Want to take a beta exam?

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Megan Camp \(MS\), Sep 17, 2003.

  1. Announcing

    Beta Exam 71-282: Designing, Deploying, and Managing a
    Network Solution for a Small- and Medium-Sized Business

    You are invited to take Exam 71-282 in its beta version.
    This beta exam is offered to you free. A passing score on
    this beta exam counts as an elective credit toward the
    Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) on Windows
    Server 2003 certification.

    By participating in beta exams, you have the opportunity
    to provide the MCP program with feedback about exam
    content, which is integral to development of exams in
    their released version. We depend on the contributions of
    experienced IT professionals as we continually improve
    exam content and maintain the value of Microsoft
    certifications.

    This beta exam will be offered from September 22nd to
    September 28th by Pearson VUE (http://www.vue.com/) and
    Thomson Prometric (http://www.prometric.com/).

    Please use the following promotional code when
    registering for the exam: DNSSMB

    To register for this exam or for information about
    testing centers in your area, call:
    .. Prometric: (800) 755-EXAM (800-755-3926)
    .. VUE: 800 TEST REGistration (800-837-8734)

    Outside the U.S./Canada, please visit the following Web
    sites for registration information:
    .. Prometric:
    http://www.register.prometric.com/ClientInformation.asp
    .. VUE: http://www.vue.com/ms/

    For more information, visit the MCP Web site at
    http://www.microsoft.com/mcp/, write to
    or call 800-636-7544.

    Specific pages that answer some frequently asked
    questions are listed below.

    What is a beta exam?
    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcpexams/faq/procedures
    ..asp

    Where can I learn more about the registration process?
    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcpexams/register/defau
    lt.asp

    How do I prepare for this exam?
    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/exams/70-282.asp

    When will my beta exam results be available?
    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcpexams/faq/procedures
    ..asp#D

    Where can I learn more about the beta exam invitation
    process?
    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcpexams/status/beta.as

    How can I learn more about the new and improved item
    types?
    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcpexams/faq/innovation
    s.asp.

    Where can I learn more about the MCSE on Windows Server
    2003 certification?
    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mcse/default.asp

    If you have further questions regarding this exam or the
    MCP program, send e-mail to or call
    800-636-7544.
    Megan Camp \(MS\), Sep 17, 2003

  2. Megan Camp \(MS\)

    Stu. Guest

    Hi Megan, I've booked in to do this exam on Friday - can
    you point me in the direction of any study materials, or
    should I just explore the MS website?

    Thanks - Stu.

    Stu., Sep 29, 2003

  3. Megan Camp \(MS\)

    Stu. Guest

    In answer to my own question, found a great, downloadable
    book on Technet. Link is:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?
    FamilyID=483b6e22-8ed2-420b-915e-
    96d469347fb2&DisplayLang=en#filelist