    The faulty disk has 12.3 Gb or 13,287,686,144 bytes but the folder this was
    copied into has only got 11 Gb or 11,870,066.950 bytes. Does anyone know how
    to do this? TIA.

    Bryan Henderson, May 4, 2004

  2. Bryan Henderson

    slumpy Guest

    It was only the fire burning through the trees that stopped Bryan Henderson
    from going on all night...

    > I would like to be able to print off lists of the numbers of files in
    > folders on my pc and also the megabytes involved.
    >
    > The reason for this is that I have just copied the contents of a hard
    > drive into a folder on another drive and the totals aren't the same
    > on completion.
    >
    > The faulty disk has 12.3 Gb or 13,287,686,144 bytes but the folder
    > this was copied into has only got 11 Gb or 11,870,066.950 bytes. Does
    > anyone know how to do this? TIA.

    Listmaker http://www.nwlink.com/~koolguy/home.html
    Directory Printer http://www.karenware.com/powertools/powertools.asp

    Never use the first, though I do have a copy, but the second is /very/
    flexible and user-friendly.
    --
    slumpy
    no more