Warner Bros 2-Disc S.E.: Wish List?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by alex crouvier, Nov 25, 2003.

  1. OK, OK I have vices like everybody else:

    -Batman Returns (one of the most underrated comic book movie ever, and one
    of the most underrated Tim Burton flick, listen to Sam Hamm's lines, even
    Spider-Man is not this hip) The original is still a bloody good action movie
    and should deserve Warner's Special Edition treatment.

    -GoodFellas : newly struck negative, we will not accept this without
    Scorsese's commentary and De Niro screen tests!

    -Any Given Sunday: Ollie Stone's tribute to Sam Peckinpah pet theme: The
    Outdated Male Warrior. The current disc comes in flimsy cardboard piece of
    shit --GAWD!!! After JFK got the special ed. treatment, this one at least
    deserves another. Likewise for Olli'es other Warner's flicks: Natural Born
    Killers, Heaven & Earth. Boy I hope Universal got their act and do something
    abt Born on 4th July and Radio Talk

    -Insomnia (Al Pacino) : Keep the original Theatrical One-Sheet cover! This
    is one classic one-sheet!

    Others:
    McCabe & Mrs Miller
    Superman

    alex crouvier, Nov 25, 2003

  2. alex crouvier

    JR Guest

    Yeah i thought i was right

    Any Given Sunday (Special Edition Director's Cut) - Oliver Stone Collection
    (1999)

    $ 22.48

    a.. Studio: Warner Brothers Home Video

    a.. DVD Release Date: August 7, 2001

    a.. DVD Features:
    a.. Commentary by Oliver Stone

    b.. Commentary by Jamie Foxx

    c.. Theatrical trailer(s)

    d.. Behind-the-Scenes Documentary Full Contact: The Making of Any Given
    Sunday

    e.. Deleted/ Extended Scenes

    f.. 3 Music Videos Featuring Jamie Foxx and L.L. Cool J

    g.. Jamie Foxx Audition Tape and Screen Tests

    h.. Instant Replay Feature Allowing Direct Access to Game Action Scenes

    i.. Gag Reel

    j.. Football Montage

    k.. Widescreen anamorphic format

    l.. Number of discs: 2

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...1/102-1478420-0844925?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

    JR, Nov 25, 2003

  3. alex crouvier

    JONA99 Guest

    BADLANDS!

    JONA99, Nov 25, 2003
  4. alex crouvier

    anthony Guest

    Some of the best two-discers have been of the older Warner/RKO
    material.
    And I'm waiting for Billy Wilder's first-ever American movie, The
    Major and the Minor -- two discs with a worthwhile bio on Billy Wilder
    included.
    Superman: The Movie certainly deserves special treatment too.

    anthony, Nov 25, 2003
  5. On 25 Nov 2003, anthony wrote:

    > Some of the best two-discers have been of the older Warner/RKO
    > material.
    > And I'm waiting for Billy Wilder's first-ever American movie, The
    > Major and the Minor -- two discs with a worthwhile bio on Billy Wilder
    > included.

    Isn't that movie a Universal (or possibly Paramount-owned-by-Universal)
    title?

    swac

    Stephen Cooke, Nov 25, 2003
  6. alex crouvier

    MAGNUM7253 Guest

    I'd like to see Grumpy Old men and Grumpier Old Men get special edition
    treatment in the near future! Has anyone heard anything about this?

    MAGNUM7253, Nov 26, 2003
  7. From on top of The Wall I yelled "YOU! YES YOU MAGNUM7253
    <>! Stand still laddie. Oh, and which one is Pink?"
    > I'd like to see Grumpy Old men and Grumpier Old Men get special
    > edition treatment in the near future! Has anyone heard anything about
    > this?

    Not yet.... and if it ever does happen, they better do it right this time
    with their original 1.85:1 Widescreen format & 16:9 enhancement.
    No excuse considering my Laserdiscs are in their OAR.

    --
    Brian "Demolition Man" Little

    Brian \Demolition Man\ Little, Nov 26, 2003
  8. From on top of The Wall I yelled "YOU! YES YOU alex crouvier
    <>! Stand still laddie. Oh, and which one is Pink?"
    > OK, OK I have vices like everybody else:

    Here's a few that I would love to see:

    "2001: A Space Odyssey" - I would love to see a 2 disc SE done, the
    same transfer from the last disc would work just fine. Original trailers,
    deleted scenes (if they can be found), making of stuff, the interview with
    Arthur C. Clarke from the MGM DVD issue, new interviews with Clarke
    and others who worked on the film, a historic look at the impact that "2001"
    did documentry, etc etc etc..... I would buy that in a heartbeat. DTS sound
    is optional but would be nice (since I have seen it at a local cinema in DTS
    5.1).

    "Batman" - I know a lot of people are waiting on this one, and I'm one of
    them.
    Its good ole Jack who made this film entertaining. :)

    "Gone With The Wind" - I wouldn't mind seeing a new remaster done, and
    giving
    the movie itself the entire first disc or even spreading it out over two
    discs would
    be better. Dunno what they could do for extras tho......

    --
    Brian "Demolition Man" Little

    Brian \Demolition Man\ Little, Nov 26, 2003
  9. >"Gone With The Wind" - I wouldn't mind seeing a new remaster done, and
    >giving
    >the movie itself the entire first disc or even spreading it out over two
    >discs would
    >be better. Dunno what they could do for extras tho......

    The documentary released around 1989 was pretty good. Perhaps more in-depth
    stuff about costume design, cinematography, etc. Premiere footage, radio
    shows, poster/memorabilia gallery. American Masters aired a terrific
    documentary on Selznick. If two DVD-18s were included, all this stuff might
    fit.

    Remove "moc" to reply.

    Whoever says "Nothing is impossible" has never tried to slam a
    revolving door.
    - Willy Walker

    Sydney Assbasket, Nov 27, 2003
  10. From on top of The Wall I yelled "YOU! YES YOU Sydney Assbasket
    <>! Stand still laddie. Oh, and which one is Pink?"
    >> "Gone With The Wind" - I wouldn't mind seeing a new remaster done,
    >> and giving
    >> the movie itself the entire first disc or even spreading it out over
    >> two discs would
    >> be better. Dunno what they could do for extras tho......

    > The documentary released around 1989 was pretty good. Perhaps more
    > in-depth stuff about costume design, cinematography, etc. Premiere
    > footage, radio shows, poster/memorabilia gallery. American Masters
    > aired a terrific documentary on Selznick. If two DVD-18s were
    > included, all this stuff might fit.

    That stuff on DVD would be good, but I would prefer to have it spread
    out over four DVDs myself and in a storage case much like the LOTR
    extended boxsets are. I would be more than glad to own that set. :)

    --
    Brian "Demolition Man" Little

    Brian \Demolition Man\ Little, Nov 28, 2003
  11. alex crouvier

    Guest

    I would like to see the following Warner Scorcese titles released as 2
    disc special editions
    After Hours
    Goodfellas
    Mean Streets i think there is a special edition in Germany of this one
    and a few other Warner titles such as
    Dirty Dozen
    Road Warrior
    Shawshank Redemption
    Blade Runner
    Dirty Harry
    Bullitt

    , Nov 28, 2003
  12. >After Hours

    I dunno. It's a good movie and all but TWO discs?

    Vlvetmorning98, Nov 29, 2003