  1. Carl Elphick

    Carl Elphick Guest

    I see they have fixed it so it works properly with Mozilla Firefox :)

    Carl Elphick, Jun 26, 2004

  2. Carl Elphick

    Chris Hope Guest

    Carl Elphick wrote:

    > I see they have fixed it so it works properly with Mozilla Firefox :)

    They're using some extremely over-complex looking Javascript to run that
    menu system though. I use Konqueror and it still won't render the menu so
    the browser sniffing they use is still wrong. However, if I change it so
    Konqueror fools the site into thinking I'm using Mozilla the nav loads in
    and works just fine.

    I don't get why they don't just test for document.getElementById() instead
    of all the other crap that code is trying to do and just show the menus for
    the more standards compliant browsers.

    I wrote some very simple code myself that drives similar dynamic menus and
    works in IE5+ on Windows and Mac, Opera from I think 6.0+, Mozilla,
    Konqueror. It weighs in at about 75 lines, not including the data which
    forms the menu elements, or the css used to style it.

    Chris Hope, Jun 26, 2004

  3. Chris Hope wrote:
    > Carl Elphick wrote:
    >

    >>I see they have fixed it so it works properly with Mozilla Firefox :)

    > They're using some extremely over-complex looking Javascript to run that
    > menu system though. I use Konqueror and it still won't render the menu so
    > the browser sniffing they use is still wrong. However, if I change it so
    > Konqueror fools the site into thinking I'm using Mozilla the nav loads in
    > and works just fine.
    >
    > I don't get why they don't just test for document.getElementById() instead
    > of all the other crap that code is trying to do and just show the menus for
    > the more standards compliant browsers.
    >
    > I wrote some very simple code myself that drives similar dynamic menus and
    > works in IE5+ on Windows and Mac, Opera from I think 6.0+, Mozilla,
    > Konqueror. It weighs in at about 75 lines, not including the data which
    > forms the menu elements, or the css used to style it.

    Better still why do they not just code to the HTML4.01 standards

    Patrick Dunford, Jun 26, 2004