    I need to create a "virtual drive" so that I can "mount" the contents
    of a DVD onto it (using UltraISO Media Edition 7.6x). Is there any
    software you'd recommend using for this?

    Robert Feigel, Jul 3, 2006

  2. > I need to create a "virtual drive" so that I can "mount" the contents
    > of a DVD onto it (using UltraISO Media Edition 7.6x). Is there any
    > software you'd recommend using for this?

    This is probably what you want.

    Bryan McNally, Jul 3, 2006

    An address might help. http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/announcements.php

    Bryan McNally, Jul 3, 2006
  4. Robert Feigel

    MotoGP Guest

    MotoGP, Jul 3, 2006
  5. Robert Feigel

    bambam Guest

    "Bryan McNally" <> wrote in news:e8a2gv$3b6$1
    @lust.ihug.co.nz:

    > "Bryan McNally" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >>> I need to create a "virtual drive" so that I can "mount" the contents
    >>> of a DVD onto it (using UltraISO Media Edition 7.6x). Is there any
    >>> software you'd recommend using for this?
    >>>

    >> This is probably what you want.

    > An address might help. http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/announcements.php

    It is a very good program, but a word of warning. Daemon Tools now comes
    bundled with a spyware\adware searchbar from WhenU. It doesn't have to be
    installed, but must be deselected when installing Daemon Tools.

    --
    Calling Atheism a religion is like calling bald a hair color.

    bambam, Jul 3, 2006
  6. Robert Feigel

    ~misfit~ Guest

    bambam wrote:
    > "Bryan McNally" <> wrote in news:e8a2gv$3b6$1
    > @lust.ihug.co.nz:
    >

    > > "Bryan McNally" <> wrote in message

    > > > This is probably what you want.

    > > An address might help.
    > > http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/announcements.php

    > It is a very good program, but a word of warning. Daemon Tools now
    > comes bundled with a spyware\adware searchbar from WhenU. It doesn't
    > have to be installed, but must be deselected when installing Daemon
    > Tools.

    Yes, good point, from version 4 onwards. I still have an earlier version in
    my 'downloads' file that works very well. However, I'm using Alcohol 120% at
    the moment which is better IMO but it ain't free.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jul 3, 2006
  7. Robert Feigel

    Guest

    I recommend you to use MagicDisc virtual cd/dvd-rom. It is freeware and
    works great.
    http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-magicdisc-overview.htm

    Robert Feigel wrote:
    > This is learning curve stuff for me, so I'm not sure that I've got all
    > the nomenclature right.
    >
    > I need to create a "virtual drive" so that I can "mount" the contents
    > of a DVD onto it (using UltraISO Media Edition 7.6x). Is there any
    > software you'd recommend using for this?

    , Jul 4, 2006