    snappers, did they ever specify if this includes their older titles? Because
    I have tons of Warners stuff where the cardboard cases are starting to look
    like discarded cheapo pirated piece of shit out of Bangkok

    alex crouvier, Sep 5, 2003

  2. alex crouvier

    Bobcancel Guest

    I have some of the oldest Warner bros. DVD titles in existence. I bought them
    in early 1997 during the period when the electronic companies were test
    marketing DVD technology in 7 U.S. cities (Dallas). They are all housed in the
    "dreaded" snapper cases and and I am looking at them right now. The look close
    to brand new. Not to make a big deal out of it, but isn't it possible that
    your over-stating the matter?
    Ken
    Dallas

    <<
    Since Warner announced its move to switch to keep cases from the dreaded

    Bobcancel, Sep 6, 2003

  3. alex crouvier

    Dunf Guest

    "Bobcancel" <> wrote in message
    > I have some of the oldest Warner bros. DVD titles in existence. I bought

    them
    > in early 1997 during the period when the electronic companies were test
    > marketing DVD technology in 7 U.S. cities (Dallas). They are all housed

    in the
    > "dreaded" snapper cases and and I am looking at them right now. The look

    close
    > to brand new. Not to make a big deal out of it, but isn't it possible

    that
    > your over-stating the matter?
    > Ken
    > Dallas
    >

    > <<
    > Since Warner announced its move to switch to keep cases from the dreaded
    > snappers, did they ever specify if this includes their older titles?

    Because
    > I have tons of Warners stuff where the cardboard cases are starting to

    look
    > like discarded cheapo pirated piece of shit out of Bangkok >>

    Same here. If stored properly, these snappers should look the same as when
    you bought them. Other than standing out on a shelf full of other dvds, WB
    probably figured that since the print quality (package printing quality) is
    better than with the keeper paper insert covers, that maybe a
    browser/purchaser will notice the WB discs as more distinct from the other
    studio product. WB also generally has a revolving or upright browser that
    displays their dvd's prominantly. Still, WB produced one of the very worst
    transfers in dvd history, the original One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.
    However, many of the other early WB transfers are quite good.

    Dunf, Sep 6, 2003