    the laptop "desktop" to the home computer desktop.

    Is there a simple step by step procedure for doing this?

    Thank you

    Mel, Mar 15, 2008

  2. Hi
    This type of operation is Not done by the network sharing.
    It is the function of Remote Control.
    Remote control can be done by using Windows XP Pro Remote Desktop.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/getstarted/remoteintro.mspx
    Or (depending on the exact features that you need) by a free 3rd party
    application like this.
    http://www.ezlan.net/vnc.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Mar 15, 2008

  3. Mel

    smlunatick Guest

    On Mar 15, 12:56 pm, "Mel" <> wrote:
    > I have a home computer and a laptop computer on a home wireless network both
    > running Windows XP.
    >
    > I want to put the laptop "desktop" on the home computer desktop so I can
    > access it there.  I've checked the laptop "desktop folder" and there is no
    > place to check to share.  It tells me to drag the "desktop folder" to the
    > shared documents folder.  I'm a little confused.  Then what do I do to get
    > the laptop "desktop" to the home computer desktop.
    >
    > Is there a simple step by step procedure for doing this?
    >
    > Thank you

    Copy the desktop between the two (make the desktop be the same on both
    when not directly connect to each other?)

    Or, be able to use the laptop's desktop screen from the other
    computers?

    smlunatick, Mar 16, 2008
  4. Mel

    Mel Guest

    I want to be able to use the laptop's desktop screen from the other
    computers. I am on a home wireless network.

    Mel, Mar 18, 2008
  5. Mel

    MarkSatterfield

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2008
    Messages:
    77
    Location:
    Central Florida
    Okay, I'm going to ask the same question a different way. Are you:

    1) Trying to have a common desktop between both of the computers (I only know how to do this with domain controllers, and I don't know that I'd have a laptop as the domain controller), or

    2) Trying to share the data that happens to be in the desktop folder on both computers?
    ** To answer #2,
    a. Open Windows Explorer
    b. Open C:
    c. Open "Documents and Settings"
    d. Open "Your Name" (whatever name you log in as under Windows)
    e. Right click "Sharing and Security..."
    f. Click "Share this folder"

    You'll also have to open up your firewall on both sides. I don't know which firewall you are using, so I'll leave that up to you.

    --Mark

    http://www.marksatterfield.com/
    http://mark.a.satterfield.googlepages.com/
    http://satterfield.890m.com/