    it as well.

    I thought that this new transfer was to have been a 16x9 version.

    Anyone know?
    JohnW248, Oct 6, 2003

  2. JohnW248

    Scot Gardner Guest

    "JohnW248" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > What happend to the "new" transfer. The disc has the same letterboxed
    > transfer they used before (at least on the two I've been through) and
    > has MPEG noise in it as well.
    >
    > I thought that this new transfer was to have been a 16x9 version.
    >
    > Anyone know?

    Your question was asked and answered on October 5.

    There is no 16x9 Region 1 _Cabaret_.

    Warner lied.

    Even though the new box says that it is an "enhanced for widescreen TVs"
    Special Edition, it is actually the same old crappy, non-anamorphic
    version that was originally released in 1998.

    This is essentially the information that I put in my original response
    to your first question. The fact that nobody has challenged my original
    answer goes a long way toward verifying its accuracy.
    Scot Gardner, Oct 7, 2003