    Is there something - I assume something sprayable - that will dull the
    finish on a glossy inkjet print without damaging it?

    What about matte clear spray paint?

    muzician21, Dec 23, 2008

  2. muzician21

    muzician21 Guest

    Re: Want to turn a glossy photo print to matte

    I previously thought it was an inkjet print but the shop where I had
    it done advised it's an actual photographic print.

    So, is there something I could apply to turn it from gloss to matte or
    semi-gloss?

    muzician21, Dec 23, 2008

  3. muzician21

    muzician21 Guest

    On Dec 23, 3:27 pm, Bob Haar <> wrote:

    > Is there a reason why you cannot re-print it with matte paper? If you didn't
    > print it yourself, how about asking the original source to print another
    > copy?

    Distance, expense.

    muzician21, Dec 23, 2008
  4. muzician21

    Pete D Guest

    "muzician21" <> wrote in message
    On Dec 23, 3:27 pm, Bob Haar <> wrote:

    > Is there a reason why you cannot re-print it with matte paper? If you
    > didn't
    > print it yourself, how about asking the original source to print another
    > copy?

    >>Distance, expense.

    So get online to one of the many online print services and get one done, the
    postie will deliver and most are modesly priced and fast.

    Would cost more to buy some spray for Dogs sake.

    Pete D, Dec 23, 2008
  5. muzician21

    jaf Guest

    Any camera shop can make a copy on matte paper.
    If it is in a frame you can use matte or semi-matte glass.
    Why take a chance on ruining the print.

    John

    "muzician21" <> wrote in message news:...
    On Dec 23, 3:27 pm, Bob Haar <> wrote:

    > Is there a reason why you cannot re-print it with matte paper? If you didn't
    > print it yourself, how about asking the original source to print another
    > copy?

    Distance, expense.

    jaf, Dec 23, 2008
  6. muzician21

    Surfer! Guest

    In message
    <>,
    muzician21 <> writes
    >Is there something - I assume something sprayable - that will dull the
    >finish on a glossy inkjet print without damaging it?
    >
    >What about matte clear spray paint?

    Pearl or matte paper....

    --
    Surfer!
    Email to: ramwater at uk2 dot net

    Surfer!, Dec 24, 2008
  7. muzician21

    Bob Williams Guest

    muzician21 wrote:
    > Is there something - I assume something sprayable - that will dull the
    > finish on a glossy inkjet print without damaging it?
    >
    > What about matte clear spray paint?

    I have used Krylon Matte Spray as John suggested and it works well.
    If you are uneasy about spraying the original, Scan it at 300 ppi and
    reprint it on photo quality matte paper.
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Dec 24, 2008
  8. muzician21

    M-M Guest

    In article <ASm4l.735$>,
    Bob Williams <> wrote:

    > muzician21 wrote:
    > > Is there something - I assume something sprayable - that will dull the
    > > finish on a glossy inkjet print without damaging it?
    > >
    > > What about matte clear spray paint?

    > I have used Krylon Matte Spray as John suggested and it works well.
    > If you are uneasy about spraying the original, Scan it at 300 ppi and
    > reprint it on photo quality matte paper.
    > Bob Williams

    Testors Dull-Kote (or Dull-Cote?) found at any hobby shop works very
    well and you can remove it with denatured alcohol without harming the
    original photo.

    --
    m-m
    http://www.mhmyers.com

    M-M, Dec 24, 2008
  9. muzician21

    Pat Guest

    On Dec 23, 3:14 pm, muzician21 <> wrote:
    > Is there something - I assume something sprayable - that will dull the
    > finish on a glossy inkjet print without damaging it?
    >
    > What about matte clear spray paint?

    Aside from the sprays (which work fine), you could -- in theory --
    warm the print and then lay it face down on a piece of lint-free (with
    a weight on it) and convert the gloss to matte like you used to do in
    a darkroom. Old darkrooms had a dryer to do either surface. Face
    down was gloss and face up was matte.

    Pat, Dec 25, 2008
  10. muzician21

    Guest

    Please remember that the photo may be COPYRIGHTED and thus you can not
    scan/copy/reprint it - you must go back to the source...

    we professional photographers make a ***living*** by selling prints
    and re-prints!!

    , Jan 1, 2009