Warner Home Video Chat 2-26-2007 - Liberate the Mid-90s Golden Harvest Classics!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Erroneous Monk, Feb 26, 2007.

  1. As you may or may not know, Warner Bros. is sitting on around 170
    titles from Golden Harvest, films produced between the sale of most of
    their catalog to Star TV/Fortune Star and 1997/1998. They purchased
    the collection outright from Golden Harvest in 1999. They have since
    done absolutely nothing with the vast majority of the films, which rot
    away in the WB vaults as bootleggers get rich selling inferior quality
    copies of them. This includes films such as Tsui Hark's THE BLADE,
    Sammo Hung's BLADE OF FURY, the Milkyway Image (TRIAD ELECTION,
    BREAKING NEWS) production TOO MANY WAYS TO BE NO. 1, the fourth and
    fifth films in the ONCE UPON A TIME IN CHINA series, and around 166
    others productions from that period.

    Warner Home Video is having a chat tomorrow (2-26-07, 8 PM-11PM EST) in
    association with the Home Theater Forum (www.hometheaterforum.com), and
    this is probably the best chance we have at letting Warner Brothers
    know that there is a market for these titles - assuming that Warner
    Home Video is even aware that they have these titles... it's a big
    company, and the left hand doesn't always know what the right hand is
    doing - the home video people could genuinely not be aware they have
    these films. All the information needed to participate is at the
    following link...

    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/files/whvchat.html

    ....and I urge as many of you as possible to please participate if you can.

    -----

    Erroneous Monk
    "I'm sure that these are merely flattering exaggerations my friends
    have told you"

    Erroneous Monk, Feb 26, 2007

  2. Re: Warner Home Video Chat 2-26-2007 - Liberate the Mid-90s GoldenHarvest Classics!

    Erroneous Monk wrote:
    > Warner Home Video is having a chat tomorrow (2-26-07, 8 PM-11PM EST) in
    > association with the Home Theater Forum (www.hometheaterforum.com), and
    > this is probably the best chance we have at letting Warner Brothers know
    > that there is a market for these titles - assuming that Warner Home
    > Video is even aware that they have these titles... it's a big company,
    > and the left hand doesn't always know what the right hand is doing - the
    > home video people could genuinely not be aware they have these films.
    > All the information needed to participate is at the following link...
    >
    > http://www.hometheaterforum.com/files/whvchat.html
    >
    > ...and I urge as many of you as possible to please participate if you can.

    ....YOU ask about it--
    We're still trying to liberate "Huckleberry Hound, Vol. 2"

    Derek Janssen (slow sales, my @$$, they buried Vol. 1)

    Derek Janssen, Feb 26, 2007

  3. Erroneous Monk

    ggull Guest

    I didn't see your note until too late. Did you participate, ask the
    question? Any reply?

    ggull, Feb 28, 2007
  4. Re: Warner Home Video Chat 2-26-2007 - Liberate the Mid-90s GoldenHarvest Classics!

    ggull wrote:

    > I didn't see your note until too late. Did you participate, ask the
    > question? Any reply?

    The transcript's up at
    http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/022607htfchat.html , already
    asked, and a "We're working on it". Can neither confirm nor deny, etc.

    (Nothing on HD/Blu/Total policies apart from upcoming releases, and the
    TV shows and cartoons get their own chat later. Have to wait and ask
    about Huck then.)

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Feb 28, 2007
  5. Erroneous Monk