    www.rockyhorroraudio.com
    "Please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantenganse alejado de las
    puertas."

    Kev J. Boycik, Aug 31, 2004

  2. Kev J. Boycik

    FAQmeister Guest

    "Kev J. Boycik" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > Can anyone recommend a good, reliable video capture device? I'm
    > planning on getting a DVD writer soon and I have no clue which item
    > would be the best. Does it matter if it goes into USB or firewire?
    > I'm a bit of a novice with this, so pardon my ignorance.
    >
    > If anyone can recommend a good model and point me to a place to
    > purchase on-line, I'd really appreciate it.
    >
    > Many thanks in advance,
    >

    > Kev J.B.
    > www.rockyhorroraudio.com
    > "Please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantenganse alejado de las
    > puertas."

    Pinnacle Studio AV/DV
    http://www.pinnaclesys.com/ProductPage_n.asp?Product_ID=2050&Langue_ID=7
    List: $149

    $84.30 no tax, free shipping
    http://www.atomicpark.com/productDetail.aspx?prodId=19346&refId=6&sk=81018
    --
    Buford T. Justice
    The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:

    FAQmeister, Aug 31, 2004

  3. Kev J. Boycik

    Brian Guest

    eep (Kev J. Boycik) wrote:

    >Can anyone recommend a good, reliable video capture device? I'm planning on
    >getting a DVD writer soon and I have no clue which item would be the best. Does
    >it matter if it goes into USB or firewire? I'm a bit of a novice with this, so
    >pardon my ignorance.
    >
    >If anyone can recommend a good model and point me to a place to purchase
    >on-line, I'd really appreciate it.
    >
    >Many thanks in advance,
    >

    >Kev J.B.
    >www.rockyhorroraudio.com
    >"Please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantenganse alejado de las
    >puertas."

    It depends on how much money you want to spend.
    I'd recommend canopus ADVC-100. There are many happy owner of this
    hardware. A firewire card is required.
    Try looking up this product on www.dvdrhelp.com

    Regards Brian

    Brian, Aug 31, 2004
  4. Firewire or USB?

    You gotta Mac ... go Firewire
    You gotta PC ... go USB

    I have a Pinnacle DVC-150 USB device. It works quite well. I've owned
    several PCI vid capture cards and none were satisfactory. The DVC-150
    captures excellent quality video and most importantly, there's NEVER a
    problem with autio synch. Its always perfect. Although I dearly love the
    capture device, their (Pinnacle's) software sucks in the worst possible way.
    Mainly, it doesn't work ... at least not reliably. I use it only for
    capturing, and even then it crashes when I close it ... 100% of the time.

    I use the Pinnacle software to do the capture (ain't no other choice).
    I use DVD Lab for authoring.
    I use Nero for burning.

    I get excellent results.

    Colon Terminus, Aug 31, 2004
  5. Thanks to all for your suggestions, I will look into all of them.

    If it's something that is gonna work, I don't mind investing a lot into it. I
    just don't want to be stuck with something that doesn't work.

    Thanks again,
    Kev

    Kev J. Boycik, Aug 31, 2004
  6. In article <qv2Zc.494480$>,
    Colon Terminus <> wrote:

    >Firewire or USB?

    >You gotta Mac ... go Firewire
    >You gotta PC ... go USB

    You don't have to. I have Firewire on my PC. It's part of
    my Sound Blaster card.

    Firewire is much faster than USB.

    As to caputer, I have a Canopus ADC-300 - it uses firewire - but
    the nice thing about it is that you can use all the processing in
    it in a pass-through arangment for doing such things as copying
    tapes with controls for brightness, color, contrast, noise filters,
    etc, or you can suck it into the computer for burning to DVD later.

    It is a an external device and I dont care for the approach with
    the video coming into a video card.

    >I have a Pinnacle DVC-150 USB device. It works quite well.
    >I've owned several PCI vid capture cards and none were
    >satisfactory. The DVC-150 captures excellent quality video and
    >most importantly, there's NEVER a problem with autio synch. Its
    >always perfect. Although I dearly love the capture device, their
    >(Pinnacle's) software sucks in the worst possible way. Mainly,
    >it doesn't work ... at least not reliably. I use it only for
    >capturing, and even then it crashes when I close it ... 100% of
    >the time.

    >I use the Pinnacle software to do the capture (ain't no other choice).
    >I use DVD Lab for authoring.
    >I use Nero for burning.

    Nero really works well compared to others I've tried.

    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

    Bill Vermillion, Sep 1, 2004
  7. Kev J. Boycik

    Mark Spatny Guest

    Kev J. Boycik, says...
    > Can anyone recommend a good, reliable video capture device?

    You'll get even more in-depth responses here: rec.video.desktop

    Mark Spatny, Sep 1, 2004
  8. >You'll get even more in-depth responses here: rec.video.desktop

    Many thanks!!!

    --kjb

    Kev J. Boycik, Sep 1, 2004