    Anyone? How many wireless "ports" do these access points usually provide?

    Thanks,
    Bryan
    Bryan Linton, Dec 14, 2004

  2. Hi Bryan,
    Since yours is a linksys G router, it should theoritcally support
    upto 99 connections at the same time.

    =?Utf-8?B?VmluYXkgUw==?=, Dec 14, 2004

  3. Bryan Linton

    Malke Guest

    Vinay S wrote:

    > Hi Bryan,
    > Since yours is a linksys G router, it should theoritcally
    > support
    > upto 99 connections at the same time.
    >
    > "Bryan Linton" wrote:
    >
    >> I'm sure a Wireless Access Point (such as the Linksys WAP54G) has a
    >> theoretical or practical limit to how many simultaneous connections
    >> it can support, but I can not find that in the documentation or
    >> specifications of any Wireless G AP I research.
    >>
    >> Anyone? How many wireless "ports" do these access points usually
    >> provide?

    About 30 computers can connect to a WAP, but the reality depends on the
    quality of the WAP. There was a recent article on the differences
    between WAP's - I think it was at Tom's Hardware. We recently had a
    similar issue with the school laptops and solved it with a combination
    of replacing the Belkin WAP's with Buffalo WAP's and increasing the
    number of WAP's on the network.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User