    Anyone know anything about this?
    Thanks for any help
    Smurfsdad

    Smurfsdad, Apr 3, 2005

  2. Smurfsdad

    Kenty Guest

    "Smurfsdad" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I've suddenly got an unregesterd program called "Ware-out" on my computer.
    > Anyone know anything about this?
    > Thanks for any help
    > Smurfsdad

    this is spyware,see below
    WareOut is a rogue spyware removal application operated by 'Coteco LLC',
    suspected to be a front for a CoolWebSearch affiliate (hosted in a netblock
    full of CWS variant servers). It is listed as unsolicited commercial
    software because it is loaded without consent using browser security holes.

    WareOut's method of finding spyware seems to involve flagging all
    auto-starting programs installed that are not on a whitelist of well-known
    non-parasite programs. This often produces many false positives, which the
    software will refuse to remove unless a registration fee is paid.

    Also to ensure that it always 'finds' some 'threats', WareOut adds some
    spurious extra entries to the registry when it is first run, pointing to
    files that do not exist, which it will then claim as evidence of spyware.
    The entries are startup Run entries in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER trees, and URLSearchHooks. They are given entry names and
    ..exe/.dll filenames chosen randomly from a list of suspicious-looking
    strings

    download microsofts Anti spyware

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

    and run it, if it cannot delete it, then go to

    Contol Panel,Internet Options and delete all temporary internet files (with
    Internet Explorer shut down)

    then reboot the machine in "Safe Mode" , choose the option without Network
    support and run it (if Xp or Me) and it should clear it

    Kenty, Apr 3, 2005