    Nick

    am
    remove "nospam" change community. to msn.com
    =?Utf-8?B?bmlja2R1?=, Mar 6, 2007

  2. This is, primarily, an end user and IT Pro focused newsgroup (hence the
    ..general in the designation). As such, we're somewhat short of developers
    here. You might have better luck asking this question over on one of the
    MSDN forums.

    That being said, you can't directly call a 32-bit DLL from a 64-bit EXE "in
    process". If you can make the call out of process, you can make it work, as
    I understand it, but we're pushing up against what I know.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 8, 2007

  3. The good news, though, is that one can still compile 32bit code on a 64bit
    system and provided that code doesn't dig deep into the system with any
    direct hardware access that would otherwise require a Driver, the app will
    run the same, or marginaly better. So anything that uses these libraries
    could run unaffected as 32bit, while any new 64bit development would need
    new support.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Mar 8, 2007
  4. Correct.