    internal, for my computer?
    Please help this old fool.

    Charles in Oregon
    Charles Eggen, Feb 19, 2006

  2. Charles Eggen

    Paul Guest

    Charles Eggen wrote:
    > My computer's combo DVD/CD writer can play other than R1 discs, but
    > with a limit of five times. Therefore, where can I get a computer DVD
    > player that plays R4/R0 PAL discs without this five change aspect?

    You don't need new hardware. Try this:

    http://www.dvdidle.com/dvd-region-free.htm

    Paul, Feb 19, 2006

  3. Charles Eggen

    Biz Guest

    Your PC drive will playback R0(region free) disks all day long. There are
    several apps as well as possible region-free firmware available to bypass
    the 5 change limit....

    Just do a little googling....

    Sicne 2000, you cannot buy region-free drives legally for a PC....

    Biz, Feb 19, 2006
  4. Charles Eggen

    P Pron Guest

    Charles Eggen wrote:
    || My computer's combo DVD/CD writer can play other than R1 discs, but
    || with a limit of five times. Therefore, where can I get a computer DVD
    || player that plays R4/R0 PAL discs without this five change aspect?
    || I have a player for my TV that handles all zones, PAL and NTSC,
    || without this nonsense, where can I get such a unit, preferabley
    || internal, for my computer?
    || Please help this old fool.
    || Charles in Oregon

    http://www.dvd43.com/ - free, and works for me!

    paul
    P Pron, Feb 19, 2006
  5. "Charles Eggen" <> wrote in message

    > My computer's combo DVD/CD writer can play other than R1 discs, but
    > with a limit of five times. Therefore, where can I get a computer DVD
    > player that plays R4/R0 PAL discs without this five change aspect?
    > I have a player for my TV that handles all zones, PAL and NTSC,
    > without this nonsense, where can I get such a unit, preferabley
    > internal, for my computer?
    > Please help this old fool.
    >
    > Charles in Oregon

    What make and model is your DVD writer.

    Stephen
    Stephen Stewart, Feb 19, 2006
  6. On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 18:13:00 +0000 (UTC), "Stephen Stewart"
    <> wrote:

    >"Charles Eggen" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> My computer's combo DVD/CD writer can play other than R1 discs, but
    >> with a limit of five times. Therefore, where can I get a computer DVD
    >> player that plays R4/R0 PAL discs without this five change aspect?
    >> I have a player for my TV that handles all zones, PAL and NTSC,
    >> without this nonsense, where can I get such a unit, preferabley
    >> internal, for my computer?
    >> Please help this old fool.
    >>
    >> Charles in Oregon

    >What make and model is your DVD writer.
    >

    >Stephen

    TSST corp CD/DVDW TS-H552B

    Charles
    Charles Eggen, Feb 20, 2006
  7. On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 17:31:59 -0000, "P Pron"
    <> wrote:

    >Charles Eggen wrote:
    >|| My computer's combo DVD/CD writer can play other than R1 discs, but
    >|| with a limit of five times. Therefore, where can I get a computer DVD
    >|| player that plays R4/R0 PAL discs without this five change aspect?
    >|| I have a player for my TV that handles all zones, PAL and NTSC,
    >|| without this nonsense, where can I get such a unit, preferabley
    >|| internal, for my computer?
    >|| Please help this old fool.
    >|| Charles in Oregon
    >
    >http://www.dvd43.com/ - free, and works for me!
    >
    >paul

    Thanks, but this would seem to be a decrypter program for copying.
    That is not what I am wanting to do. I only want to view all zone, PAL
    and NTSC discs, without the five change limit that is built into my
    current unit.

    Thanks for the response,

    Charles
    Charles Eggen, Feb 20, 2006
  8. "Charles Eggen" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 18:13:00 +0000 (UTC), "Stephen Stewart"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Charles Eggen" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> My computer's combo DVD/CD writer can play other than R1 discs, but
    >>> with a limit of five times. Therefore, where can I get a computer DVD
    >>> player that plays R4/R0 PAL discs without this five change aspect?
    >>> I have a player for my TV that handles all zones, PAL and NTSC,
    >>> without this nonsense, where can I get such a unit, preferabley
    >>> internal, for my computer?
    >>> Please help this old fool.
    >>>
    >>> Charles in Oregon

    >>What make and model is your DVD writer.
    >>

    >>Stephen
    >>

    > TSST corp CD/DVDW TS-H552B
    >
    > Charles

    You can get region free firmware for this drive from here.

    http://tdb.rpc1.org/#TSH552B

    Flash your drive with the firmware and download DVD Region Killer from here.

    http://pioneerdvd.rpc1.org/

    The firmware rupgrade removes the limit from your hardware and the software
    does the same for the Windows side of things as there are limits built in to
    it as well.

    Stephen
    Stephen Stewart, Feb 20, 2006
  9. In article <>,
    Charles Eggen <> wrote:
    >On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 17:31:59 -0000, "P Pron"
    ><> wrote:

    >>http://www.dvd43.com/ - free, and works for me!
    >>
    >>paul
    >>

    >Thanks, but this would seem to be a decrypter program for copying.
    >That is not what I am wanting to do. I only want to view all zone, PAL
    >and NTSC discs, without the five change limit that is built into my
    >current unit.

    If that's what you want to do then those programs are right for
    you. They effectively sit between the disk and the player and
    present them as region one or region free.

    Bill

    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com
    Bill Vermillion, Feb 21, 2006
  10. Charles Eggen

    P Pron Guest

    Bill Vermillion wrote:
    || In article <>,
    || Charles Eggen <> wrote:
    ||| Thanks, but this would seem to be a decrypter program for copying.
    ||| That is not what I am wanting to do. I only want to view all zone,
    ||| PAL and NTSC discs, without the five change limit that is built
    ||| into my current unit.
    || If that's what you want to do then those programs are right for
    || you. They effectively sit between the disk and the player and
    || present them as region one or region free.
    || Bill

    Exactly - it is what I use in order to watch DVDs from other regions.

    paul
    P Pron, Feb 21, 2006