    Anyways I have done all I can think of. Even gone through and checked every
    setting I can find and matched it with the working computer. It's very
    frustrating... PLEASE help!

    =?Utf-8?B?Z2F2ZW5naQ==?=, Apr 10, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Z2F2ZW5naQ==?=

    Frankster Guest

    > I am not concerned with security, and just want to get
    > rid of whatever is causing this.

    Causing what?

    -Frank

    Frankster, Apr 10, 2005

  3. What is the problem. If your ports are stealthed then no-one can find your PC
    and hack it. If her ports are closed then a hacker knows there is a computer
    there and can port bash until they get through.
    Your system is far safer.
    Her speed could be because she is on a faster link. Yours could be 1Mb/s and
    hers 2Mb/s. Speed is relative. How fast is her machine compared to yours for
    example.

    =?Utf-8?B?VCBE?=, Apr 11, 2005
  4. The best system I have found is First a NAT router with a DMZ set to a
    fictitious IP address. This stops outsiders from accessing your network and
    makes the ports stealthed (try this link to see if you are stealthed
    https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 its called shields up).
    Next is McAfee's Internet security which has a personal firewall to stop
    dangerous information being extracted or sent from your machine and includes
    anti virus and spam blockers.

    =?Utf-8?B?VCBE?=, Apr 11, 2005
  5. security question... senao

    it is possible to use other method of authentication besides wep with
    a senao/engenius 2611 cb3plus (deluxe), like 802.1x tls, eap, etc?
    thanks

    Santiago Tavitian, Apr 12, 2005