    Trust me - I have 'googled' but anyone know where I can find any clipart
    suitable for engraving onto a trophy of a modern DSLR. I need it for a
    local camera club but I can only fing rather ancient looking cameras.

    RustY©, Mar 3, 2008

  2. RustY©

    Rikki Ward Guest

    Hi
    Try making your own.
    1) Take a photo of a suitable camera, save in jpg low resolution
    2) Open in editor and use "Threshold". Certainly present in PSP, probably
    other editors as well.
    Takes a bit of fiddling. Parts may look better with one setting, others
    at another. Experiment.
    3) Tidy up finished image
    4) Save and present to the engraver

    Can be effective for portraits.

    One bespoke engraveable image for next to nothing!

    Rikki

    Rikki Ward, Mar 3, 2008

  3. RustY©

    Mardon Guest

    "RustY©" <> wrote:

    > Trust me - I have 'googled' but anyone know where I can find any clipart
    > suitable for engraving onto a trophy of a modern DSLR. I need it for a
    > local camera club but I can only fing rather ancient looking cameras.

    Here's a link to a B&W (2 bit , not grayscale) image of a 1D Mark III.
    It's not "clipart" as such but it should be suitable for use by an
    engraver. I've done something similar to what Rikki suggested but used
    another filter rather than just the "Threshold" converison.

    http://www.JustPhotos.ca/transfer/Canon1DIII.png

    Mardon, Mar 3, 2008
  4. Mardon wrote:

    > "RustY©" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Trust me - I have 'googled' but anyone know where I can find any clipart
    >> suitable for engraving onto a trophy of a modern DSLR. I need it for a
    >> local camera club but I can only fing rather ancient looking cameras.

    > Here's a link to a B&W (2 bit , not grayscale) image of a 1D Mark III.
    > It's not "clipart" as such but it should be suitable for use by an
    > engraver. I've done something similar to what Rikki suggested but used
    > another filter rather than just the "Threshold" converison.

    "Edge Detect" would be one such filter, if OP's software offers it (as
    does The GIMP, for example, which offers more than one algorithm).

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 3, 2008