    will do this?

    Regards,

    Fred

    Fred Atkinson, Feb 20, 2005

  2. On 20.02.2005 19:08 Fred Atkinson wrote

    > I am looking for a ping utility that I can use to ping all the
    > devices on my network automatically. If my internal network ID is
    > 192.168.1.0, then I'd want it to ping each address on my network from
    > 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254 to see who's alive and who is not.
    >
    > Does anyone know a free or inexpensive shareware utility that
    > will do this?

    Have a look at fping (http://www.fping.com/)

    Arnold
    --
    Arnold Nipper, AN45

    Arnold Nipper, Feb 20, 2005

  3. Fred Atkinson

    Merv Guest

    Merv, Feb 20, 2005
  4. Fred Atkinson

    RobO Guest

    nmap can do the trick to
    nmap -v -sP 192.168.0.0/24

    Rob

    RobO, Feb 20, 2005
  5. Fred Atkinson

    Hansang Bae Guest

    Fred Atkinson wrote:

    > I am looking for a ping utility that I can use to ping all the
    > devices on my network automatically. If my internal network ID is
    > 192.168.1.0, then I'd want it to ping each address on my network from
    > 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254 to see who's alive and who is not.
    >
    > Does anyone know a free or inexpensive shareware utility that
    > will do this?

    Since you're using Forte agent..

    for /l %i in (1,1,254) do ping 192.168.1.%i

    Use %% in batch files.

    "help for" for more info.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Feb 20, 2005
  6. Fred Atkinson wrote:
    > I am looking for a ping utility that I can use to ping all the
    > devices on my network automatically. If my internal network ID is
    > 192.168.1.0, then I'd want it to ping each address on my network from
    > 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254 to see who's alive and who is not.
    >
    > Does anyone know a free or inexpensive shareware utility that
    > will do this?
    >
    > Regards,
    >

    > Fred

    Hi Fred

    On Windows I use Cyberkit (http://www.networkingfiles.com/PingFinger/CyberKit.htm). It's postcardware and brings a lot
    more usefull tools for network troubleshooting.

    Regards
    Roberto

    Roberto Giana, Feb 20, 2005
  7. Fred Atkinson

    Guest

    Hi,

    For Windows - I like superscan v3.0. I find V4.0 irritating.

    http://www.webattack.com/get/superscan.shtml
    seems to have V3.

    Does IP address scan using ping, port scan, name lookup (using Windows,
    not just DNS) configurable to do scan against port list (provided list
    or your own) or range. Not really fast but not too bad either for
    small-medium networks.

    V handy.

    , Feb 21, 2005