    either DVDSoon or DVDPacific. They've got individual titles, but they
    work out much dearer than buying by the set. Anyone know if Amazon has
    an exclusive on these box-sets?

    Anthony, Feb 9, 2005

  2. Anthony wrote:

    > Next month Warners is bringing out two great classics box sets --
    > Classic Musicals, From Broadway to Hollywood, which includes Easter
    > Parade, The Bandwagon and The Bells are Ringing,

    (And "Finian's Rainbow"--
    Okay, is it *really* as bad as retroactive history makes it out to
    be?...I always kinda liked it. And yes, Tommy Steele never had another
    hit in his career, but he deserved one break.)

    > and Classic Comedies,
    > which includes a new special edition of The Philadelphia Story, Stage
    > Door, To Be or Not to Be,

    Rent. Immediately. ESPECIALLY if you've never had any actual Jack
    Benny exposure--
    And no, the Mel Brooks version is not a "substitute". :)

    Derek Janssen (but yes, "The Horn Blows at Midnight" was pretty g-awful)

    Derek Janssen, Feb 9, 2005

  3. Anthony

    Bratboy Guest

    "Derek Janssen" <> wrote in message
    > Anthony wrote:
    >> and Classic Comedies,
    >> which includes a new special edition of The Philadelphia Story, Stage
    >> Door, To Be or Not to Be,

    > Rent. Immediately. ESPECIALLY if you've never had any actual Jack Benny
    > exposure--
    > And no, the Mel Brooks version is not a "substitute". :)
    >
    > Derek Janssen (but yes, "The Horn Blows at Midnight" was pretty g-awful)

    LOL, well the actual story is the same, personally I think the origonal
    movies humor was more refined whereas MB's is , to me more slapstick, but
    I also like Mel Brooks redition and want em both

    Bratboy, Feb 9, 2005
  4. Anthony

    P Pron Guest

    Anthony wrote:
    > Next month Warners is bringing out two great classics box sets --
    > Classic Musicals, From Broadway to Hollywood, which includes Easter
    > Parade, The Bandwagon and The Bells are Ringing, and Classic Comedies,
    > which includes a new special edition of The Philadelphia Story, Stage
    > Door, To Be or Not to Be, Dinner at Eight and Bringing Up Baby.
    >
    > These sets are shown on Amazon.com but there's no trace of them on
    > either DVDSoon or DVDPacific. They've got individual titles, but they
    > work out much dearer than buying by the set. Anyone know if Amazon has
    > an exclusive on these box-sets?

    DVDPacific have it listed as " Classic Musical Collection: Broadway To
    Hollywood" (they've forgotten the "s" at the end of "Musicals" that appears
    on the box....)
    http://www.dvdpacific.com/item.asp?ID=642978

    Haven't checked DVDSlow, as I'd like it before Christmas (2006....)

    paul

    P Pron, Feb 9, 2005
  5. Anthony

    Anthony Guest

    Don't forget though that DVDSoon only has delays on stock they have to
    back-order. Items ordered a couple of weeks before release-date
    usually arrive here in Australia about five days after Region One
    release.

    Anthony, Feb 10, 2005
  6. Anthony

    P Pron Guest

    Anthony wrote
    >>P Pron wrote:
    >>Haven't checked DVDSlow, as I'd like it before Christmas (2006....)
    >>
    >> paul

    >Don't forget though that DVDSoon only has delays on stock they have to
    > back-order. Items ordered a couple of weeks before release-date
    > usually arrive here in Australia about five days after Region One
    > release.

    I'm glad that's been your experience, and I agree that when they're good,
    they're very good but I've had lengthy delays on both pre-orders and back
    orders - and delayed or non-existent replies to email queries. There have
    been several lengthy threads about DVDSoonmaybe in recent weeks.

    paul

    P Pron, Feb 10, 2005