    Yet these three key applications are not currently available on x64.

    They are all written using the .NET Framework, which is available for x64,
    so why is there an issue?
    =?Utf-8?B?R3JhaGFtUw==?=, Sep 20, 2006

  2. The standard SyncToy works fine on XP x64.

    Larry

    Lawrence E. Oliver, Sep 20, 2006

  3. The CMD here powertoy still works.
    Open a text file and save it as cmdhere.inf
    Put the following text inside it:
    ;
    ; "CMD Prompt Here" PowerToy
    ;
    ; Copyright 1996 Microsoft Corporation
    ;
    [version]
    signature="$CHICAGO$"

    [CmdHereInstall]
    CopyFiles = CmdHere.Files.Inf
    AddReg = CmdHere.Reg

    [DefaultInstall]
    CopyFiles = CmdHere.Files.Inf
    AddReg = CmdHere.Reg

    [DefaultUnInstall]
    DelFiles = CmdHere.Files.Inf
    DelReg = CmdHere.Reg

    [SourceDisksNames]
    55="CMD Prompt Here","",1

    [SourceDisksFiles]
    CmdHere.INF=55

    [DestinationDirs]
    CmdHere.Files.Inf = 17

    [CmdHere.Files.Inf]
    CmdHere.INF

    [CmdHere.Reg]
    HKLM,%UDHERE%,DisplayName,,"%CmdHereName%"
    HKLM,%UDHERE%,UninstallString,,"rundll32.exe
    syssetup.dll,SetupInfObjectInstallAction DefaultUninstall 132
    %17%\CmdHere.inf"
    HKCR,Directory\Shell\CmdHere,,,"%CmdHereAccel%"
    HKCR,Directory\Shell\CmdHere\command,,,"%11%\cmd.exe /k cd ""%1"""
    HKCR,Drive\Shell\CmdHere,,,"%CmdHereAccel%"
    HKCR,Drive\Shell\CmdHere\command,,,"%11%\cmd.exe /k cd ""%1"""

    [Strings]
    CmdHereName="CMD Prompt Here PowerToy"
    CmdHereAccel="CMD &Prompt Here"
    UDHERE="Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CmdHere"

    Install it by right clicking the file and choosing install.

    **********************************
    Works of Windows XP x64 AND Vista x64
    **********************************

    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 20, 2006
  4. Re: Wanted: x64 versions of SyncToy, RAW Thumbnail and Color Apple

    Thanks Larry - I hadn't tried running SyncToy as the System Requirements
    state that it only works for Win XP SP2, not x64 edition. But you're right,
    it works fine.

    So now I just need versions of the RAW Thumbnail Viewer and the Color
    Control Panel Applet for x64.

    =?Utf-8?B?R3JhaGFtUw==?=, Sep 20, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?R3JhaGFtUw==?=, Sep 20, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?R3JhaGFtUw==?=

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    Vista has Command Prompt Here built-in.
    (Shift+Right-click on a folder.)

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Sep 21, 2006
  7. Re: Wanted: x64 versions of SyncToy, RAW Thumbnail and Color Apple

    Got me!
    Good tip.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 21, 2006
  8. Re: Wanted: x64 versions of SyncToy, RAW Thumbnail and Color Apple

    I used 1.2 on x64 but 1.4 does not seem to work on x64. It would be nice to
    have a true x64 version but at the moment I just want the latest version to
    work.

    =?Utf-8?B?Smlt?=, Nov 3, 2006