WAP security disconnectin problem plus viopwise disconnection

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Atif, Dec 8, 2007.

  1. Atif

    Atif Guest

    Hi,

    I have a SMC WBR14S-N2 wireless and two laptops. I have updated the firmware
    and running with XP with SP2 patch. I secured the SSID with WAP security
    (with a password). Now I have got two problems thats driving me nuts.

    1. My wirelss connection with the laptop (Dell latitude D630) keeps droping.
    Windows shows that message "connection has no or limited connectivity". If i
    remove the WAP security than works fine. With WAP security it just keeps on
    disconnecting. With WEP security, it works fine but i keep getting the
    message its validating the identity. My other laptop works just fine no
    problem whatsoever with WAP security but with WEP security it also stucks at
    "validating identity".

    2. My second problem is with VOIPWISE calling. My voipwise keeps on logging
    out within a few seconds of making a call. With my old wired router (sitecom)
    I never had such a problem and still if i connect my old wired router it
    works fine. I checked it for both laptop and desktop but the problem just
    persists. I also tried without WAP/WEP security but it doesnt make any
    difference.

    I have spent quite some hours with this thing but not use. Help me please !!

    Atif, Dec 8, 2007

  2. Atif

    Guest

    "Atif" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a SMC WBR14S-N2 wireless and two laptops. I have updated the firmware
    > and running with XP with SP2 patch. I secured the SSID with WAP security
    > (with a password). Now I have got two problems thats driving me nuts.
    >

    > 1. My wirelss connection with the laptop (Dell latitude D630) keeps droping.
    > Windows shows that message "connection has no or limited connectivity". If i
    > remove the WAP security than works fine. With WAP security it just keeps on
    > disconnecting. With WEP security, it works fine but i keep getting the
    > message its validating the identity. My other laptop works just fine no
    > problem whatsoever with WAP security but with WEP security it also stucks at
    > "validating identity".
    >
    > 2. My second problem is with VOIPWISE calling. My voipwise keeps on logging
    > out within a few seconds of making a call. With my old wired router (sitecom)
    > I never had such a problem and still if i connect my old wired router it
    > works fine. I checked it for both laptop and desktop but the problem just
    > persists. I also tried without WAP/WEP security but it doesnt make any
    > difference.
    >
    > I have spent quite some hours with this thing but not use. Help me please !!

    , Feb 27, 2008