'm talking about the screen representation....
    It's called the Willing Suspension of Disbelief.
    anthony, Oct 3, 2003
  9. anthony

    Eric R. Guest

    (anthony) wrote in message

    > And I must say, when looking at him, that he is very representative of
    > us.

    I'm not so sure that's a good thing. I think you might be better off
    sticking with Mel Gibson.

    -Eric
    Eric R., Oct 3, 2003
  10. anthony

    Peter Briggs Guest

    damnfine <> wrote:

    > Did that make the slightest bit of sense to anyone at all?

    I'm glad you added that, as I was thinking exactly the same thing!
    Peter Briggs, Oct 3, 2003
  11. anthony

    Justin Guest

    Eric R. wrote on [3 Oct 2003 05:45:42 -0700]:
    > (anthony) wrote in message
    >
    >> And I must say, when looking at him, that he is very representative of
    >> us.

    > I'm not so sure that's a good thing. I think you might be better off
    > sticking with Mel Gibson.

    except he's a Yank
    Justin, Oct 3, 2003
  12. anthony

    Ted Guest

    All I can say is that I would never live anywhere but Australia. We have the
    best lifestyle and we don't go on with the bullshit that the yanks do. Thats
    the thing that worries me. The yanks are the most powerful nation(so they
    think) in the world and most of them are freaks. And to add to that, most
    americans I speak to absolutely love Australians, as do alot of other people
    from around the world that I speak to. we are going alright over here, never
    you mind. GO AUSSIES!!!! We are genuine human beings, we don't rave on with
    shite like the yanks do. Dont get me wrong, I love to support them in the
    wars and all but really, look at some of the freaks you see on Jerry
    Springer. Pleeeeeeeeeese!!!! Whats doing there????

    Ted, Oct 3, 2003
  13. anthony

    NJH Guest

    "Ted" <> wrote in message news:3f7d8b89$1@news1...
    > All I can say is that I would never live anywhere but Australia. We have

    the
    > best lifestyle and we don't go on with the bullshit that the yanks do.

    Thats
    > the thing that worries me. The yanks are the most powerful nation(so they
    > think) in the world and most of them are freaks. And to add to that, most
    > americans I speak to absolutely love Australians, as do alot of other

    people
    > from around the world that I speak to. we are going alright over here,

    never
    > you mind. GO AUSSIES!!!! We are genuine human beings, we don't rave on

    with
    > shite like the yanks do. Dont get me wrong, I love to support them in the
    > wars and all but really, look at some of the freaks you see on Jerry
    > Springer. Pleeeeeeeeeese!!!! Whats doing there????

    Jerry Springer is a freak SHOW, what else would you expect to see?

    If you imagine most Americans are like those you see on Springer, you
    seriously need a reality check. The show is designed for the welfare
    recipients who sit at home, watch TV all day, and relate to those kinds of
    people. Most Americans don't. There are 300 million of us here, remember,
    and that means we have all kinds.

    Neil
    NJH, Oct 3, 2003
  14. anthony

    Alias Guest

    > Did that make the slightest bit of sense to anyone at all?

    I dunno. Something about being gay.
    Alias, Oct 3, 2003
  15. You're a fucking moron. That's about as stupid as judging Australians
    by what we see in movies and television commercials. If we did, we'd
    assume you guys are all inbred retards.

    Personally, I think most people find Australians amusing because there
    are not enough of you to be dangerous.

    Richard Winston, Oct 3, 2003
  16. anthony

    luminos Guest

    Most Americans think Aussies say 'Cricky' all the time and act like the
    Crocodile Hunter or Crocodile Dundee. There is a romantic notion of the
    Australian rough ridin bloke, just as there is of American cowboys outside
    the US.

    Ted wrote a very stupid paragraph. I have been to Australia and it, and the
    people, wear thin very fast, e.g., Sydney is Los Angeles crossed with
    London.

    luminos, Oct 3, 2003
  17. "Alias" <> wrote in news:3f7dbd7d_1
    @news.iprimus.com.au:

    >> Did that make the slightest bit of sense to anyone at all?

    > I dunno. Something about being gay.

    Seen any American Robot Cars lately?

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.daily-reviews.com
    Aaron J. Bossig, Oct 3, 2003
  18. anthony

    Jeßus Guest

    I want some of whatever Ted's using:

    : We are genuine human beings, we don't rave on with shite
    : like the yanks do.

    You think so? I only wish that were still true...
    As much as I hate to say it I reckon all that stuff about 'Aussies' is no
    longer valid... that's all in the past now.
    We are becoming more and more like the yanks everyday. While this trend has
    been there for as long as I have been alive, in the past couple of years the
    pace of that trend has increased exponentially. Its a bit frightening.

    Sure, they may be pockets of the old Aussie (the 'genuine human' as you put
    it) still out there but in all our major centres, I think you'd have to
    admit that people like that are quite rare now.

    Jeßus, Oct 4, 2003
  19. anthony

    tom Guest

    I just spent 5 weeks in the US and while they certainly have some problems
    like very bad service in the shops. What I really noticed when I came back
    was that your typical young Aussie male is very aggressive (in Sydney
    anyway). You barely look sideways at some of them and you get a dirty look.

    I found people in NY city generally more friendly than in Sydney. The laid
    back Aussie attitude is long gone in Sydney.

    tom, Oct 4, 2003
  20. anthony

    Stan Brown Guest

    Stan Brown, Oct 4, 2003