    Regards,
    David

    Please reply to News Group

    David, Jan 26, 2007

  2. David

    Mike Easter Guest

    David wrote:
    > I've got a D-Link wireless router will not tranfer pictures to Ebay
    > listings.

    I don't think you've done your troubleshooting properly.

    > (PS Pictures will transfer via by normal broadband modem.)

    That's a start.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jan 26, 2007

  3. David

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > David wrote:
    >> I've got a D-Link wireless router will not tranfer pictures to Ebay
    >> listings.

    > I don't think you've done your troubleshooting properly.

    Yup - my wireless D-Link allows me to put pics on eBay just fine. His
    problem is probably not the hardware.

    WhzzKdd, Jan 26, 2007
  4. David

    David Guest

    "WhzzKdd" <> wrote in message
    > Mike Easter wrote:
    >> David wrote:
    >>> I've got a D-Link wireless router will not tranfer pictures to Ebay
    >>> listings.

    >> I don't think you've done your troubleshooting properly.
    >>

    > Yup - my wireless D-Link allows me to put pics on eBay just fine. His
    > problem is probably not the hardware.

    Thanks Mike and Wizkid for your replies sadly they are not helpfull.
    Regards
    David

    David, Jan 26, 2007
  5. David

    SJP Guest

    "David" <> wrote in message
    > I've got a D-Link wireless router will not tranfer pictures to Ebay
    > listings.
    > Anyone ealse useing Ebay with a wireless router and getting it to handle
    > pictures?
    > Please advise me of make/model.
    > (PS Pictures will transfer via by normal broadband modem.)

    What is the exaxt model router you are using?

    SJP, Jan 26, 2007
  6. David

    WhzzKdd Guest

    David wrote:
    > "WhzzKdd" <> wrote in message
    >> Mike Easter wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I don't think you've done your troubleshooting properly.
    >>>

    >> Yup - my wireless D-Link allows me to put pics on eBay just fine. His
    >> problem is probably not the hardware.
    >>

    > Thanks Mike and Wizkid for your replies sadly they are not helpfull.
    > Regards
    > David

    Well, really they are. They are telling you that there's not much sense in
    replacing your current router, but that your time and effort would be better
    spent finding out what the REAL problem is.

    WhzzKdd, Jan 26, 2007
  7. David

    David Guest

    "WhzzKdd" <> wrote in message
    > David wrote:
    >> "WhzzKdd" <> wrote in message

    >>> Yup - my wireless D-Link allows me to put pics on eBay just fine. His
    >>> problem is probably not the hardware.
    >>>

    >> Thanks Mike and Wizkid for your replies sadly they are not helpfull.
    >> Regards
    >> David

    > Well, really they are. They are telling you that there's not much sense in
    > replacing your current router, but that your time and effort would be
    > better spent finding out what the REAL problem is.

    Any ides then? The NG has the word Helpdesk in it.
    This router will not handle payments in my internet bank a/c unless the
    default setting of MTU is reduced from 1432, but it reverts back to this
    each switch on, so it is a pain allready for that.
    Regards
    David

    David, Jan 26, 2007
  8. David

    David Guest

    "SJP" <> wrote in message

    > "David" <> wrote in message
    >> I've got a D-Link wireless router will not tranfer pictures to Ebay
    >> listings.
    >> Anyone ealse useing Ebay with a wireless router and getting it to handle
    >> pictures?
    >> Please advise me of make/model.
    >> (PS Pictures will transfer via by normal broadband modem.)
    >>

    > What is the exaxt model router you are using?

    DSL-924 Kit
    C/w DSL-G624T router andDWL-G122 in USB of PC.
    Regards
    David

    David, Jan 26, 2007
  9. David

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 19:40:52 GMT, "David" <> wrote:

    >Thanks Mike and Wizkid for your replies sadly they are not helpfull.
    >Regards

    David,

    Sadly, your description of your problem isn't helpful.

    "I've got a D-Link wireless router will not transfer pictures to Ebay
    listings."

    Likely, the issue isn't with your router.

    Even if it is, based on the lack of details you've given, any answers
    anyone gives are a shot in the dark at the least.

    Once you can post a more verbose description and include details,
    someone can help you.

    You didn't even mention the operating system or browser you use.

    Evan Platt, Jan 26, 2007
  10. David

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 20:02:27 GMT, "David" <> wrote:

    >Any ides then?

    Based on your lack of details? No.

    >The NG has the word Helpdesk in it.

    No shit?

    >This router will not handle payments in my internet bank a/c unless the
    >default setting of MTU is reduced from 1432, but it reverts back to this
    >each switch on, so it is a pain allready for that.

    Once again, what error message did you encounter, and how did you
    figure out that was the solution?

    Evan Platt, Jan 26, 2007
  11. David

    David Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 20:02:27 GMT, "David" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Any ides then?

    > Based on your lack of details? No.
    >
    >>The NG has the word Helpdesk in it.

    > No shit?
    >
    >>This router will not handle payments in my internet bank a/c unless the
    >>default setting of MTU is reduced from 1432, but it reverts back to this
    >>each switch on, so it is a pain allready for that.

    > Once again, what error message did you encounter, and how did you
    > figure out that was the solution?

    The Bank recomended useing 1400, D-Link support recomended 1200. From what
    I gather this breaks the data up, I do not understand these things. Anyway
    it works with either number but not 1432.

    Tried this on Ebay to no effect.
    Just get a message saying downloading image, but it never does, just hangs
    there untill I get out of it.
    Useing normal modem it goes allmost instantly.
    I use XP with IE7, ebay say change back to IE6, but they appear to tell
    everyone who as problems that.
    Regards
    David

    David, Jan 26, 2007
  12. David

    Moog Guest

    David illuminated the devil's arse in 24hoursupport.helpdesk by typing:

    > Just get a message saying downloading image, but it never does, just hangs
    > there untill I get out of it.

    What is the size of the image you are sending? Ebay UK has a size limit of
    2.0mb and it will not transfer should you get passed that.

    http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/pictures.htm

    --
    Moog

    http://www.last.fm/user/efcmoog/
    "Liquor in the Front. Poker in the Rear"

    Moog, Jan 26, 2007
  13. David

    David Guest

    "Moog" <> wrote in message
    > David illuminated the devil's arse in 24hoursupport.helpdesk by typing:
    >
    >> Just get a message saying downloading image, but it never does, just
    >> hangs
    >> there untill I get out of it.

    > What is the size of the image you are sending? Ebay UK has a size limit of
    > 2.0mb and it will not transfer should you get passed that.

    If that were the case it would not pass a picture through the normal modem.
    Ony on picture on each listing any way.
    Regards
    David

    David, Jan 26, 2007
  14. David

    Moog Guest

    David illuminated the devil's arse in 24hoursupport.helpdesk by typing:

    > "Moog" <> wrote in message
    >> David illuminated the devil's arse in 24hoursupport.helpdesk by typing:
    >>
    >>> Just get a message saying downloading image, but it never does, just
    >>> hangs
    >>> there untill I get out of it.

    >> What is the size of the image you are sending? Ebay UK has a size limit
    >> of 2.0mb and it will not transfer should you get passed that.
    >>

    > If that were the case it would not pass a picture through the normal
    > modem.

    That would depend if it was the same picture or not.

    > Ony on picture on each listing any way.

    There's only one size limit per picture "any way".

    You're not giving us much to go on.

    Are you getting NNTP access (newsgroup) through the same connection?
    You are obviously getting web access.
    What *is* the size of the image you are attempting to upload?
    What browser are you using?
    What model D-link router?
    What operating system?
    Do you have Java Installed?

    These questions and many more may actually get answered in next weeks
    episode of "soap".

    A gaggle of mentalists would struggle to understand you.

    You sound like you don't actually want any help.

    Moog, Jan 26, 2007
  15. David

    David Guest

    "Moog" <> wrote in message
    > David illuminated the devil's arse in 24hoursupport.helpdesk by typing:
    >

    >> "Moog" <> wrote in message
    >>> David illuminated the devil's arse in 24hoursupport.helpdesk by typing:

    >>> What is the size of the image you are sending? Ebay UK has a size limit
    >>> of 2.0mb and it will not transfer should you get passed that.
    >>>

    >> If that were the case it would not pass a picture through the normal
    >> modem.

    > That would depend if it was the same picture or not.
    >
    >> Ony on picture on each listing any way.

    > There's only one size limit per picture "any way".
    >
    > You're not giving us much to go on.
    >
    > Are you getting NNTP access (newsgroup) through the same connection?
    > You are obviously getting web access.
    > What *is* the size of the image you are attempting to upload?
    > What browser are you using?
    > What model D-link router?
    > What operating system?
    > Do you have Java Installed?
    >
    > These questions and many more may actually get answered in next weeks
    > episode of "soap".
    >
    > A gaggle of mentalists would struggle to understand you.
    >
    > You sound like you don't actually want any help.
    >
    > --

    Seems I will not be getting help here,
    Good Night
    David

    David, Jan 26, 2007
  16. David

    Moog Guest

    David illuminated the devil's arse in 24hoursupport.helpdesk by typing:

    > Seems I will not be getting help here,
    > Good Night

    Enjoy your new router!!!

    Moog, Jan 26, 2007
  17. David

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 20:49:48 GMT, "David" <> wrote:

    >Seems I will not be getting help here,

    Guess not.

    >Good Night

    $10 says you'll be back.

    Evan Platt, Jan 26, 2007
  18. David

    Mike Easter Guest

    David wrote:

    > Seems I will not be getting help here,
    > Good Night

    You should go over to comp.security.firewalls.

    You'll be a /big/ hit over there.

    After those dudes get you straightened out a little bit, then you can
    take a trip to microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless where
    someone might hold your hand long enough to teach you to troubleshoot.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jan 26, 2007
  19. On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 20:02:27 GMT, "David" <> wrote:

    >Any ides then? The NG has the word Helpdesk in it.

    LOL... Another NTL subscriber.

    I thought AOL users were bad.

    Carnival Midway Hawker, Jan 26, 2007
  20. David