Warehouse 32" TV

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by William Brown, Jan 3, 2011.

  1. This $399 special Transonic 32" I have been told that its not fitted
    with a Digital tuner, it does list tuner but that is all.

    William Brown, Jan 3, 2011

  2. William Brown

    Miche Guest

    In article <>,
    William Brown <> wrote:

    > This $399 special Transonic 32" I have been told that its not fitted
    > with a Digital tuner, it does list tuner but that is all.

    You get what you pay for, maybe?

    Miche

    --
    Electricians do it in three phases

    Miche, Jan 3, 2011

  3. William Brown

    Fred Guest

    William Brown wrote:
    > This $399 special Transonic 32" I have been told that its not fitted
    > with a Digital tuner, it does list tuner but that is all.

    Are you trying to make some point?

    Fred, Jan 3, 2011
  4. William Brown

    peterwn Guest

    Re: Warehouse 32" TV

    On Jan 3, 2:55 pm, "Fred" <> wrote:
    > William Brown wrote:
    > > This $399  special Transonic  32" I have been told that its not fitted
    > > with a Digital tuner, it does list tuner but that is all.

    > Are you trying to make some point?

    Yes. Some people will buy them and find they are only 'good' for a
    couple of years.

    A retailer of new goods must offer spare prts support for three years.
    On this basis selling a TV that is ony 'good' for a couple of years is
    deceptive conduct.

    peterwn, Jan 3, 2011
  5. William Brown

    stateslave Guest

    Fred wrote:

    > William Brown wrote:
    >> This $399 special Transonic 32" I have been told that its not fitted
    >> with a Digital tuner, it does list tuner but that is all.

    > Are you trying to make some point?

    Buy a car without an engine recently?

    stateslave, Jan 3, 2011
  6. William Brown

    Fred Guest

    Re: Warehouse 32" TV

    peterwn wrote:
    > On Jan 3, 2:55 pm, "Fred" <> wrote:
    >> William Brown wrote:
    >>> This $399 special Transonic 32" I have been told that its not fitted
    >>> with a Digital tuner, it does list tuner but that is all.

    >> Are you trying to make some point?

    > Yes. Some people will buy them and find they are only 'good' for a
    > couple of years.
    >
    > A retailer of new goods must offer spare prts support for three years.
    > On this basis selling a TV that is ony 'good' for a couple of years is
    > deceptive conduct.

    That's assuming there is no digital tuner. The OP simply states he was told
    that, but doesn't say who by. It may not be correct. If it is correct, and
    the retailer has said so, there's nothing deceptive at all. I suspect if
    they were not digital they'd be quitting them at $100 odd. Digital Samsung
    32 inch are going for $599. Normally Transonic would be much cheaper anyway
    for a similar product.

    Fred, Jan 3, 2011
  7. William Brown

    Peter K Guest

    Re: Warehouse 32" TV

    "peterwn" <> wrote in message
    > On Jan 3, 2:55 pm, "Fred" <> wrote:
    >> William Brown wrote:
    >> > This $399 special Transonic 32" I have been told that its not fitted
    >> > with a Digital tuner, it does list tuner but that is all.

    >> Are you trying to make some point?

    > Yes. Some people will buy them and find they are only 'good' for a
    > couple of years.
    >
    > A retailer of new goods must offer spare prts support for three years.
    > On this basis selling a TV that is ony 'good' for a couple of years is
    > deceptive conduct.

    But is it deceptive? Who's saying the TV won't be supported for 3 years
    against defects? The TV itself and its tuner may be in tip-top working order
    for 3 years or more anyway. It's not the seller's fault that there is no
    signal for it to receive. (And in any case you can buy "set top boxes" which
    translate a digital TV signal to an analogue signal for TVs which require
    it).

    Peter K, Jan 3, 2011
  8. Re: Warehouse 32" TV

    On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 15:13:48 +1300, "Fred" <> wrote:

    >peterwn wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Are you trying to make some point?

    >> Yes. Some people will buy them and find they are only 'good' for a
    >> couple of years.
    >>
    >> A retailer of new goods must offer spare prts support for three years.
    >> On this basis selling a TV that is ony 'good' for a couple of years is
    >> deceptive conduct.

    >That's assuming there is no digital tuner. The OP simply states he was told
    >that, but doesn't say who by. It may not be correct. If it is correct, and
    >the retailer has said so, there's nothing deceptive at all. I suspect if
    >they were not digital they'd be quitting them at $100 odd. Digital Samsung
    >32 inch are going for $599. Normally Transonic would be much cheaper anyway
    >for a similar product.

    It from by old Boss that owns a TV repair shop, the TV that was on
    Display was only showing a Totally Pixilated screen..

    William Brown, Jan 3, 2011
  9. William Brown

    peterwn Guest

    Re: Warehouse 32" TV

    On Jan 3, 3:23 pm, "Peter K" <> wrote:
    > "peterwn" <> wrote in message

    > >> Are you trying to make some point?

    > > Yes. Some people will buy them and find they are only 'good' for a
    > > couple of years.

    > > A retailer of new goods must offer spare prts support for three years.
    > > On this basis selling a TV that is ony 'good' for a couple of years is
    > > deceptive conduct.

    > But is it deceptive? Who's saying the TV won't be supported for 3 years
    > against defects? The TV itself and its tuner may be in tip-top working order
    > for 3 years or more anyway. It's not the seller's fault that there is no
    > signal for it to receive. (And in any case you can buy "set top boxes" which
    > translate a digital TV signal to an analogue signal for TVs which require
    > it).

    OK as long as the retailer makes it crystal clear that the TV will
    require a set top tuner and probably a UHF aerial in a few years time,
    or that it will be OK if the customer is using it with a SKY box.

    peterwn, Jan 3, 2011
  10. Re: Warehouse 32" TV

    On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 15:23:39 +1300, "Peter K" <> wrote:

    >"peterwn" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Are you trying to make some point?

    >> Yes. Some people will buy them and find they are only 'good' for a
    >> couple of years.
    >>
    >> A retailer of new goods must offer spare prts support for three years.
    >> On this basis selling a TV that is ony 'good' for a couple of years is
    >> deceptive conduct.

    >But is it deceptive? Who's saying the TV won't be supported for 3 years
    >against defects? The TV itself and its tuner may be in tip-top working order
    >for 3 years or more anyway. It's not the seller's fault that there is no
    >signal for it to receive. (And in any case you can buy "set top boxes" which
    >translate a digital TV signal to an analogue signal for TVs which require
    >it).

    Most all are no brand products and Fail allot, My Boss brought a Draco
    HDTV5500 for a client sated to be one of the best I read on the Net that
    these fail allot that was back in 2008, I told my Boss about this, he
    stated that they all should be fixed by now, so far he sold 3 of the
    Draco HDTV5500 they have all failed, one lasted 4 months, He contacted
    the Dealer and was told that he had sold over 100 of them and Only 2
    came back..

    The Warehouse Sanyo one is the Same brand as The Draco but $100 cheaper,
    the one that looks nice a very small is the Dish TV T1020 has a 8 event
    wake up timer the same as the Draco/Sanyo, but it not made by the same
    people, I was told that Dish TV company was called by another name,
    seems to be just a Made for NZ Product.

    William Brown, Jan 3, 2011
  11. William Brown

    Fred Guest

    Re: Warehouse 32" TV

    William Brown wrote:
    > On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 15:13:48 +1300, "Fred" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> peterwn wrote:

    >>> Yes. Some people will buy them and find they are only 'good' for a
    >>> couple of years.
    >>>
    >>> A retailer of new goods must offer spare prts support for three
    >>> years. On this basis selling a TV that is ony 'good' for a couple
    >>> of years is deceptive conduct.

    >> That's assuming there is no digital tuner. The OP simply states he
    >> was told that, but doesn't say who by. It may not be correct. If it
    >> is correct, and the retailer has said so, there's nothing deceptive
    >> at all. I suspect if they were not digital they'd be quitting them
    >> at $100 odd. Digital Samsung 32 inch are going for $599. Normally
    >> Transonic would be much cheaper anyway for a similar product.

    > It from by old Boss that owns a TV repair shop, the TV that was on
    > Display was only showing a Totally Pixilated screen..

    I would ask the retailer. They will know or find out for you.

    Fred, Jan 3, 2011
  12. William Brown

    Kuee Guest

    Re: Warehouse 32" TV

    On 3 Jan, 16:21, William Brown <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 15:13:48 +1300, "Fred" <> wrote:
    > >peterwn wrote:

    > >> Yes. Some people will buy them and find they are only 'good' for a
    > >> couple of years.

    > >> A retailer of new goods must offer spare prts support for three years.
    > >> On this basis selling a TV that is ony 'good' for a couple of years is
    > >> deceptive conduct.

    > >That's assuming there is no digital tuner. The OP simply states he was told
    > >that, but doesn't say who by. It may not be correct. If it is correct, and
    > >the retailer has said so, there's nothing deceptive at all. I suspect if
    > >they were not digital they'd be quitting them at $100 odd. Digital Samsung
    > >32 inch are going for $599. Normally Transonic would be much cheaper anyway
    > >for a similar product.

    > It from by old Boss that owns a TV repair shop, the TV that was on
    > Display was only showing a Totally Pixilated screen..

    Which old boss Gwegory, you had so many, and I can't think of any that
    would want to even look at you anymore let alone speak to you and give
    you info, or maybe that is it, they told you bullshit, knowing you
    would tell others, and hoping you got a bollocking for talking shit lol

    Kuee, Jan 3, 2011
  13. William Brown

    Kuee Guest

    Re: Warehouse 32" TV

    On 3 Jan, 17:12, "Fred" <> wrote:
    > William Brown wrote:
    > > On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 15:13:48 +1300, "Fred" <>
    > > wrote:

    > >> That's assuming there is no digital tuner. The OP simply states he
    > >> was told that, but doesn't say who by. It may not be correct. If it
    > >> is correct, and the retailer has said so, there's nothing deceptive
    > >> at all. I suspect if they were not digital they'd be quitting them
    > >> at $100 odd. Digital Samsung 32 inch are going for $599. Normally
    > >> Transonic would be much cheaper anyway for a similar product.

    > > It from by old Boss that owns a TV repair shop, the TV that was on
    > > Display was only showing a Totally Pixilated screen..

    > I would ask the retailer. They will know or find out for you.

    Gweg is talking thru a hole in his arse, none of his ex bosses would
    even look twice at him, ask him why he got the boot from every job so
    quickly, especially why he was sacked from the (then) local
    polytechnic, he was a janitor, helps with the search engines lol

    Kuee, Jan 3, 2011
  14. William Brown

    Richard Guest

    On 3/01/2011 1:30 p.m., William Brown wrote:

    > This $399 special Transonic 32" I have been told that its not fitted
    > with a Digital tuner, it does list tuner but that is all.

    So?

    Noe everyone needs a digital tuner in the tv, if you have sky,. if you
    live in the middle of nowhere and have to use crap freeview sat, if you
    just want to play DVD's on it.

    Richard, Jan 4, 2011
  15. On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 16:56:45 +1300, Richard <> wrote:

    >On 3/01/2011 1:30 p.m., William Brown wrote:
    >>

    >> This $399 special Transonic 32" I have been told that its not fitted
    >> with a Digital tuner, it does list tuner but that is all.

    >So?
    >
    >Noe everyone needs a digital tuner in the tv, if you have sky,. if you
    >live in the middle of nowhere and have to use crap freeview sat, if you
    >just want to play DVD's on it.

    So - Any store selling a new TV these days in NZ, and which does NOT
    have an onboard Freeview tuner needs to ensure the customer
    understands the ramifications and limitations of said box. Not to do
    so would be deceitful.

    Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce, Jan 4, 2011
  16. William Brown

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:
    > On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 16:56:45 +1300, Richard <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 3/01/2011 1:30 p.m., William Brown wrote:
    >>>

    >>> This $399 special Transonic 32" I have been told that its not
    >>> fitted with a Digital tuner, it does list tuner but that is all.

    >> So?
    >>
    >> Noe everyone needs a digital tuner in the tv, if you have sky,. if
    >> you live in the middle of nowhere and have to use crap freeview sat,
    >> if you just want to play DVD's on it.
    >>

    > So - Any store selling a new TV these days in NZ, and which does NOT
    > have an onboard Freeview tuner needs to ensure the customer
    > understands the ramifications and limitations of said box. Not to do
    > so would be deceitful.

    What do you mean by "these days"? When I bought my Samsung 32" LCD I was
    unaware of the impending shut-down of analog TV stations and I bought a lot
    more expensive item than I could have as I planned for it to last me a good
    long while. Likewise my HDD recorder. When did "these days" start IYO?
    --
    Shaun.

    into you." Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

    ~misfit~, Jan 4, 2011
  17. On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 19:30:08 +1300, Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 16:56:45 +1300, Richard <> wrote:
    >
    >>On 3/01/2011 1:30 p.m., William Brown wrote:
    >>>

    >>> This $399 special Transonic 32" I have been told that its not fitted
    >>> with a Digital tuner, it does list tuner but that is all.

    >>So?
    >>
    >>Noe everyone needs a digital tuner in the tv, if you have sky,. if you
    >>live in the middle of nowhere and have to use crap freeview sat, if you
    >>just want to play DVD's on it.
    >>

    >So - Any store selling a new TV these days in NZ, and which does NOT
    >have an onboard Freeview tuner needs to ensure the customer
    >understands the ramifications and limitations of said box. Not to do
    >so would be deceitful.

    Well I asked only has a Analog Tuner..

    What I call is a Big Con

    William Brown, Jan 4, 2011
  18. William Brown

    Richard Guest

    On 4/01/2011 7:30 p.m., Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:
    > On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 16:56:45 +1300, Richard<> wrote:
    >
    >> On 3/01/2011 1:30 p.m., William Brown wrote:
    >>>

    >>> This $399 special Transonic 32" I have been told that its not fitted
    >>> with a Digital tuner, it does list tuner but that is all.

    >> So?
    >>
    >> Noe everyone needs a digital tuner in the tv, if you have sky,. if you
    >> live in the middle of nowhere and have to use crap freeview sat, if you
    >> just want to play DVD's on it.
    >>

    > So - Any store selling a new TV these days in NZ, and which does NOT
    > have an onboard Freeview tuner needs to ensure the customer
    > understands the ramifications and limitations of said box. Not to do
    > so would be deceitful.

    No, customer should know what they are buying, not up to the stores to
    tell people about things.

    Do you expect car yards to tell people that fuel might go up so much
    they cant afford to run it anymore? Or hair dryer vendors to tell people
    they might go bald? Same thing. You buy it based on feature list. If it
    doesnt say digital tuner then you dont get one.

    Richard, Jan 4, 2011
  19. On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 20:16:55 +1300, "~misfit~"
    <> wrote:

    >Somewhere on teh intarwebs Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:

    >>> So?
    >>>
    >>> Noe everyone needs a digital tuner in the tv, if you have sky,. if
    >>> you live in the middle of nowhere and have to use crap freeview sat,
    >>> if you just want to play DVD's on it.
    >>>

    >> So - Any store selling a new TV these days in NZ, and which does NOT
    >> have an onboard Freeview tuner needs to ensure the customer
    >> understands the ramifications and limitations of said box. Not to do
    >> so would be deceitful.

    >What do you mean by "these days"? When I bought my Samsung 32" LCD I was
    >unaware of the impending shut-down of analog TV stations and I bought a lot
    >more expensive item than I could have as I planned for it to last me a good
    >long while. Likewise my HDD recorder. When did "these days" start IYO?

    "these days" equates exactly to the inexact term "now-ish".
    Fortunately, the switch-off will result in the loss of nothing of any
    consequence to anybody. Feeling better now?

    Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce, Jan 4, 2011
  20. William Brown

    Richard Guest

    On 4/01/2011 10:35 p.m., Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:
    > On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 20:16:55 +1300, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:

    >>> So - Any store selling a new TV these days in NZ, and which does NOT
    >>> have an onboard Freeview tuner needs to ensure the customer
    >>> understands the ramifications and limitations of said box. Not to do
    >>> so would be deceitful.

    >> What do you mean by "these days"? When I bought my Samsung 32" LCD I was
    >> unaware of the impending shut-down of analog TV stations and I bought a lot
    >> more expensive item than I could have as I planned for it to last me a good
    >> long while. Likewise my HDD recorder. When did "these days" start IYO?

    > "these days" equates exactly to the inexact term "now-ish".
    > Fortunately, the switch-off will result in the loss of nothing of any
    > consequence to anybody. Feeling better now?

    I still dont get the rush to switch off the analog VHF since that is not
    where the new stuff is going. They could leave it going for ages and get
    all the UHF digital built out first IMO. Let analog die on its own with
    lack of content and that horrid partial letterbox.

    The nicam sound on analog is vastly better than what is on HD tho. No
    idea how 64kbit audio got selected as the standard for a HD service.

    Richard, Jan 4, 2011