    initial installation of Vista. How do I go about getting this thing to
    upgrade? My comp meets the specs I have a dual core AMD proc and 2 gigs of
    ram an 8800 GTS etc. Thanks in advance.
    =?Utf-8?B?bGx1bmRlMw==?=, Feb 22, 2007

  2. It won't run, because it needs a clean install. Boot from the DVD, format
    the drive and then install. Of course, remember to backup all the
    documents, media etc that you want to save before starting!
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    http://www.coribright.com/windows

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), Feb 22, 2007

  3. Thanks Cari, I'm posting this on my new 64 bit system :)

    =?Utf-8?B?bGx1bmRlMw==?=, Feb 22, 2007
  4. Gratz for your update :)

    I'm having that same problem you had, but once booted from the 64-bit DVD
    it's asking for some drivers of which it doesn't mention what kind of drivers
    it needs. So, the install won't go one inch further from the start. Does
    anyone know what is it asking for?

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9tbWk=?=, Feb 22, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?bGx1bmRlMw==?=

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Tommi:
    It sounds like you need SATA or raid drivers. Without any system
    specifics it's just a guess. With Vista you can install the drivers from a
    disk, floppy or USB. Have a great day.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    XP x64, Vista Enterprise x64

    Dennis Pack, Feb 22, 2007
  6. Thanks,

    That's what the problem was. Luckily I still got the floppy disk provided by
    the mobo manufacturer. Now I got it installed and it's running really nicely.

    Thanks and have a very nice day you too :)
    -Tommi-

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9tbWk=?=, Feb 23, 2007