Warner To Release 100-DVD Final Ultimate Complete Matrix Collection

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by discogail, Dec 13, 2004.

  1. discogail

    discogail Guest

    discogail, Dec 13, 2004

  2. discogail

    John Doe Guest

    John Doe, Dec 13, 2004

  3. discogail

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <PBlvd.11713$>,
    "John Doe" <> wrote:

    > I don't know why they bothered with the 10 disc set. The last 2 movies
    > sucked rotten eggs. Who would want to spend $89 on crap like that.

    People often say that about Alien 3 & 4 and yet the Quadrilogy exists
    anyway. Believe it or not, but some people do infact like the last 2
    Matrix flicks and wanted an elaborate set like this.

    BTW, you can get the set for about 50 bucks. Where did you pull that $89
    crap from?

    Black Locust, Dec 14, 2004
  4. discogail

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Black Locust wrote:
    > In article <PBlvd.11713$>,
    > "John Doe" <> wrote:
    >

    >>I don't know why they bothered with the 10 disc set. The last 2 movies
    >>sucked rotten eggs. Who would want to spend $89 on crap like that.

    > People often say that about Alien 3 & 4 and yet the Quadrilogy exists
    > anyway. Believe it or not, but some people do infact like the last 2
    > Matrix flicks and wanted an elaborate set like this.
    >
    > BTW, you can get the set for about 50 bucks. Where did you pull that $89
    > crap from?

    I'm betting that it will be like Schindler's list superdeluxe edition.
    In about a month when they have about a bazillion unsold copies it will
    come down to about 35 or 40 dollars.

    dick
    -- and since I already have the three movies and animatrix I may still
    not buy it.

    Dick Sidbury, Dec 14, 2004
  5. discogail

    John Doe Guest

    Best Buy, Circuit City, Etc.

    John

    John Doe, Dec 14, 2004
  6. discogail

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "John Doe" <> wrote in message
    >> BTW, you can get the set for about 50 bucks. Where did you pull that
    >> $89
    >> crap from?

    > Best Buy, Circuit City, Etc.

    Best Buy has the set marked at $58.99 and Circuit City $69.99.

    The MSRP is $79.92. No one is selling it for $89, unless you're talking
    about the version that comes with the Keanu Reeves bust, which is much
    more expensive.

    And please don't top-post. It's obnoxious.

    Joshua Zyber, Dec 14, 2004
  7. discogail

    John Doe Guest

    Not in store. Here in Santa Rosa, Ca it $89.99 in store. But, even at $60 it
    was too much. Movie 2 was ok, though I didn't like the to be continued
    part...too stupid. The third one was the real bomb. It could have ended much
    better. He didn't accomplish a damn thing in the end other than a temporary
    truce at best. The Matrix is still there, the machines are still in control
    and the whole stupid thing is just going happen over and over again. Really
    dumb ending. Neo should have had the power to wipe the machine from the face
    of the Earth. That I think is the ending people wanted to see. Humans even
    used as batteries still evolve so it would have fit in. We never did know
    really how long the people had been in the matrix or really how many times
    it had all happened before. It could have been millions of years. So it is
    possible that Neo evolved and would have had to the power to destroy the
    machines. He had power outside the matrix.

    Any ways...

    John

    John Doe, Dec 14, 2004
  8. discogail

    Video Flyer Guest

    Re: Warner To Release 100-DVD Final Ultimate Complete MatrixCollection

    On 12/14/04 6:35 AM, in article
    e6Bvd.3584$, "Joshua Zyber"
    <> wrote:

    > "John Doe" <> wrote in message
    >>> BTW, you can get the set for about 50 bucks. Where did you pull that
    >>> $89
    >>> crap from?

    >> Best Buy, Circuit City, Etc.

    > Best Buy has the set marked at $58.99 and Circuit City $69.99.
    >
    > The MSRP is $79.92. No one is selling it for $89, unless you're talking
    > about the version that comes with the Keanu Reeves bust, which is much
    > more expensive.
    >
    > And please don't top-post. It's obnoxious.

    Hmmm. Give me a minute - I'm certain I can come up with something more
    obnoxious than top-posting ;-)

    Seriously, though. This set could be priced at US$40....even US$30....and
    I'd still think it was too much. Then again, I'm not a fan. I AM a fan of
    Star Trek and I STILL won't pay for the season sets even when they're being
    discounted. Too much chaff to not enough wheat.

    I loved the first Matrix and bought it without a single pang of "should I or
    shouldn't I?" And I'll probably pick up the Animatrix sometime. Other than
    that, though....

    Neal

    Video Flyer, Dec 14, 2004
  9. discogail

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "John Doe" <> wrote in message
    > Not in store. Here in Santa Rosa, Ca it $89.99 in store.

    Yes, "in store". I bought the box set at Best Buy "in store" yesterday
    for $58.99. The MSRP is less than the $89.99 that you claim stores are
    charging. Stores don't charge more than the MSRP.

    Are you really "dvdguy2" using a new posting name?

    I will ask you again not to top-post. It is very obnoxious.

    Joshua Zyber, Dec 14, 2004
  10. discogail

    Joe S Guest

    Joshua Zyber wrote:

    > "John Doe" <> wrote in message
    > > Not in store. Here in Santa Rosa, Ca it $89.99 in store.

    > Yes, "in store". I bought the box set at Best Buy "in store" yesterday
    > for $58.99. The MSRP is less than the $89.99 that you claim stores are
    > charging. Stores don't charge more than the MSRP.
    >
    > Are you really "dvdguy2" using a new posting name?

    OMG I forgot about dvdguy2!!!!!! Did he just disappear, or did something
    fun happen?

    Joe

    Joe S, Dec 15, 2004
  11. Re: Warner To Release 100-DVD Final Ultimate Complete MatrixCollection

    "Video Flyer" <> wrote in message
    > On 12/14/04 6:35 AM, in article
    > e6Bvd.3584$, "Joshua Zyber"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > "John Doe" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Best Buy, Circuit City, Etc.

    > > Best Buy has the set marked at $58.99 and Circuit City $69.99.
    > >
    > > The MSRP is $79.92. No one is selling it for $89, unless you're talking
    > > about the version that comes with the Keanu Reeves bust, which is much
    > > more expensive.
    > >
    > > And please don't top-post. It's obnoxious.
    > >

    > Hmmm. Give me a minute - I'm certain I can come up with something more
    > obnoxious than top-posting ;-)
    >
    > Seriously, though. This set could be priced at US$40....even US$30....and
    > I'd still think it was too much. Then again, I'm not a fan. I AM a fan of
    > Star Trek and I STILL won't pay for the season sets even when they're

    being
    > discounted. Too much chaff to not enough wheat.
    >
    > I loved the first Matrix and bought it without a single pang of "should I

    or
    > shouldn't I?" And I'll probably pick up the Animatrix sometime. Other than
    > that, though....

    The Matrix in the box set has a new/better transfer with some fun new
    commentary track(one by to philosophy profs. and one by two film critics who
    didn't like the films) that I think are pretty amusing.

    As far as the animatrix goes, I'd give it a seven out of ten and worth the
    money.

    As for the last two films, you're on your own... =)
    jb

    ominousspiritous, Dec 15, 2004
  12. discogail

    jayembee Guest

    Joe S <> wrote:

    > OMG I forgot about dvdguy2!!!!!! Did he just disappear, or did something
    > fun happen?

    He resurfaced as "waterperson77". Every time enough time goes by that
    I think he might be gone for good, he pops up again, posts for about a
    week, and then disappears for another while.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Dec 15, 2004
  13. discogail

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <_8wvd.11812$>,
    "John Doe" <> wrote:

    > Best Buy, Circuit City, Etc.

    My ass. I saw it in Best Buy for $52.99 last week. Even the "Deluxe
    Edition"(or whatever it's called) with the Neo statue thing was selling
    under $89.

    Black Locust, Dec 16, 2004
  14. discogail

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Black Locust wrote:
    > In article <_8wvd.11812$>,
    > "John Doe" <> wrote:
    >

    >>Best Buy, Circuit City, Etc.

    > My ass. I saw it in Best Buy for $52.99 last week. Even the "Deluxe
    > Edition"(or whatever it's called) with the Neo statue thing was selling
    > under $89.
    >

    >>John

    At my best buy the "cheap" one was somewhere in the 50's (probably the
    52.99 that you saw but I don't remember.) But they did have two copies
    of the deluxe version and it was 89.99.

    dick
    -- they may still have several copies left

    Dick Sidbury, Dec 17, 2004