    --
    MoonPuppy
    RSM: Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

    MoonPuppy, Apr 8, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    says...
    > For PC. Part number is 88295A or 88296A. Service part number is 88290-69001.
    > May also be half-length ISA "ScanJet I/F Card" with part number 88290-6511.
    >
    > The card is for an HP ScanJet Plus 9195A.
    >
    > I've found the drivers, but I'm getting desperate for the interface card.

    I have a couple of the old SCSI cards left over from HP ScanJet IIcx's.
    Think 3C's shipped with same.
    The part numbers don't exactly jibe, but this is half-length ISA, 25 pin
    connector. Uses Symbios Logic chip 53C400A.
    HP embossed info on board says: C2502 66500.
    Have drivers also. Might work? Contact in sig.

    --
    Mac McDougald
    Doogle Digital - www.doogle.com

    Mac McDougald, Apr 8, 2004

  3. MoonPuppy

    Ben Myers Guest

    Seriously... Are you sure you want an ISA SCSI card for the ScanJet? It works
    lots better with a PCI SCSI card, such as an Adaptec 2940, 2910, 2920, and maybe
    some other of the 2900-series... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Apr 8, 2004
  4. MoonPuppy

    RSD99 Guest

    I think the OP possibly does not realize that the referenced HP interface card(s) *are*
    essentially standard SCSI cards ... but with an HP logo and part number attached.

    Any of the referenced Adaptec cards will probably work quite well.

    RSD99, Apr 9, 2004
  5. In article <eIldc.2474$>,
    says...
    > I think the OP possibly does not realize that the referenced HP interface card(s) *are*
    > essentially standard SCSI cards ... but with an HP logo and part number attached.
    >
    > Any of the referenced Adaptec cards will probably work quite well.

    I figgered he was running it off some old puter.
    Actually, he *must* be, if wanting ISA.

    The cards that shipped with all the older HP SCSI scanners (all Symbios
    Logic, AFAIK) would only do the one device, too, not chainable.

    Mac
    ======

    Mac McDougald, Apr 9, 2004
  6. MoonPuppy

    Bob Headrick Guest

    "RSD99" <> wrote in message
    > I think the OP possibly does not realize that the referenced HP interface

    card(s) *are*
    > essentially standard SCSI cards ... but with an HP logo and part number

    attached.

    > Any of the referenced Adaptec cards will probably work quite well.

    This was not the case for the original Scanjet, and I do not believe it was the
    case for the Scanjet+ either. The original Scanjet used a proprietary parallel
    interface, long before the days of IEEE-1284. At one time the Scanjet's
    (without the controller) could be found at swap meets for a few $'s, but the
    card was much rare and expensive, if it could be found at all.

    I used to have a broken Scanjet with a card in the garage but just checked and
    must have sent it to Good Will.

    Regards,
    Microsoft MVP

    Bob Headrick, Apr 9, 2004
  7. MoonPuppy

    Ben Myers Guest

    Almost standard SCSI cards. Single device support only. A chipset without
    drivers for newer operating systems. The oldest and lowest of the low-end
    Symbios/LSI/NCR/etc SCSI chips. Sloooooow.

    If someone REALLY wanted ISA bus SCSI, an Adaptec 1540 would be 1000% better.
    And readily available for cheap. I have some brand-new ones here still in
    shrink wrap, looking for a home for cheap... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Apr 9, 2004
  8. In article <>, says...

    > "RSD99" <> wrote in message
    > > I think the OP possibly does not realize that the referenced HP interface

    > card(s) *are*
    > > essentially standard SCSI cards ... but with an HP logo and part number

    > attached.
    > >
    > > Any of the referenced Adaptec cards will probably work quite well.

    > This was not the case for the original Scanjet, and I do not believe it was the
    > case for the Scanjet+ either. The original Scanjet used a proprietary parallel
    > interface, long before the days of IEEE-1284. At one time the Scanjet's
    > (without the controller) could be found at swap meets for a few $'s, but the
    > card was much rare and expensive, if it could be found at all.
    >
    > I used to have a broken Scanjet with a card in the garage but just checked and
    > must have sent it to Good Will.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Microsoft MVP

    Well, allrighty then!
    A definitive answer, thanks Bob.

    Mac

    Mac McDougald, Apr 9, 2004
  9. MoonPuppy

    Joe Morris Guest

    "Bob Headrick" <> writes:

    >"RSD99" <> wrote:

    >> Any of the referenced Adaptec cards will probably work quite well.

    >This was not the case for the original Scanjet, and I do not believe
    >it was the case for the Scanjet+ either. The original Scanjet used
    >a proprietary parallel interface, long before the days of IEEE-1284.

    The SJ+ also uses the nonstandard not-quite-IEEE1284 interface. I bought
    one many, many years ago along with a MicroChannel adapter card, but the
    card spewed all of its magic smoke a few years later when a lightning
    bolt found its way into my house. (I've still got the scorch mark
    on a wall of the bedroom I use as an office.)

    I tried to chase down a replacement card, but they could not be
    found. HP for a very short time restarted the build line for
    the ISA cards, but at such an exhorbitant price that nobody would
    buy them.

    Given the incredibly low prices of new, full-color scanners I would
    suspect that the price (and hassle factor) of trying to locate and
    purchase a replacement SJ+ adapter card isn't worth the effort.

    Joe Morris

    Joe Morris, Apr 9, 2004