    the TweakUI that seemed appropo but without success. I also tried to
    change the registry settings manually. Thanks for any help.

    It's making me crazy.
    shortcake, Mar 4, 2006

  2. shortcake

    fred-bloggs Guest

    "shortcake" <> wrote in news:1141467568.765444.126320
    @e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com:

    > I am running XP sp2 home with all updates. The computer is 3 mos. old.
    > like using Windows explorer to browse files and folders. When I click
    > on a folder in the right pane in tree view, the search window appears
    > instead of just displaying the contents. I can right click and choose
    > open or explore but can't I turn off the search action? I downloaded
    > the TweakUI that seemed appropo but without success. I also tried to
    > change the registry settings manually. Thanks for any help.
    >
    > It's making me crazy.

    Try Kelly's fix (#18 right column)

    fred
    fred-bloggs, Mar 4, 2006

  3. "shortcake" <> wrote in message
    >I am running XP sp2 home with all updates. The computer is 3 mos. old.
    > like using Windows explorer to browse files and folders. When I click
    > on a folder in the right pane in tree view, the search window appears
    > instead of just displaying the contents. I can right click and choose
    > open or explore but can't I turn off the search action? I downloaded
    > the TweakUI that seemed appropo but without success. I also tried to
    > change the registry settings manually. Thanks for any help.
    >
    > It's making me crazy.

    I have never heard of this one. However, you might want to go to
    Tools/Folder options/File types and select the *folder* icon in the list and
    press the Advanced tab and see what the actions are for a folder. Mine has
    explore and open as the actions.

    Tools menu option at the top of the Explorer screen.

    Duane :).
    K-Man hater Duane, Mar 4, 2006
  4. shortcake

    Trax Guest

    "K-Man hater Duane <g>" <> wrote:

    |>"shortcake" <> wrote in message
    |>>I am running XP sp2 home with all updates. The computer is 3 mos. old.
    |>> like using Windows explorer to browse files and folders. When I click
    |>> on a folder in the right pane in tree view, the search window appears
    |>> instead of just displaying the contents. I can right click and choose
    |>> open or explore but can't I turn off the search action? I downloaded
    |>> the TweakUI that seemed appropo but without success. I also tried to
    |>> change the registry settings manually. Thanks for any help.
    |>>
    |>> It's making me crazy.

    |>I have never heard of this one.

    In explorer hit CTRL-E

    |>However, you might want to go to
    |>Tools/Folder options/File types and select the *folder* icon in the list and
    |>press the Advanced tab and see what the actions are for a folder. Mine has
    |>explore and open as the actions.
    |>
    |>Tools menu option at the top of the Explorer screen.
    |>
    |>Duane :).

    Or maybe in the tools\folder options under View to "Apply to all
    folders" after it's set up the way they want explorer.

    To change the explorer view to two panes - Under View/Explorer bar,
    select folder or ALT V-E-O

    --
    http://www.sobicsschool.com/fun/fun_game2.swf
    Trax, Mar 4, 2006
  5. shortcake

    shortcake Guest

    K-Man hater Duane <g> wrote:
    > "shortcake" <> wrote in message
    > >I am running XP sp2 home with all updates. The computer is 3 mos. old.
    > > like using Windows explorer to browse files and folders. When I click
    > > on a folder in the right pane in tree view, the search window appears
    > > instead of just displaying the contents. I can right click and choose
    > > open or explore but can't I turn off the search action? I downloaded
    > > the TweakUI that seemed appropo but without success. I also tried to
    > > change the registry settings manually. Thanks for any help.
    > >
    > > It's making me crazy.

    > I have never heard of this one. However, you might want to go to
    > Tools/Folder options/File types and select the *folder* icon in the list and
    > press the Advanced tab and see what the actions are for a folder. Mine has
    > explore and open as the actions.
    >
    > Tools menu option at the top of the Explorer screen.
    >
    > Duane :).

    PERFECT! Thank you soooo much! Donna
    shortcake, Mar 6, 2006