    I am using a wireless router with a PC running windows XP, when I turn it off
    I loose the WAP key. Is there a way of retaining the WAP key so I dont have
    to keep re entering it when I start the PC?
    ITdad08, May 5, 2008

  2. Hi
    There is No WAP key. Are you referring to WEP, or to WPA?
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 5, 2008

  3. "ITdad08" <> wrote in message

    > I am using a wireless router with a PC running windows XP, when I turn it

    off
    > I loose the WAP key. Is there a way of retaining the WAP key so I dont

    have
    > to keep re entering it when I start the PC?

    You must ask the maker of your router. Mine has
    programmable settings (retained when power is switched
    off) that must be set by logging on to the maker's web
    site via personal ID and password. Do you have a manual
    for your router?

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs