    I searched all for Icacls but I wasn't lucky... Do you have a tip?

    Thanks or you help!
    beat

    beat, Jul 12, 2007

  2. beat

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 06:39:16 -0700, beat wrote:

    Another wannabe system admin, from googlegroups.com

    >Hi
    >I want to change the rights for a folder in C:\program files\...

    OS is some version of Windows or a Windows clone OS.

    >Icacls is the comand but allways I get permission denied. I doesn't

    Ah Vista then, with Icacls.

    You didn't say if you get permission denied trying to run Icacls or if
    it's changing the permissions.

    >want to do it by folderproperties.

    www.google.com

    The Command Prompt still lives in Windows Vista
    The first new command line tool I encountered is Icacls, which is like
    Cacls on steroids. Even though Cacls is still available in Windows
    Vista, Icacls is ...
    http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10877_11-6092566-2.html - 39k
    - Cached - Similar pages

    iCACLS Vista Command Prompt Tool to Manage ACLs » My Digital Life
    In Windows Vista, CACLS which has drawback of difficult to use to set
    inherited permissions on a folder is been deprecated and been replaced
    with iCACLS. ...
    www.mydigitallife.info/2007/04/30/icacls-vista-command-prompt-tool-to-manage-acls/
    - 64k - 10 Jul 2007 - Cached - Similar pages

    Icacls Shows Integrity
    We continue our investigation of Icacls by focusing on the tool's
    ability to set integrity levels.
    www.windowsitpro.com/Windows/Article/ArticleID/95681/95681.html - 11 Jul
    2007 - Similar pages
    [ More results from www.windowsitpro.com ]

    >I searched all for Icacls but I wasn't lucky... Do you have a tip?

    Stop trying then.

    Ask the system administrator.

    There are also Vista newsgroups,
    http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?&sel=33656486&expand=1