    they came up with was to use Apple quick time pro, but that only
    converts one file at a time, not a practical option when you take 50+
    short files in a session and need them joined and converted.
    panthan, Nov 4, 2006

  2. panthan

    Paul Mitchum Guest

    panthan <> wrote:

    > I'd like to be able to join my cam's MOV files into a single AVI file
    > that I can edit. There are lots of programs out there purporting to do
    > that but not one so far that works.
    > Anyone find one that works? Wondering if the W10's quicktime movies are
    > different from some other cam's MOV's? Asked Pentax cust svc and all
    > they came up with was to use Apple quick time pro, but that only
    > converts one file at a time, not a practical option when you take 50+
    > short files in a session and need them joined and converted.

    It seems like you'd want to pull your movie files into the editing
    program, rather than making them one long file for editing.

    If you're using a Mac, just chunk them all into iMovie. Edit as you
    please.
    Paul Mitchum, Nov 4, 2006

  3. panthan

    panthan Guest

    Paul, you make a good point about not having to join them -- I guess I
    wouldn't have to do that -- but with a PC, I understand that a lot of
    video editing software doesn't work well or at all with MOV's. Mine
    (EditStudio) doesn't.

    panthan, Nov 4, 2006
  4. panthan

    DubDriver Guest

    "panthan" <> wrote in message
    > I'd like to be able to join my cam's MOV files into a single AVI file
    > that I can edit. There are lots of programs out there purporting to do
    > that but not one so far that works.
    > Anyone find one that works? Wondering if the W10's quicktime movies are
    > different from some other cam's MOV's? Asked Pentax cust svc and all
    > they came up with was to use Apple quick time pro, but that only
    > converts one file at a time, not a practical option when you take 50+
    > short files in a session and need them joined and converted.

    Untested by myself but Aone Video Joiner claims to do this ie join MOV files
    and convert to other types.
    http://www.yaomingsoft.com/html/product-videojoiner.htm
    DubDriver, Nov 5, 2006
  5. panthan

    Cgiorgio Guest

    "panthan" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I'd like to be able to join my cam's MOV files into a single AVI file
    > that I can edit. There are lots of programs out there purporting to do
    > that but not one so far that works.
    > Anyone find one that works? Wondering if the W10's quicktime movies are
    > different from some other cam's MOV's? Asked Pentax cust svc and all
    > they came up with was to use Apple quick time pro, but that only
    > converts one file at a time, not a practical option when you take 50+
    > short files in a session and need them joined and converted.

    I am not sure about your Pentax W10, but I have no problems to edit, combine
    etc. the .MOV files from my Panasonic using Ulead Video Studio 9, same with
    version 8. It is not the latest version, but probably one of the two is
    available at special prices. www.ulead.com will have a 30 day trial version
    of the latest version (10) on their web site.
    Cgiorgio, Nov 5, 2006
  6. Cgiorgio wrote:

    > I am not sure about your Pentax W10, but I have no problems to edit,
    > combine etc. the .MOV files from my Panasonic using Ulead Video
    > Studio 9, same with version 8. It is not the latest version, but
    > probably one of the two is available at special prices. www.ulead.com
    > will have a 30 day trial version of the latest version (10) on their
    > web site.

    Try this.

    <http://www.nteinc.com/Web_pgs/MOV.html>

    Rita
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Nov 5, 2006
  7. panthan

    Cgiorgio Guest

    "Rita Ä Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > Try this.
    >
    > <http://www.nteinc.com/Web_pgs/MOV.html>

    They do not help me, because I n e v e r take photos or films in
    thunderstorms - and I did not see the kW / 100 kA rated ones.
    Cgiorgio, Nov 5, 2006
  8. Cgiorgio wrote:

    >> Try this.
    >>
    >> <http://www.nteinc.com/Web_pgs/MOV.html>
    >>

    > They do not help me, because I n e v e r take photos or films in
    > thunderstorms - and I did not see the kW / 100 kA rated ones.

    LOL! I thought you would like that. They do look pretty neat when they
    clamp down and burst into flames. I just don't seem to like the smell.

    Rita
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Nov 5, 2006